Dolphin Hater? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Hater?

Hold a grudge? Think about that for a moment then think back to last year the week before we played the Jets for the first time. Remember everyone talking trash about ending/continuing the streak? Most people, at least most fans, hold grudges for a long time.

As for Madden, I'm sure that being the type of guy he is he won't give up his pride to soon or if ever.

I wish Madden would retire and just stick to video games. He ruins the game IMO. Sometimes I actually mute the TV because he annoys me so much. He's a fat slob with boring , bias, commentary.

Man. With his obvious calls like "You gotta catch the ball for a completion" (or something of the sort), Madden has almost ruined MNF for me. I'm not kidding, I'd take Dennis Miller over this droning Fogey. I respect him for his history as a coach, but it ends there.

Oh yeah, his game is the biggest waste of time too, no skill involved. 2k series is more realistic.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
The best commentary group BY FAR is the Sunday Night crew on ESPN.

Mike Patrick might be the best commentater in all of sports, and I like Theisman. He always gives credit to the Fins.

The thing about this group is that they get better and better each year..

Originally posted by marcusreal
I need to get satellite for this year because the games the fins play on espn, i can't see unless i go to a bar and i would also like to check out Patrick and Theisman. Not only because they praise the fins but because i like to hear good, unbiased opinions like you said earlier. I think Madden should stick to promoting his games because listening to him on TV gets annoying fast. Thank God for muting!

Then again, I never heard Theismann pat ol' Danny on the back during his play. I think Theismann has it in for guys who he perceives don't have to compete for their job each year. He praises Jay more than most all other commentators.

I think that has something to do with his playing days if you know what I mean. I think he and Kilmer still hate each other..

who cares what Madden thinks? He's been over the hill for a long time. He's annoying as a comentator. I'll say that he was refreshing when he first started out but his act has grown old.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
You guys have to understand that Madden lost a lot of games to Shula and the Dolphins, before they broke through on that falling down QB (the snake) to their TE catch, that beat us in the last seconds. If Miami was in the League, the Raiders would have been the team during the early 70's. For all their success, it was Miami, a 6 year old team that went undefeated, repeated at their expense. He doesn't have a lot of love for Miami, then the Steelers take over the AFC. He did get one championship in before them, but if we weren't around, he'd probably have a couple of more.
ding ding we have a winner i agree 100% he lays in bed at night with his 6 legged turkey and recalls how shula the greatest coach ever kept him from that title and then came knoll who ran him out of coaching.

Reason he doesn't like us is because he was a Faider coach plain and simple.

What really pisses me off is he put Marino on All-Madden once and that was his super-season. He had a lot more Godzilla ones too. 2 of the three QBs were always NFC losers or the San Fran. duo(Favre numerous times).

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Another thing. You notice very few Dolphins make his annual All-Madden team?

That's no coincidince.

Dude, that is so true. Did you see the All madden team from 2001? There was one AFC player on the list total. Madden is a fat fuc#ing porkchop. Dont they sell Slim Fast at Ace Hardware? The Fin's get a decent ranking on his video game because he stays out of the programming. I hope the new xbox game will support the cd player so I don't have to listen to his ***. He loves the NFC and totally hates the Afc especially the Phins

It's not us, he hates the AFC for some reason. Strange considering he was such a successful AFC coach. He praises the NFC team and speaks poorly of the AFC team in every interconference game he does. I don't get it.

You guys are making excellent points. One comment he made during the Green Bay game that really made me mad was when he said the Dolphins defense looked like it "hadn't even practiced." Does anyone remember this? That "unprepared" defense held a pretty good offense to 17 points (INT returned for TD made 24 total). I also remember him repeatedly slamming us in the first half of the Bears game, and when Jay threw the pick, didn't he say something like, "this could be the break the Bears need"? Chicago was NEVER in that game; the score should have been at least two touchdowns bigger.

I also remember in 1999 when Boomer was in the booth during that ridiculous 38-31 loss to the Jets when Ray Lucas was NY's QB, every time Danny threw an incomplete pass Boomer would say something like, "He is just showing why he doesn't have it anymore." But then Danny would throw a TD pass and Boomer would say, "That's why he is one of the greatest QB's ever." I turned the volume off in that game, I got so sick of it. Interesting that they now work with each other at CBS.....

I think it's almost impossible for announcers to be completely unbiased, but some definitely do a better job than others. I love the Sunday Night announcers.....they were hilarious during the Denver game, going nuts when those FGs were being kicked. The "Kick it now! Now! NOW!!!!!" line before Mare came out for the game winner was priceless.

Ice, you are right! I do remember the Jets/Fins first game of last year. Madden is a mutt, can't we take out a RB for one play and have the Fins D gang tackle him with the ball in his hands?

Madden's best days are behind him, plain and simple. He's so out of touch I kind of feel sorry for his sorry *** when they conference him in on espn countdown sunday mornings.
He's kind of like old yeller. You know he has to be put down but it's gonna break someone's heart to do it.
I feel sorry for the poor bastard that has to fire his ***, because it doesn't look like Madden will take himself out.
Imagine how smelly that bus of his must be. They always show him eating in there, you know he's stinkin it up!

Lotion, that was very funny. I guess now I am very satisfied with other people's opinions towards this mutt in my thread. I can leave it alone now that i know i am not the only one that feels that Madden hates my Fins! Sorry, OUR Fins.

Back
Top Bottom