Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension

If he can stay on the field is should work out hopefully, of course you could say that about a lot of potentially talented players...

True, but I wouldn't be surprised if DVP asks to restructure next year even, DVP has been dominant despite being at the bottom of the league in catchable targets.

True, but I wouldn't be surprised if DVP asks to restructure next year even, DVP has been dominant despite being at the bottom of the league in catchable targets.

Well if he does you tell him no. See ya in at least 2 years boss

you took the bird in hand now you gonna play on it

if he does it would be a unique scenario, still it would allows us to trade him for serious value.

Parker doesn’t really give off that vibe as a “me” player. He seems like he genuinely loves Miami and is grateful for his new life here. Need more players like that. My buddy that is from Louisville, his brother in law coached basketball when Devante was in HS. Said he was always a soft spoken guy.

$4.4 mil team option which they obviously would have picked up is what it would have cost to retain him for 2020.

Well if he does you tell him no. See ya in at least 2 years boss

you took the bird in hand now you gonna play on it

I think Parker and the Fins see this as a prove it situation they're just rewarding him for his play this season, Parker will have all the leverage if he gets 1500 yards next year that contract is a joke for a producing WR in today's NFL.

I think Parker and the Fins see this as a prove it situation they're just rewarding him for his play this season, Parker will have all the leverage if he gets 1500 yards next year that contract is a joke for a producing WR in today's NFL.

I mean if he turns into a top 5 wr yeah but that’s gonna take more than climb the ladder and quick slants.

Become top 5 and yeah we can talk. Outside of that next 2 years you playing for what you signed lol

One thing that has impressed me more than anything else about Parker this year...

As he'd come off the field, he'd walk off with Preston. Then they'd sit together and debrief. It was at that point that I said... "self... he's figured it out, and now he's mentoring."

He has come on. Just worried about his ability to stay healthy and produce these numbers over a full 16 games. Since hes never done it.

This contract is alittle too much for my liking.

This is 100% bound to happen. The Rose colored glasses some wear here because someone plays good for a few games is kind of wild. DVP has been playing well recently but not even close to that kind of extension.
Not leaving a lot of room for there for error.

Seems like a fair contract for both sides.

Nice to see Miami’s front office is starting to retain talented players with extensions as opposed to getting rid of players still in their prime as if they were allergic to talent.

Back
Top Bottom