Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension

I mean if he turns into a top 5 wr yeah but that’s gonna take more than climb the ladder and quick slants.

Become top 5 and yeah we can talk. Outside of that next 2 years you playing for what you signed lol

DVP is much more than that,but the idea that a WR needs to master many types of skills to become elite doesn't seem to be true based on current and past elite wrs, you need one or two god like skills and the rest above average,and the ability to dominate the catch point and climb the ladder are the only skills that can erase bad qb play.

DVP is much more than that,but the idea that a WR needs to master many types of skills to become elite doesn't seem to be true based on current and past elite wrs, you need one or two god like skills and the rest above average,and the ability to dominate the catch point and climb the ladder are the only skills that can erase bad qb play.

Well I was gonna say that dvps usage this year is probably more a reflection of the qb limitations than anything else. In terms of his skill set on display.

Parker doesn’t really give off that vibe as a “me” player. He seems like he genuinely loves Miami and is grateful for his new life here. Need more players like that. My buddy that is from Louisville, his brother in law coached basketball when Devante was in HS. Said he was always a soft spoken guy.

Dvp is definitely soft spoken but his agent will make noise if he outplays his contract again.

Well I was gonna say that dvps usage this year is probably more a reflection of the qb limitations than anything else. In terms of his skill set on display.

Heck smart move on Fitz's part for understanding his limitations, weak arm not that accurate so let throw to some wrs with huge catch radius in DVP and Pwill to erase the bad ball placement and lets turn the go routes into jump ball situations cause I don't have enough arm strength to get it there.

I still remember when he signed as rookie, him talking about how he had to save/invest that first contract, and the spending would come if he got a big 2nd contract.

Might be time for the 85" TV and $10k gaming pc, but i suspect he will still do the right thing with this money if he was smart enough to do it with the first one.

I don't think he's done enough to earn that contract. He's had some good games but he has yet to put together a complete season. I'm hopeful things change with this new coaching staff. The talent is there but he hasn't even had 1,000 yard season and has been way too inconsistent.

We save $8 mill by cutting Wilson.
We also have an out on Grant 2021.
Good move given it’s essentially a 2 year deal on the ownership side.
I would say he ranks in the 25-35 in WR rankings with room for upside. Money allocation seems OK.

Guess we’re betting that this is the “new” DVP standard.

Hope he stays with it. Happy for his turnaround.

Definitely think our WR room still needs something.

This shows that Parker truly is a Miami guy. Obviously underwhelmed prior to this season but if he were cut or lost to FA, you know a team like NE would've picked him up and I'm sure he knew that too. But he was loyal, showing signs of proving his ability so we showed loyalty back. Him and Preston are going to be a good tandem.

Henry ruggs would be a hell of a piece in this wr unit.

But he will likely be gone by the time miami invest in it.

I’d dump jakeem and Wilson and add a wr piece with a top 50 pick. Something with some juice
Would be one nice looking wr corps with Ruggs' speed in there. I'm okay with moving on from Wilson and/or Grant. WIlson just doesnt seem the same speed he was, and Grant is nothing more than a 4th wr, gadget player. meh. I'd love to add a young wr with some juice

Back
Top Bottom