Doing my best to get that dirt out of Joe Robbie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doing my best to get that dirt out of Joe Robbie

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
I called into 940 on Tuesday and asked Ethan Skolnik why the Phins have to suffer with the Marlins dirt, and especially with the injuries it causes, when teams like the Texans have modular fields which negate such problems. In a nutshell, Reliant Stadiums field is made up of pallets of sod that can be replaced. Heck , they keep a spare field nearby which they can completely swap out in a matter of hours. For the cost of probably ONE injury settlement, we could have the dirt field made modular and not have to suffer through it for the first third of each season. Ethan promised to ask around and look into which may or may not mean anything, but at least it's a glimmer of hope. I'm sure it's too late for this season, but maybe this could be the last season we have to deal with it.

The stadium is called Pro Player ;)

And no this will not be our last season with it. IF we start making one it would take at least 2 years. Not only that but some people are saying that we are waiting until we can actually (us the fans) TRUST the Marlins to give them a new stadium.

Then why dont they make them play baseball on a football field instead of the Dolphins playing on a baseball field. If they are the team that makes more money and every one trust that would only make sense.

Originally posted by Prime Time
The stadium is called Pro Player ;)

And no this will not be our last season with it. IF we start making one it would take at least 2 years. Not only that but some people are saying that we are waiting until we can actually (us the fans) TRUST the Marlins to give them a new stadium.

Where the heck did you get me suggesting a new stadium? Take the EXISTING field, cut out the dirt parts, insert the modular pallets, and you can swap it out on game day. And you can do this in JOE ROBBIE...the stadium that JOE built, with his OWN money, NOT the name which ISN'T being paid for, and which represents an underwear company which is OUT OF BUSINESS!!

I can't believe some people are SO IN LOVE WITH JOE ROBBIE, but we already had a 20 page discussion about that. I will say one thing....Joe Robbie shouldn't have sold his name. Anyway..are you willing to pay to get that dirt off the field for every Home Game? I am sure it coust maybe 50 Thousand....you willing to cough that up, because I know Wayne Huizenga isn't.

PrimeTime,
What language is that you're speaking?? I though we spoke English on this forum.

It's simple why we love Joe Robbie.

He brought football to Miami. He built championship teams in Miami. He built a stadium in Miami.

He did all this without having to embarrass the fans worldwide with a threat to pay for the stadium or else, as so many others have done.

THE STADIUM IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE JOE ROBBIE.

Originally posted by ZOD
It's simple why we love Joe Robbie.

He brought football to Miami. He built championship teams in Miami. He built a stadium in Miami.

He did all this without having to embarrass the fans worldwide with a threat to pay for the stadium or else, as so many others have done.

THE STADIUM IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE JOE ROBBIE.

Absolutely, completely agree.

Joe Robbie built the stadium without having to rely on public funds.

Further, he ushered in an era of new stadium construction by using future suite revenues as a means to get the stadium built.

I never call it anything other than Joe Robbie Stadium.

Never will.

Primetime and (anyone else),

Forget about it. The thread is about the dirt. Ignore my statement.

I can't believe some people are SO IN LOVE WITH JOE ROBBIE, but we already had a 20 page discussion about that. I will say one thing....Joe Robbie shouldn't have sold his name. Anyway..are you willing to pay to get that dirt off the field for every Home Game? I am sure it coust maybe 50 Thousand....you willing to cough that up, because I know Wayne Huizenga isn't.

Because Joe Robbie is the only reason the Miami Dolphins exist!! And he funded that stadium with no help from any of us fans! It gave the Miami Dolphins the most elite stadium at that time, one that still ranks among the best! And he did it for his love of this team, so much so, that it darn near made him go bankrupt!

But of course you being 15/16 could care less about Dolphins History right?

Our Stadium is called JOE ROBBIE STADIUM...
I hate that other word they try to call it. And as PhinPhan and Zod said, Joe Robbie will forever be the pioneer of Pro Football in Miami. He brought a team here, won Super Bowls, and built a Joe Robbie Stadium with his own money. Unfortunately after his death, snakes crawled out from their holes and took the rights of the stadium name among other things they did.

But seriously, we should all call it Joe Robbie Stadium and don't forget the roots and tradition of our Miami Dolphins, not some bankrupt underwear Co. (PP).

About the infield Dirt: It's terrible and insulting. There is no reason for it to be there during Fins home games. Don't be ignorant and naive to think there is nothing that can be done. Thats BS. There are a thousand solutions that can be done. We just have to come together as businessmen and fans, and bark back at the people responsible for this. Don't settle for anything less.

GO FINS!!!

:tantrum:

:tantrum:

Oh well, I tried.

Another thing. Cities all across America are ponying up the dough to put a stadium on scenic "publicly" owned land. With all the waterfront property in the City of Miami these civic leaders in the 80's could not what an assett to the local economy the stadium actually is. So while the inner city was falling to crap in the late 80's and early 90's, civic "leaders" say they don't have the money.

Now they have the money. Soon you will be able to go see an orchestra play in the middle of "crack rock city". I guess someone said "Hey, we have to attract someone to the downtown area beside the bums. They have no money."

No Joe Robbie, no Miami Dolphins in Miami, no Florida Marlins in Miami. Odds are if Joe Robbie did not build that stadium in the mid 80's, things may have been totally dif with ALL sports in the south Florida area. That town owes him a TON of gratitude.

That's why so many ppl will never call that stadium anything else than JRS. He is an ICON, and a lynch-pin to all of sports in the south Florida area.

Oliver...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
I called into 940 on Tuesday and asked Ethan Skolnik why the Phins have to suffer with the Marlins dirt, and especially with the injuries it causes, when teams like the Texans have modular fields which negate such problems. In a nutshell, Reliant Stadiums field is made up of pallets of sod that can be replaced. Heck , they keep a spare field nearby which they can completely swap out in a matter of hours. For the cost of probably ONE injury settlement, we could have the dirt field made modular and not have to suffer through it for the first third of each season. Ethan promised to ask around and look into which may or may not mean anything, but at least it's a glimmer of hope. I'm sure it's too late for this season, but maybe this could be the last season we have to deal with it.

I'm not up on this, so please enlighten me if you would. What exactly are modular field made of? Grass, turf, the new spong turf, etc.?

If were talking sod as in real grass, it could present an even greater danger because it would never have the time to take root! Look at what happened to Giants stadium. That was such a disaster! The squares were giving way all over the field.

As much as I like the Florida Marlins, I have to hope they do just bad enough not to continue into the post season, because I hate that dirt infield!

Back
Top Bottom