Dolphins Already Very Active | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Already Very Active

Grier was totally in control of the 2019 draft because Tannebaum was fired after the 2018 season. The 2019 draft was very average at best. So stating Grier is all on his on for the first time just isn’t true.

The fact is Grier has been part of the problem in the personnel department for the past 20 years. Hopefully he has learned from all his mistakes over the past two decades and he can actually do a better job in the 2020 draft.

We had 6 picks 2 in the 7th. Don't know how much you can ask for with that.

Mel Kiper agrees with me because he also has the Lions selecting Tua at 3 in his latest mock draft. I guess he was using his third eye for that pick too.

Mel Kiper is paid to do mock drafts. You said Detrioit WILL draft Tua and Miami will trade down. So again, how about those lotto numbers? I could use a vacation.

We had 6 picks 2 in the 7th. Don't know how much you can ask for with that.
Agreed,

You also can't really judge until after yr 2 at the earliest.

Wilkins is solid, and likely improves. Dieter may end up a decent day 2 pick.

Van Gink looked to be a good role player type late.

Too early to say.....

Not sure if you really believe this or just want it to happen so bad you're trying to convince yourself
I don’t care if the Dolphins draft Tua even though I hope they don’t trade up to select him. I would have no problem if they drafted him at 5.

I just think that the Lions will be moving on from Stafford after the 2020 season because of his age and his recent back injury. The only reason they won’t trade him now is because of the cap hit they would take by trading him now.

The Lions are a bad team with or without Stafford. By drafting Tua they will have their QB of the future and he can sit out next year while his hip fully recovers and take over as the Lions QB in 2021. If the Dolphins recognize that Tua in a once in a lifetime QB prospect. Why would anyone assume the Lions don’t see that same thing in Tua and they decide to build for the future with Tua as their QB?

The reality is there is no player better at 3 for the future of the Lions than a healthy Tua. Just as there would be no better player for the Dolphins at 5 than a healthy Tua. I just think the Dolphins are going to have to trade up to 2 if they want to draft Tua and I think it will cost them all of their first round draft picks to move from 5 to 2.

If not for his injury history I would have no issue with the Dolphins trading three first round picks for Tua but I would be very wary of giving up those picks simply because of the serious hip injury he suffered.

I don’t care if the Dolphins draft Tua even though I hope they don’t trade up to select him. I would have no problem if they drafted him at 5.

I just think that the Lions will be moving on from Stafford after the 2020 season because of his age and his recent back injury. The only reason they won’t trade him now is because of the cap hit they would take by trading him now.

The Lions are a bad team with or without Stafford. By drafting Tua they will have their QB of the future and he can sit out next year while his hip fully recovers and take over as the Lions QB in 2021. If the Dolphins recognize that Tua in a once in a lifetime QB prospect. Why would anyone assume the Lions don’t see that same thing in Tua and they decide to build for the future with Tua as their QB?

The reality is there is no player better at 3 for the future of the Lions than a healthy Tua. Just as there would be no better player for the Dolphins at 5 than a healthy Tua. I just think the Dolphins are going to have to trade up to 2 if they want to draft Tua and I think it will cost them all of their first round draft picks to move from 5 to 2.

If not for his injury history I would have no issue with the Dolphins trading three first round picks for Tua but I would be very wary of giving up those picks simply because of the serious hip injury he suffered.
As it has been said before, because this isn't a decision made in a vacuum and the Lions' front office have certain stipulations placed upon them by the owner that basically doesn't allow them to draft Tua, sit him on the bench, and still have their jobs come 2021.

Several things!

1. Tannebaum wasn’t fired.
2. Detroit also has a coach in the hot seat. Forgetting context when trying to figure a teams mindset is mistake imo

I could see us doing something similar to last year, trade #18 for more picks, then package #5 and some picks to move up.

I'd prefer to wait for draft day to move down, but would rather move up prior to the draft if we could.
you can't trade 18 unless there is a player there for another team. so Miami would trade 5 and "hope for the best?"

Stafford is the least of the Lions problems. They were a competitive team before he got hurt this past season and he is only 32 years old. He can probably play at a high level for another 5 to 6 years as long as he stays relatively healthy from this point forward. The Lions biggest problems are on the defensive side of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom