Dolphins are signing veteran OL D.J. Fluker | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins are signing veteran OL D.J. Fluker

Another huge road grader OL. I love the signing. Maybe Jesse Davis moves to Center?

btw my opinion on our OL is more and more that we will be a strong zone scheme on most our run plays.
View attachment 74325
As much as I would love to see us go zone scheme, I don’t think our line really suggests that. Not many fleet of foot among our current offensive line

As much as I would love to see us go zone scheme, I don’t think our line really suggests that. Not many fleet of foot among our current offensive line
I don't really see zone scheme either. Usually you go lighter, quicker and more agile. Our line looks nothing like when we ran zone.
I'm hoping we are moving to more RPO.

I see these "1 year prove it" deals not only as depth or hole filling, but insurance that we have an option at some weaker positions in case the player & position we want to draft for is not available. I feel this is a long term strategy that we will continue to see with the current FO.

If another player at another, more desirable, "position of need" becomes available at our draft spot, then we are also in a position to move in on them instead of our original projected player. This is because of the FA's we just hired, who will be able to provide a little more capability at some of our weaker positions is in place, if we don't use a higher level draft pick for one of those positions.

This is why I like the idea of picking up some basic FA's at the lowest cost possible.

In the end we will have 53 players and a practice squad that should not be so dependent on a single player to win if an injury or two will knock us out of the game.

Adding Fluker won't change one bit of what we do in the draft..he'll be lucky to make the team, tbh.

Sure it does, it buys the team 1 more year to see if Hunt is a RT or a RG. DJ is already better than Flowers, and the line is immediately better with him at RG. If Hunt can't hold down RT, then DJ can slide out there, and they can address the position next year.

I don't really see zone scheme either. Usually you go lighter, quicker and more agile. Our line looks nothing like when we ran zone.
I'm hoping we are moving to more RPO.
Matt Breida’s sad reps last year exposed just how bad this line was at outside zone, death sentence for him

Sure it does, it buys the team 1 more year to see if Hunt is a RT or a RG. DJ is already better than Flowers, and the line is immediately better with him at RG. If Hunt can't hold down RT, then DJ can slide out there, and they can address the position next year.
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom