Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension

What a difference a season makes in fans' opinions of a player. I think the forums would have been burnt to the ground if they offered him this last offseason.

So I have only been able to watch a few games this year. I've seen his stat line improve. Heck, in our fantasy league he is #21 WR overall, (#7 the last 4 weeks). Currently sitting at 882 yds and 6 TDs with a few more games to play potentially, operating in an offense with a shaky O-Line and Fitz. From the stats, it looks like he has finally put together a solid season for most of the year. He has had season bests in YDs and TDs. But how has he looked? Much improved? Like a #1?

I ask with genuiness too. I just haven't gotten to see him much. Part of me sees that contract and think, WHAT? Guy has never caught more than 800 yds and never had more than 4 TDs. Heck, last two seasons he had 1 TD in each. He has been strong this season, so now we are doubling his pay, bumping him to $10 mil a year?

I am ALL FOR DVP being a stud, as in, I want him to succeed here and I hope this is the big turn around for him. But help me out fellas. This a good move based on what you've seen this year?
Night and day, I would swear he was abducted and replace with another player. He's fighting for the ball and winning on contested catches, he's getting open and he has some amazing acrobatic catches, frankly, he's been a highlight reel lately. He's the player we all hoped he would be 4 years ago, just took some time and the right coaches I guess.

Penny for godchauxs thoughts
Average, solid rotational player, not a game-changer. I can't say I'm not a bit disappointed based on how well he played last year. He seems to have taken a step back whether it's a lack of effort or the fact the D is less talented as a whole and therefore minimizes his overall impact. I can't quite put my finger on it. I was looking for him to take a big step forward this year.

Would be one nice looking wr corps with Ruggs' speed in there. I'm okay with moving on from Wilson and/or Grant. WIlson just doesnt seem the same speed he was, and Grant is nothing more than a 4th wr, gadget player. meh. I'd love to add a young wr with some juice
Wilson seems to have progressed slightly in each game. I give him another year to see if he is able to recover his old form. Grant's best days are behind him if he ever really had any. He's one big hit from being out of the NFL, to small and he's not an exceptional leaper limiting his catch radius...

Henry ruggs would be a hell of a piece in this wr unit.

But he will likely be gone by the time miami invest in it.

I’d dump jakeem and Wilson and add a wr piece with a top 50 pick. Something with some juice
I love ruggs too.
But curious as you give crap immediately to the fins saying we would invest too late.
Where do you say he goes. You know if Miami doesn't bite too late?

Landry had two problems: size and personality.

I'm wondering how much of Cleveland's problem is that they have two selfish primadonnas as receivers. That has to take a toll in the clubhouse.
Lol. I can't stay away. This is frickin hilar. So you seriously believe the problem is players over kitchens??? Seriously???

Lol. I can't stay away. This is frickin hilar. So you seriously believe the problem is players over kitchens??? Seriously???

Introduce enough poison into the locker room and things go South, and both Landry and OBJ are about as selfish as it is possible to be. Me-first, money-grubbing, look at me, look at me, morale killing players.

So yes, I think they are part of the problem.

Introduce enough poison into the locker room and things go South, and both Landry and OBJ are about as selfish as it is possible to be. Me-first, money-grubbing, look at me, look at me, morale killing players.

So yes, I think they are part of the problem.
So just to be clear. The poison in the Cleveland locker room isn't kitchens. It's the two wrs. Just to be clear.

So just to be clear. The poison in the Cleveland locker room isn't kitchens. It's the two wrs. Just to be clear.

What I said was 'part of the problem', bringing in selfish players always leads to this. There is no place for primadonnas in a foxhole. Shoot them, and then look for men of better character. Talent IS important, but all the talent in the world in a lousy person is NOT the way to go.

What I said was 'part of the problem', bringing in selfish players always leads to this. There is no place for primadonnas in a foxhole. Shoot them, and then look for men of better character. Talent IS important, but all the talent in the world in a lousy person is NOT the way to go.
I'm not arguing investing in a lousy person is the way to go.
Honestly fever I feel like you are all over the place. Some times I agree, some times not and other I'm like where the he'll did that come from. But f it at least your opins are readable.

I'm open minded and can admit when I've been wrong... so I enjoy kicking these things around.

Also, I'm open to Nuance. It Kitchens part of the problem? Yup. But is part of the problem that he can't handle the selfish ****** that he's got on his team. Also... yes.

Honest sidenote question.. do you this coaching staff would have had an impact on Dion Jordan if they were here after Joe P?

The only prob in Cleveland right now is kitchens. He is the problem. Thank God we didn't hire him.

I love ruggs too.
But curious as you give crap immediately to the fins saying we would invest too late.
Where do you say he goes. You know if Miami doesn't bite too late?

Top 15 maybe higher once he runs sub 4.3

Back
Top Bottom