Dolphin Hater? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Hater?

I need to get satellite for this year because the games the fins play on espn, i can't see unless i go to a bar and i would also like to check out Patrick and Theisman. Not only because they praise the fins but because i like to hear good, unbiased opinions like you said earlier. I think Madden should stick to promoting his games because listening to him on TV gets annoying fast. Thank God for muting!

Originally posted by infiltrateib
My favorite Madden comment last year (during GB v Miami game):

(this isn't verbatim, but believe me, it's close)
"Miami is one of the least talented teams in the league. They need to do a lot with the talent that they have."

Right... two pro-bowl corners, the leading rusher in the NFL, a pro-bowl linebacker, a pro-bowl safety, the leading sack artist in the NFL and possibly best DE...

Actually, I don't believe this is accurate. He was referring to the talent on offense and how bad Ray and the WR's were playing. Basically, we had RW and that was it! He was right about what he said.

I do think he is bias toward the NFC and toward cold-weather, grass football teams. I understand that, to some degree. While I am a Dolphins fan, I love those muddy, snowy, weather beaten games. I think Madden would show more appreciation to the Dolphins if they ever make it through December with a few big wins and go deeper in the playoffs. As much as I don't like him not giving much respect to the team, not jumping on the band-wagon in October as so many others in the media do, I tend to agree with him not giving as much respect, given the past success of the team.

I didn't have SB expectations last year, after Ray went down. You always hope, of course, but realistically, when I take off my Dolphin hat and just put on my "NFL fan" hat, I would not ever have bet on them at any time after Fiedler got hurt.

Originally posted by marcusreal
(revenge is the sweetest joy next to getting p***y. -2pac)

that was in one of Pac's best verses ever..

Agree, the hail mary song was one of the best ever done, still to this day.

Yes, the whole world is against you. Migth as well saty in that dark bedroom of yours with no windows so you don't get hurt! :lol:

BTW all the refs in the US are against us, I mean Music Cuty Miracle, No Goal, Phantom Goal, Phantom catch, CHris Watson's numerous P.I.'s..... lol ;) :D

and finally, Andy Ried is 11-0 in primetime games... so good luck!

"I do think he is bias toward the NFC and toward cold-weather, grass football teams."

I can dig that, rather than "Madden hates us!"

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Yes, the whole world is against you. Migth as well saty in that dark bedroom of yours with no windows so you don't get hurt! :lol:

BTW all the refs in the US are against us, I mean Music Cuty Miracle, No Goal, Phantom Goal, Phantom catch, CHris Watson's numerous P.I.'s..... lol ;) :D

Three words.....
Hooked On Phonics!

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS

Ya, they own Tampa Bay too! :rolleyes:

Said earlier, say it again....Eagles are a joke.

Maddens coaching days and former glory are way in the past. He has become a laughingstock among people who really know the game. Additionally, he is anti-Dolphin, and IMO not worth listening too which is why I go with Howard David and Mandich on game day. I love Jimbo, he tells the truth, he's a bright guy and can be very funny. In a game last year Olindo Mare made a big hit on a kickoff return and Mandich screamed out," Olindo Mare, you're a stud son!" As a former Dolphin he's a major homer and honestly that's what I want during Dolphin games. Howard David can be grating at times but it's worth the price of admission to hear Jimbo. Did I mention that Madden was a fat, drunken has been bag of ****? And those are his good points!

Madden was an extremely emotional coach with the Raiders. He coached as if he was playing.

But I swear he has a stiffy for Brett Favre. During the Miami-Chicago game last season, how many times did he mention Favre's name? haha And the guy wasn't even playing.

While I dislike his style, he does have a lot of history with the game.

Madden's idea of a good MNF game: two NFC teams that peaked 5 years ago trading field goals all night.

You know, Ice is right, he does have alot of knowledge about the game of football but my point was he doesn't give the fins their proper respect. Down here, some sleep with the fishes. (revenge is the sweetest joy next to getting p***y. -2pac)

You guys have to understand that Madden lost a lot of games to Shula and the Dolphins, before they broke through on that falling down QB (the snake) to their TE catch, that beat us in the last seconds. If Miami was in the League, the Raiders would have been the team during the early 70's. For all their success, it was Miami, a 6 year old team that went undefeated, repeated at their expense. He doesn't have a lot of love for Miami, then the Steelers take over the AFC. He did get one championship in before them, but if we weren't around, he'd probably have a couple of more.

Yes MD, but do you think that this guy still holds this against a franchise that's different now? If he does hold certain grudges inside for the fins, after all these years, why can't the guy at least be professional about it? And give credit where it's due, at least he could think the fins were a formidable foe and worth his unbiased opinions.

Back
Top Bottom