Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 11 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 11

havanahec said:
I dont have the dvd version but i do have it on Vhs. If no one can upload it for him just let me know and I can send him the tape if it comes down to it.

Max should be checking in soon and I'll ask him.

I mentioned Pontel because they copy from Master broadcast tapes from what I understand..

Wow, I attended that game and I'd love to see it again. That was the famous intentional safety when we were ahead 30-24 with a minute or two remaining. Our seats were that end zone, the open end zone, and literally no one around me expected it. I was in junior high and old enough to figure out the strategy, but until Griese dropped back and wandered to his right in the end zone I had no clue what was going on. I remember hearing the Monday Night crew on replay. They had not anticipated it, either. One nitpicking correction. It actually wasn't the original Monday Night crew. Keithy Jackson did play-by-play the first season in 1970. Replaced by Gifford a year later.

Likewise, nowadays I'm baffled by this torrent stuff. I'm on DSL on a Mac. Is DSL fast enough to participate in this stuff? If so, what is a good torrent program for a Mac? And how much disk space is required for a game like that? I have some old Fin games on VCR tapes. But the quality is probably not good enough for sharing purposes. I have not viewed them in a while and they have likely deteriorated.

Awsi Dooger said:
Wow, I attended that game and I'd love to see it again. That was the famous intentional safety when we were ahead 30-24 with a minute or two remaining. Our seats were that end zone, the open end zone, and literally no one around me expected it. I was in junior high and old enough to figure out the strategy, but until Griese dropped back and wandered to his right in the end zone I had no clue what was going on. I remember hearing the Monday Night crew on replay. They had not anticipated it, either. One nitpicking correction. It actually wasn't the original Monday Night crew. Keithy Jackson did play-by-play the first season in 1970. Replaced by Gifford a year later.

Likewise, nowadays I'm baffled by this torrent stuff. I'm on DSL on a Mac. Is DSL fast enough to participate in this stuff? If so, what is a good torrent program for a Mac? And how much disk space is required for a game like that? I have some old Fin games on VCR tapes. But the quality is probably not good enough for sharing purposes. I have not viewed them in a while and they have likely deteriorated.

I could use you as a historical consultant on these old ones.I had completely forgotten about Keith Jackson.

BTW you can install the bitornado client for mac.Here is the link
www.bitornado.com and check the top thread post for instructions and FAQs.It will be worth your effort spending a few minutes trying to figure it out.If you have trouble I suggest you get a friend to help you.

The games are approx 4 gig in size each ( a typical HD is between 20-80 gig).
DSL connection is good enough.It would probably take you a couple of days to finish .

You are welcome to participate.Ask questions as you go along but pls read the FAQs first.We were all newbees at some point.

lazlo73 said:
Would you guys be interested in Miami at Indy 10 Dec 01. We totally dominated Peyton and the boys 41-6. The most memorable highlight was our D stuffing Edge 4 consecutive times at the goal line. I know there wasn't much interest, but I also have some 02 and 03 games.

I've got that one ready to go...just waiting for the schedule to thin out...:D

I'm only have a couple of '02 games, though, so that would be a good era to pitch in.

I'd say everyone should email CRUNCH what they have available (a quality grade would be nice) & he can compile a list of sources -- not to create extra work for you Crunch ;) , but you seem to be coordinating things very well so far.

havanahec said:
I dont have the dvd version but i do have it on Vhs. If no one can upload it for him just let me know and I can send him the tape if it comes down to it.

I'll take tapes. ;)

Oregonfinfan said:
I am not sure what year or date but it was Mia vs Sea playoff game where it was last game at kingdome i remember we were down in the shado wof our own goaline and it was 3rd and 17 and Marino hit tony martin to keep the drive alive i really want this game!

Got it. It's been encoded but not edited or prepped for recording yet. We can do that one in the not-too-distant-future...

lazlo73 said:
Yeah, I have an All In Wonder. Which is no problem, but I have never really found an editing program that I like. Any suggestions? I'll pm you the game list.

I recommend the "TMPGnc" products..."Express 3.0" is great for converting odd size ratios (& even PAL) to dvd format, and for making color/image corrections in the process. It make take 3hrs to re-encode the video & there's a learning curve, but hey - that's the price you pay. And "DVD-Author" is very flexible for authoring menus, adding audio tracks, basic editing when it comes to making your dvd.

All is downloadable from the net & free to try...and *cough* I'm sure there are cracks available out there to help you extend your free trial indefinately...

What do you folks use to rip a DVD into an avi file. I know there are tutorials, but I wanted to know an easy, effective program. Money is no option.

jaxdolfan said:
What do you folks use to rip a DVD into an avi file. I know there are tutorials, but I wanted to know an easy, effective program. Money is no option.

I thought you were using WinAvi.It works fine for me.

im new to this, and a big Marino fan.

i missed out on a few of the great games, i would like to get. any way they can get re-seeded. if they do, i would keep them up for other people for awhile.

thanks, here are the games (only 3) ....

01/06/84-- Miami 45, Pittsburgh 28 (AFC Champ.) - 4.17 Gb
12/02/85 -- Dolphins 38 vs Bears 24 - 4.22GB.
12/31/94-- Miami 27, Kansas City 17 (Playoffs)4.26G

havanahec said:

I dont know if you guys realize it but Max only lives a few miles away from you.
You two should send PMs to see how you can get those games in Max's hands.

Wow Crunch, you've turned this little torrent thing into a monster. Seems like only yesterday I uploaded the first preseason game of 2004 and now you pretty much got down a library of Dolphins stuff that probably rivals NFL Films :chuckle:

I don't come on much anymore, but when the season rolls around again, I'll be here to help cap some games when possible and upload them via Usenet or BitTorrent. :helmet:

Dan13Marino said:
im new to this, and a big Marino fan.

i missed out on a few of the great games, i would like to get. any way they can get re-seeded. if they do, i would keep them up for other people for awhile.

thanks, here are the games (only 3) ....

01/06/84-- Miami 45, Pittsburgh 28 (AFC Champ.) - 4.17 Gb
12/02/85 -- Dolphins 38 vs Bears 24 - 4.22GB.

12/31/94-- Miami 27, Kansas City 17 (Playoffs)4.26G

At the moment we are still doing new games.It would take away from our overall effort to distract BW for recycled games.None of those mentioned are on the site anymore.Its best to get these games when they are fresh.

If one of the guys want to do it thats OK but not any of the main guys who are doing other work for the torrents.

When the new games play out we will revisit the old games.

Medieval954 said:
Wow Crunch, you've turned this little torrent thing into a monster. Seems like only yesterday I uploaded the first preseason game of 2004 and now you pretty much got down a library of Dolphins stuff that probably rivals NFL Films :chuckle:

I don't come on much anymore, but when the season rolls around again, I'll be here to help cap some games when possible and upload them via Usenet or BitTorrent. :helmet:

Good to hear from you again.It has grown thanks to you and Jax and the new guys.We will be most appreciative of your participation during the regular season.:D

BTW for those who dont know Medieval capped the first three exhibition games and uploaded the original Dan Marino:Heart of a Champion which was widely copied later.

I like the Usenet idea. This way, once the games were upped, they would be there for 30-45 days, depending on your news subscription. I use Easynews and it is around 30 days retention in most groups.

Download from the web too, no newsreader needed.

One bad thing about Usened would be that more people would see it and possibly have a problem with it. :rolleyes:

jaxdolfan said:
I like the Usenet idea. This way, once the games were upped, they would be there for 30-45 days, depending on your news subscription. I use Easynews and it is around 30 days retention in most groups.

Download from the web too, no newsreader needed.

One bad thing about Usened would be that more people would see it and possibly have a problem with it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've branched away from BitTorrent and mostly use Usenet now for uploading and downloading. My ISP has great built-in access to nearly all of the newsgroups and I have a 30 day retention.

For the upcoming season, I think we can do both. I can post to the newsgroups for people who have access to the binaries and someone else can upload them to a torrent site for people who don't.

I like the fact that I can just post and it'll stay there for a month without having to sacrifice bandwidth. Also, won't tie up the iMac for when family wants to use it :)

CrunchTime said:
At the moment we are still doing new games.It would take away from our overall effort to distract BW for recycled games.None of those mentioned are on the site anymore.Its best to get these games when they are fresh.

If one of the guys want to do it thats OK but not any of the main guys who are doing other work for the torrents.

When the new games play out we will revisit the old games.

sounds good, i will be looking out then. thanks for the quick response.

Back
Top Bottom