Doing my best to get that dirt out of Joe Robbie | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doing my best to get that dirt out of Joe Robbie

Joe is the Carl Fisher of his day as it pertains to Miami. :topic:

Whoa, now that's a life (Carl Fisher).

Modular fields are real grass, that is grown in sections on locking "grids". The "grids" are laid down, and fit together in order to form the field. You don't have to worry about the "grass taking root" because it is already grown, and rooted in it's own "grid".

However I believe the entire field would have to be on the grid system, you can't just do a section.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by Prime Time
I can't believe some people are SO IN LOVE WITH JOE ROBBIE, but we already had a 20 page discussion about that. I will say one thing....Joe Robbie shouldn't have sold his name. Anyway..are you willing to pay to get that dirt off the field for every Home Game? I am sure it coust maybe 50 Thousand....you willing to cough that up, because I know Wayne Huizenga isn't.

AAAAA...thank you for playing. Did you not even bother to read what I posted? Reliant Stadium changes out parts of it's field REPEATEDLY before every game because they have their filed paletized(it's on pallets in squares that are swapped out to get the best looking grass). It doesn't cost them any more than normal groundskeeping costs. The only extra cost is putting it in place in the first place, and we're talking about digging a freaking hole here. If it costs them a million dollars, that's still cheaper than ONE injury settlement. How expensive would it be if Ricky busted his ankle running from the grass to the dirt? How many millions have we spent on marketing for Ricky that would go in the toilet. Dude...read the freakin' post before you reply...you'll sound much more intelligent that way.

From what I understand, the only reason Joe Robbie didn't use public money to build the stadium was because the powers-that-be refused to give it to him. That he wanted our money, but just couldn't get his hands on it.

Also, the name "Pro Player" itself sounds cool. Could be a lot worse. And it will be. Whatever the stadium gets renamed as, it's going to suck.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Modular fields are real grass, that is grown in sections on locking "grids". The "grids" are laid down, and fit together in order to form the field. You don't have to worry about the "grass taking root" because it is already grown, and rooted in it's own "grid".

However I believe the entire field would have to be on the grid system, you can't just do a section.

Hope that helps.

It sure did help, thanks!

But thats the same stuff the Giants used on their field last year, and it sucked! I remember the stuff was coming up all over the place. I think that stuff would be more prone to cause injury than dirt......IMO!

Originally posted by dolfan87

Hope that helps.

I don't see why it should matter if you do part of a field or all of it. The pallets are bolted down to concrete, which is what sits underneath Joe Robbie now. Heck, paletize the whole corner of the field if that's what's needed to get rid of the dirt. It's still 1/4 of the cost of Reliant Stadium, and STILL less than it costs when you lose a player.

Originally posted by Muck
From what I understand, the only reason Joe Robbie didn't use public money to build the stadium was because the powers-that-be refused to give it to him. That he wanted our money, but just couldn't get his hands on it.

Also, the name "Pro Player" itself sounds cool. Could be a lot worse. And it will be. Whatever the stadium gets renamed as, it's going to suck.

Dude...it's a bankrupt underwear company. How is unwanted underwear cool?

Originally posted by Ozzy

It sure did help, thanks!

But thats the same stuff the Giants used on their field last year, and it sucked! I remember the stuff was coming up all over the place. I think that stuff would be more prone to cause injury than dirt......IMO!

Take a look at Reliant Stadium. I'm 99% sure that the stuff they used in Giants stadium is layed down as sod, not carried in pallets that can be switched out. Reliant stadium looks GREAT!! And the surface is much more playable than ours during baseball season.

1.) If it wasn't for Joe Robbie, Dan Marino might be going into the hall of fame in a Jets, Patriots, or Bills jersey. How would you feel about that?

2.) There might have never been a perfect season, at least for the Dolphins...

3.) Joe Robbie didin't sell the rights to the name of the stadium... When he died in 1990 it the stadium was still called Joe Robbie... I don't belive it became Pro Player until 1997 after Robbie's sons sold the stadium to Hueizenga who in turn sold the rights to the name... Or something like that.... (Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

IT WILL ALWAYS BE JRS TO ME!!!

Originally posted by 13isgr81
1.) If it wasn't for Joe Robbie, Dan Marino might be going into the hall of fame in a Jets, Patriots, or Bills jersey. How would you feel about that?

2.) There might have never been a perfect season, at least for the Dolphins...

3.) Joe Robbie didin't sell the rights to the name of the stadium... When he died in 1990 it the stadium was still called Joe Robbie... I don't belive it became Pro Player until 1997 after Robbie's sons sold the stadium to Hueizenga who in turn sold the rights to the name... Or something like that.... (Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

IT WILL ALWAYS BE JRS TO ME!!!

Yep...family sold the rights.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Dude...it's a bankrupt underwear company. How is unwanted underwear cool?

No it isn't. Fruit of the Loom is the underwear company, not Pro Player. Does NBC sell appliances?? :tongue:

I'm talking about the two words themselves. "Pro Player" sounds cool. I don't equate it with underwear....or even the company itself. Neither do a lot of people.

And where does this "unwanted underwear" come from. FOTL was pretty popular if I remember correctly.

Joe wanted to keep the franchise in the family. So he left it to his kids......who promptly got rid of it after he died. :rolleyes: I also remember seeing Tim Robbie's mugshots in the papers back then too.

Originally posted by Muck

No it isn't. Fruit of the Loom is the underwear company, not Pro Player. Does NBC sell appliances?? :tongue:

I'm talking about the two words themselves. "Pro Player" sounds cool. I don't equate it with underwear....or even the company itself. Neither do a lot of people.

And where does this "unwanted underwear" come from. FOTL was pretty popular if I remember correctly.

Maybe FOTL was popular underwear but would you want your fins playing in the Fruit of the Loom Bowl...?

I just don't think the Name of that beautiful stadium should come from a something that holds my junk!

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Take a look at Reliant Stadium. I'm 99% sure that the stuff they used in Giants stadium is layed down as sod, not carried in pallets that can be switched out. Reliant stadium looks GREAT!! And the surface is much more playable than ours during baseball season.

Bingo on both accounts.

Back
Top Bottom