Doing my best to get that dirt out of Joe Robbie | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doing my best to get that dirt out of Joe Robbie

Originally posted by Prime Time

Right...I care about now...not what happened in the past.

A lil history never hurt anyone. If you don't know where you've been you do not know where you are going. :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

A lil history never hurt anyone. If you don't know where you've been you do not know where you are going. :D

Oliver...

Hopefully Houston. ;)

Originally posted by Muck
From what I understand, the only reason Joe Robbie didn't use public money to build the stadium was because the powers-that-be refused to give it to him. That he wanted our money, but just couldn't get his hands on it.

Also, the name "Pro Player" itself sounds cool. Could be a lot worse. And it will be. Whatever the stadium gets renamed as, it's going to suck.

:confused: :confused: Even if it's renamed Joe Robbie?? The only reason Wayne hasn't renamed it already is because of all the $$$$ it take to buy all the new signage to replace everywhere.

Originally posted by Oliver

We were there last pre-season. :D

Oliver...

It's nice in Pre-season... lets try a trip there in the post season... I hear that Houston is lovely that time of year. :D

Overall it would make alot of business sense if we took out the dirt business wise not only because of less injury settlement but just the fact that it will look good without it. Translates into enough sales over a little while to already pay for the thing. As for a name Joe Robbie Stadium works, but if they want good sponsorship I would have to say go find a company. Gillette was a good choice overall. I would say go name it something like the Oracle in Miami. Sounds strange at first but you will get used to it. I am sure there are a lot of companies whos name would sound good overall for the stadium.

Originally posted by DeDolfan
:confused: :confused: Even if it's renamed Joe Robbie??

Obviously, it's not going to be renamed "Joe Robbie".

The only reason Wayne hasn't renamed it already is because of all the $$$$ it take to buy all the new signage to replace everywhere.

Actually, the revenue that comes from the name rights to the stadium dwarfs the cost of new signage. The reason it hasn't been renamed is because a deal hasn't been reached. Plain and simple.

I cannot believe we have had another long discussion about Joe Robbie. Not that it matters or anything to me, I just do not understand why people continue to bother...the stadium will not be named Joe Robbie again...they were about to name it after some cruise....

I cannot believe we have had another long discussion about Joe Robbie. Not that it matters or anything to me, I just do not understand why people continue to bother...the stadium will not be named Joe Robbie again...they were about to name it after some cruise....

After everything some of us wrote about how JR affected the sports landscape of Miami you still do not understand why the name JRS is so dare to us?

For rizzle!

Oliver...

Robbie is a very important figure in Miami Dolphins history......not to mention the City of Miami.

Remember the old saying PT......those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Just saying that history IS important in all facets of life. So never stop caring about it. :)

In a way I like the name Pro Player because it is the place where the pro teams play. When they changed the name of it I thought for a while that is why they changed it because the Marlins started playing there. Funny huh.

Right...I care about now...not what happened in the past.

The only thing the Miami Dolphins have to brag about is the past!

I'm to young to fully appreciate what Joe Robbie was, but as a fan I do like the name Pro Player. I absolutely hate the friggin' dirt though. I know I'm not saying anything that hasnt already been said, but it look terrible.

Originally posted by Ozzy

The only thing the Miami Dolphins have to brag about is the past!

As opposed to bragging about the future?

The only team with bragging rights in the NFL right now is the Bucs.

But the Dolphins, and their fans, can and should be excited about the team that the Dolphins will field this year.

Originally posted by Brad528
Then why dont they make them play baseball on a football field instead of the Dolphins playing on a baseball field.

:D :D :D GOTTA LOVE IT!!! :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom