Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 11 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 11

I woul dmuch rather take the game from newsgroups also I am with verizon and they have the best newsserver at least i think so! Do you have any game i dont have liek the 85 bears or any others we could try a test run on the newsgroups!

Nah, the site now allows all users to see the peer listing so I kinda think its a waste. But if someone wants to, by all means.

IceStorm said:
Nah, the site now allows all users to see the peer listing so I kinda think its a waste. But if someone wants to, by all means.

I didnt know everyone could see it.I thought it was just Power Users.

CrunchTime said:
I dont know if you guys realize it but Max only lives a few blocks away from you.
You two should send PMs to see how you can get those games in Max's hands.

He lives a good hour away from me,but in comparison to me and you, I guess you could say a few blocks. :D

You can purchase access to Newsgroups, I used to do this back before P2P file sharing becames a success. I used to pay a modest monthly fee (i think it was $5.99 a month) to gain access. The good thing about Newsgroups is that once you upload it, you don't waste your bandwith any more, because it's loaded on a server and then everyone can download from there without having to share their bandwidth... so it wouldn't matter if we had leechers or whatever, it wouldn't be a detriment to any others following because the download would be available from the server for 30 days regardless of peer participation. Speeds from the server are going to be phenomanal as well, much quicker than BitTorrent, especially at the initial startup stage. It might be worth checking it out as an option, or we could distribute the game on newsgroups first to a select group of Super Seeders, then on BitTorrent to those who prefer to access it that way. Worth a look IMO. :)

havanahec said:
He lives a good hour away from me,but in comparison to me and you, I guess you could say a few blocks. :D

He must have moved.:tongue: .UPS will work.

Kenny_Stang said:
You can purchase access to Newsgroups, I used to do this back before P2P file sharing becames a success. I used to pay a modest monthly fee (i think it was $5.99 a month) to gain access. The good thing about Newsgroups is that once you upload it, you don't waste your bandwith any more, because it's loaded on a server and then everyone can download from there without having to share their bandwidth... so it wouldn't matter if we had leechers or whatever, it wouldn't be a detriment to any others following because the download would be available from the server for 30 days regardless of peer participation. Speeds from the server are going to be phenomanal as well, much quicker than BitTorrent, especially at the initial startup stage. It might be worth checking it out as an option, or we could distribute the game on newsgroups first to a select group of Super Seeders, then on BitTorrent to those who prefer to access it that way. Worth a look IMO. :)

Thanks for clearing that up.It does sound like a good system but I understand that missing pieces can be a problem.As I said before it I dont have access to one and since I am the one that is retrieving the games, editing ,reauthoring and uploading its not an option for me.Why am the only one doing this.? To exercise some content quality control.Some of the tapes have non football material :byroan:.And the quality of some are unwatchable.I received a tape of
09/21/86 -- at N.Y. Jets 51, Miami 45 (ot) (Marino/OBrien shootout game but it was just unwatchable .If anyone has a good copy of that game we would be interested.

Also it reduces exposure to all of you just in case someone wants to have a fish fry

Frying a group of fish might be more attractive than frying a little fish.:dolphin:

Anyway whats the rush ?:coffee: These are classics and there is still a long way until the start of the season.:(

In regards to BW most of us are paying a monthly fee so might as well use the BW we are paying for.

By I have no problem if someone wants to distribute them.I cant control that.I think Dude was sharing some of our stuff on e-mule.

The missing pieces are a problem on free servers, but using a premium server such as easynews or giganews you get 30 day retention on 99% of files for anyone with an internet connection and an account with the server.

The limit with usenet is that it costs $9.99 for 10 gigs. We'd have to trim our dvds so it doesn't cost a fortune.

The one thing to remember is that right now, the torrents are working incredibly. 2-3 days,and we have 20 seeders and 2 leechers.

The only thing newsgroups would give us is "unlimited seeding" and downloading at ultra fast speeds for 30 days.

jaxdolfan said:
The missing pieces are a problem on free servers, but using a premium server such as easynews or giganews you get 30 day retention on 99% of files for anyone with an internet connection and an account with the server.

The limit with usenet is that it costs $9.99 for 10 gigs. We'd have to trim our dvds so it doesn't cost a fortune.

That would be a problem for us for these classics as we are averaging one DVD every other day.

jaxdolfan said:
The only thing newsgroups would give us is "unlimited seeding" and downloading at ultra fast speeds for 30 days.

That could be a solution for those who have come in late on the torrents.Someone could put them up on the newsgroups and it wouldnt distract our BW.

jaxdolfan said:
The one thing to remember is that right now, the torrents are working incredibly. 2-3 days,and we have 20 seeders and 2 leechers.

As a matter of fact we nearly always have the best seeded torrents at the site.We now occupy the first three places.

Top 10 Best Seeded Torrents (with minimum 5 seeders) -
RankNameSna.DataSe.Le.To.Ratio1
1-73 Steelers2375.48 GB2112221.002
2-Marino's first start4391.96 GB1011110.003
3-99broncos32116.75 GB1011110.00

CrunchTime said:
Thanks for clearing that up.It does sound like a good system but I understand that missing pieces can be a problem.As I said before it I dont have access to one and since I am the one that is retrieving the games, editing ,reauthoring and uploading its not an option for me.Why am the only one doing this.? To exercise some content quality control.Some of the tapes have non football material :byroan:.And the quality of some are unwatchable.I received a tape of
09/21/86 -- at N.Y. Jets 51, Miami 45 (ot) (Marino/OBrien shootout game but it was just unwatchable .If anyone has a good copy of that game we would be interested.

Also it reduces exposure to all of you just in case someone wants to have a fish fry

Frying a group of fish might be more attractive than frying a little fish.:dolphin:

Anyway whats the rush ?:coffee: These are classics and there is still a long way until the start of the season.:(

In regards to BW most of us are paying a monthly fee so might as well use the BW we are paying for.

By I have no problem if someone wants to distribute them.I cant control that.I think Dude was sharing some of our stuff on e-mule.
I was using e-mule for other things, but what is your opinion of using a p2p to help ditribute? Has some advantages...

I uses newhosting and download everyday. no problem with how much either. I pay 15 a month for unlimited and max out my 5mb line, so far I have downloaded over 1.8 TB from ng's

Dude said:
I was using e-mule for other things, but what is your opinion of using a p2p to help ditribute? Has some advantages...

It might be a good way to get the old games distruibited.Do you want to do it ?

Newsgroups might be good too.Someone like Pro-x who has unlimited access to them could put up the 85 Bears game and some of the other favorites for retrieval by those who dont have it.

Did anyone have trouble with the Audio on the 73 Steelers game ?

Back
Top Bottom