Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension

The Parker extension makes you wonder about Albert Wilson's and Jakeem Grant's status after this season is over. Both players have cuttable contracts after the 2019 season ends.

What a difference a season makes in fans' opinions of a player. I think the forums would have been burnt to the ground if they offered him this last offseason.

So I have only been able to watch a few games this year. I've seen his stat line improve. Heck, in our fantasy league he is #21 WR overall, (#7 the last 4 weeks). Currently sitting at 882 yds and 6 TDs with a few more games to play potentially, operating in an offense with a shaky O-Line and Fitz. From the stats, it looks like he has finally put together a solid season for most of the year. He has had season bests in YDs and TDs. But how has he looked? Much improved? Like a #1?

I ask with genuiness too. I just haven't gotten to see him much. Part of me sees that contract and think, WHAT? Guy has never caught more than 800 yds and never had more than 4 TDs. Heck, last two seasons he had 1 TD in each. He has been strong this season, so now we are doubling his pay, bumping him to $10 mil a year?

I am ALL FOR DVP being a stud, as in, I want him to succeed here and I hope this is the big turn around for him. But help me out fellas. This a good move based on what you've seen this year?

His catch radius has truly been outstanding. He's come up with almost every single one of the 50/50 balls he was thrown.

The Parker extension makes you wonder about Albert Wilson's and Jakeem Grant's status after this season is over. Both players have cuttable contracts after the 2019 season ends.

Wilson is dead where he stands. He makes WAAAY too much money for a 4th WR and that's all he can be for us.... we are going big-slot with Hurns.

Grant... Grant isn't really a WR. If his pay makes sense for an excellent return man, he'll be maintained.

Finally proved himself with great coaching.

He was always playing well, he just couldn’t stay on the field. Hopefully this year wasn’t a fluke not het regard.

He does seem much more mature this year though.

Idk but I can’t help feeling like we’ll be fleeced once again, hope not
This is 100% bound to happen. The Rose colored glasses some wear here because someone plays good for a few games is kind of wild. DVP has been playing well recently but not even close to that kind of extension.

I actually like Wilson more than jakeem but they are both easily replaceable for their roles and having 2 big boundary WRs as starters which I’m sure is the 2020 plan.

I actually like Wilson more than jakeem but they are both easily replaceable for their roles and having 2 big boundary WRs as starters which I’m sure is the 2020 plan.

...and a big slot in Hurns, who was just extended.

We'll need a small guy, but he'll be gadget only. A 4th or 5th round pick can secure a small quick WR... and that guy plays for league minimum. (more or less)

Back
Top Bottom