Dolfans make me sick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolfans make me sick

i defended his abilities from day one and will continue to, he is the man

so because a FEW people bashed ronnie, all phins fans did? im confused...

everybody watch nubs awesome highlight video, his long run, and the sick moves he displayed on that swing pass out of the backfield. this kid has it all

tcdrover said:
This isn't a sports town like Denver or KC.

Most of the fans don't really understand football. They just have seen Marino highlights, and their expectations or pathetically unrealistic...

Heck, most of the people on this board don't understand football.

Can we win a SB said:
miss i agreewith you 100 percent.. i tell you what i was at the game and i was telling my gf after a 9 yard run that i hope ronnie brown rushes for 100 yards just to prove to people he is not a bust, and i said that was going to give him confidence.. a couple plays later the guy nexst to us was saying he sucks we shuold i have picked cadillac.. i turned around and toldmy gf about teh cadillac and why people like him so much better.. she said its because our fans dont have faith in our team and dont believe in our players..i said i know and i always cheered for ronnie, never did it cross my mind.. when he broke out that run the same guy was cheering.. its unbelieveable me and my gf were astounded how some so called true die hard dolfans are.. im happy for brown, i think it was more important becuase he will gain tons of confidence after this game.. that can only help him

He got the yards, but the media didn't even mention it, This is annoying, however Ronnie's on his way and is a great acquisition for any team, I'm glad we have him.

texasPHINSfan said:
how many threads do we have to have before people start realizing that the Miami fan base is NOT in Miami.

we are a unique situation to the entire league.... literally HALF of SoFla is transplanted New Yorkers... they all root for bills and jets. Not one person in my high school was a dolphins fan. i have NO idea why this is. its a mystique.

however, the dolphins have more fans spread out across the country than any other team. This has been shown in NUMEROUS ESPN and NFL polls. this is also evident by this board, if nothing else... how many other fan boards do you see out there that have so many fans spread out across the country? not many. There were more dolphin jerseys at the San Diego game that was played in Arizona due to fires two years ago than there will be at a Dolphins/Jets game at ProPlayer (sorry, "Dolphins" stadium).... there will be more dolphin jerseys in baton rouge than there will be at the dolphins/bills game at ProPlayer.

its just a fact of nature.

Excellent point. If Miami would fly all of us in every week to the game, we'd have one of the best home crowds in the NFL even with the crappy acoustics in that stadium. Miami is much like San Francisco. Football isn't a top priority to the citizens of the city. Probably all the hotties walking around on the beach:) Great football towns are usually cities where the football team is the only game in town (Denver, Green Bay, Kansas CIty, Tennessee, Buffalo...) or one of NY, NJ, Philly teams. We don't fit into either category.

MissMeth said:
So yes i am somewhat of a homer... i admit it and i am proud of it. However i can not tell you enough how sick some dolfans make me!! When the fans started chanting Ronnie Browns name i wanted to throw up!!! :barf: The day before most of these fans were talking about what a bust he was and it was such a bad decision etc. Now im not saying they shouldnt have been cheering for him... i just hate that we are always so fairweather with so much of what the Fins entail. I for one, never boo ANY dolphin no matter who they are or if i like them. I will always give a rookie a full season before i say yah or nay. And i always pick the fins to win (although when i seriously doubt their ability to win i just give them a confidence rank of last). So call me a homer if you want but i am going to enjoy a win without any negative thoughts of a player, coach or the team. I just wish more Dolfans were like that.
:clap: (they got rid of your smiley :mad: )

MissMeth, that is your opinion and it seems that's is how you view the issue, but, being such a "homer", like you stated, I don't know how you came up with that one view...

I in turn believe that for the most part, most if not all of those "chanting" in the crowd were "rea"l fans, not "fair-weather" fans. I my view they probably wanted Ronnie to show the world that he was for real, and started to let Ronnie know that they have faith in him...

And in closing, I believe those "Ronnie bashers," really don't go to the games or pay attenttion to the game on TV. They just look at the stats and make their decision...

Just my view on this subject...

Ohio Fanatic said:
What? How are those guys less of a liability. Ryan Leaf was #2 pick, Akili Smith = top five pick, others = first round picks, mostly top 10-15. They were ALL huge cap casualties, especially Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith.

Money. Ronnie is getting more than any of them.

Disnardo said:
MissMeth, that is your opinion and it seems that's is how you view the issue, but, being such a "homer", like you stated, I don't know how you came up with that one view...

I in turn believe that for the most part, most if not all of those "chanting" in the crowd were "rea"l fans, not "fair-weather" fans. I my view they probably wanted Ronnie to show the world that he was for real, and started to let Ronnie know that they have faith in him...

And in closing, I believe those "Ronnie bashers," really don't go to the games or pay attenttion the the game on TV. They just look at the stats and make their decision...

Just my view on this subject...

I took her view different from you, how I read it is she agrees with you. She's pissed at the ronnie bashers switching their tone. See, she is under the impression that a few mindless views on this forum represent the views of the masses, so all the people that started chanting were the same idiots in this forum saying ronnie was a bust.

Now that being said, I feel the same as her in the fact that I'm sick of people, a lot of them post to this forum often, bashing our players(ronnie is just the latest) only to cheer them on once they start doing well.

In closing I beleive her opinion is that, get behind your team regardless of the result and just hope, pray, and cheer for the best out of all of our players.:)

Ohio Fanatic said:
Excellent point. If Miami would fly all of us in every week to the game, we'd have one of the best home crowds in the NFL even with the crappy acoustics in that stadium. Miami is much like San Francisco. Football isn't a top priority to the citizens of the city. Probably all the hotties walking around on the beach:) Great football towns are usually cities where the football team is the only game in town (Denver, Green Bay, Kansas CIty, Tennessee, Buffalo...) or one of NY, NJ, Philly teams. We don't fit into either category.
Soooo True
I remember before the "Manning Days" going to games in Indy and half (not exaggerating neither) of the stadium being in Aqua. I would say after attending about 14 games at ProPlaya that getting in and out of the stadium is a royal PAIN. A few years back we were playing the Ravens in a wildcard game, we drove 17 hrs and were 10 min. from the stadium an hour before kickoff, and didn't get into our seats until halftime. :fire:

What makes me sick is when fellow fans feed into the myth that a small percentage of the fans represent the entire fanbase (which ironically includes themselves) and start threads entitled..."Dolfans make me sick".

And the reason that I say that is, I'm a DOLFAN.

Back
Top Bottom