Dolphins Already Very Active | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Already Very Active

I think that was obvious by the fact they traded their best offensive lineman and their best defensive player so they would have 3 picks in the first round.
They have more draft picks than any other team in the NFL so I would expect them to be a big factor in the draft.

I just hope Grier does a much better job in selecting talent in this draft than he has done in the drafts he has conducted since he became the GM in 2016. The Dolphins have the least talented roster in the league and that is because of what a lousy job the personnel department and the head coaches have done in evaluating talent in the draft over the last several years.
Minkah was not even close to their best defensive player when they traded him.

I would expect us to be very proactive and talk to as many teams as possible to afford us the flexibility and knowledge we might need to make moves. IF Tua's medical is good tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised to see Grier try to hammer out a deal to move to #2 or #3 while still there face to face with he other GM's.

Minkah was not even close to their best defensive player when they traded him.
That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to that opinion. He was the top rated slot CB in the NFL based on 2018 stats. To me he has a larger upside than any defensive player the Dolphins have on their roster at this time and that includes Howard.

The Dolphins had the worst defense in the NFL last year and I certainly think that if Minkah and Flores could have worked out their differences, he would have been the best player on the defense in 2019.

Minkah was all pro last reason as a safety with the Steelers and the last I checked the Dolphins had zero defensive players on the all pro list. So to me, Minkah was easily the best defensive player on the Dolphins roster when he was traded.

Cool story. Can you give me the lotto numbers while you’re using that third eye of yours?
Mel Kiper agrees with me because he also has the Lions selecting Tua at 3 in his latest mock draft. I guess he was using his third eye for that pick too.

It's never been all on Grier before. It is now. And up until today, we've acquired a surplus of picks and cut a ton of fat. So far so good.
I would also point out that Flo will have input, as well.

I have infinately more confidence in his judgement, than Gase or Queasy.

Back
Top Bottom