Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension

Congratulations DeVante!!! You showed your wears this year. You put the controversial coach, in Gase behind you, manned up and balled out. Just go out and play your game young man. Never let anyone tell you anything less than you know you are. Good Luck and keep up the good work. I'm very happy for you!!

Last edited:
That isn't top WR money.

He signed for less than what the highest paid WRs make and he signed it in private and with very little drama. I'm impressed with Parker and with the Front Office.

Any of you who have anything but a slot WR in your mock drafts... revise them.

I like the player but I think we should have made him prove it another year considering we controlled him cheap for 2020.

think we could have done this in season 2020 just the same.

he obviously wants to be here

Other side of coin, a risk one way or other I suppose, I lean to have waited also but..

Other side of coin, a risk one way or other I suppose, I lean to have waited also but..

of course he’s gonna say that. Lol

given the money I think he took the bird in hand. Usually when guys don’t bet on themselves you know why. At least dvp was a plus grade player in 2019. None of the others we controlled and extended are.

im still waiting to see that consistent aj green like route runner and route versatility

What a difference a season makes in fans' opinions of a player. I think the forums would have been burnt to the ground if they offered him this last offseason.

So I have only been able to watch a few games this year. I've seen his stat line improve. Heck, in our fantasy league he is #21 WR overall, (#7 the last 4 weeks). Currently sitting at 882 yds and 6 TDs with a few more games to play potentially, operating in an offense with a shaky O-Line and Fitz. From the stats, it looks like he has finally put together a solid season for most of the year. He has had season bests in YDs and TDs. But how has he looked? Much improved? Like a #1?

I ask with genuiness too. I just haven't gotten to see him much. Part of me sees that contract and think, WHAT? Guy has never caught more than 800 yds and never had more than 4 TDs. Heck, last two seasons he had 1 TD in each. He has been strong this season, so now we are doubling his pay, bumping him to $10 mil a year?

I am ALL FOR DVP being a stud, as in, I want him to succeed here and I hope this is the big turn around for him. But help me out fellas. This a good move based on what you've seen this year?

I am loving these preemptive signings at below market rate.

One piece after another... signed to long term contracts... and pieces of the puzzle nailed down tight. We have a lot of money under the cap and it really needs to be spent so we don't get stuck with a money bomb later on as all of our players come due at once (Like Dallas). Sometimes signing a couple of really good (rather than great) WR and a 5th starting linemen pays more benefits than one head case mega-whore.

Team before individual players... even when they are stars.

Back
Top Bottom