Dolphins Are Signing Former Cardinals’ First-round Pick Robert Nkemdiche | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Are Signing Former Cardinals’ First-round Pick Robert Nkemdiche

We all are in agreement that this year is pretty much a wash

All of us do not agree with that statement...

th

th

If he plays well and signs elsewhere the Phins still make out with a compensatory pick. There's no real downside unless you think he will have a negative effect because of his attitude or behavior or by taking playing time. And if Flores and this staff really thought there was a whole bunch of untapped potential in this defensive line rotation they would have stayed away.

This is the Patriot blueprint. I doubt he gets much more than a few weeks to prove himself.....hes either going to make a significant contribution or hes going to get cut.

I think that is overstating the “Pats blueprint” but I get what you are trying to say.

In regards to comp picks, The Pats roll the dice on proven players that are cut, give them short term deals and allow the contract to expire, and those players tend to add on to a growing list of expiring deals and they accumulate a boatload of picks. That is their blueprint.

This compares more to the Josh Gordon acquisition (where comp picks weren’t a factor, the talent was), however Gordon at least flashed and produced top 3 WR potential when healthy for like 2 seasons.

RN is a weirdo who can’t stay healthy and has never produced much of anything in 3 years . . . And our potential FA list in 2020 is an eyesore. There is nobody major pending so don’t expect a comp pick, even if RN qualified us for 1 (unless we just don’t sign a factored FA in 2020).

All of us do not agree with that statement...

th

th

Lol I'll edit

Apparently unable to edit old comments? That's really odd.

Well in any case, I'll say I think that *most* feel this year is a wash (by that I mean, a trial year with no shot at contention barring an all-pro emerging at the QB position)

***BREAKING NEWS***

In a strange story coming out of Davie, FL - Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche was found by staff members asleep in the trunk of a car that was somehow on top of the roof of Dolphins Headquarters. According to head coach Brian Flores, no details on exactly how this happened have been attained in the early stages of this development, but coaches feel he will be ready to play Week 1. A spokesperson for the Broward County Sherriff's Office said the department is still investigating this bizarre matter and will update as further details emerge.

What the **** kind of story is this?

What up w him? Was he hurt or something like that.give him a chance anything possible

It's another great risk/reward signing for the Dolphins guys.

He's one of the strangest and most bizarre kids I've ever seen come through the SEC. But he's an absolute physical freak show. Literally has the talent to be a bigger Aaron Donald if there was any way to harness his focus and desire. Direct it towards football.

Anybody that can fall from a 4 story window of a hotel and jump right up dust themselves on and continue drinking can have a shot to play for me. Just sign right here Mr. Nkemdiche...

I think that is overstating the “Pats blueprint” but I get what you are trying to say.

In regards to comp picks, The Pats roll the dice on proven players that are cut, give them short term deals and allow the contract to expire, and those players tend to add on to a growing list of expiring deals and they accumulate a boatload of picks. That is their blueprint.

This compares more to the Josh Gordon acquisition (where comp picks weren’t a factor, the talent was), however Gordon at least flashed and produced top 3 WR potential when healthy for like 2 seasons.

RN is a weirdo who can’t stay healthy and has never produced much of anything in 3 years . . . And our potential FA list in 2020 is an eyesore. There is nobody major pending so don’t expect a comp pick, even if RN qualified us for 1 (unless we just don’t sign a factored FA in 2020).

The easiest comparison is Trent Brown who they picked up for nothing, plugged in as a starter, and let walk after he was offered a hefty deal.

The Phins are going to have so much money to spend that if he does turn it around and perform to his potential I'm sure they'd pay him. Whatever the case I don't see what the downside is so long as they are decisive. If he can't win a starting gig he shouldn't be on this roster.

Back
Top Bottom