"Dolphins attempted WR trade" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins attempted WR trade"

spiketex

Aussie with the swag of El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
On Sirius Radio a Miami fan called in to express his concern about the lack of a big WR and that Ted Ginn Jnr isn't the answer. Gil Brandt took the call and responded that Ted appears to be improving but also made an interesting comment that "he heard that Miami attempted a trade for a big time WR in the offseason".
While there was plenty of speculation on here that we should go after Anquan Bolden or Houshmanzadah or Marshall, this was the first that I had heard that an actual trade was attempted. Has this circulated previously? My hunch is that wanted Bolden....

well I wont call Ginn a bust but he is a #3 wr not a 1 or 2 .

If your putting him at two or three, then he is a bust, anybody drafted in the first round is expected to be #1 at their position. Granted they get time to get there, but their supposed to get there.

yatil green, is what i would categorize as a "bust" or what the hell is the LB, we drafted in the second round under dave!, thats what u call a bust! by your logic your saying ginn is in that category of players! and i don't think that makes sense!

yatil green, is what i would categorize as a "bust" or what the hell is the LB, we drafted in the second round under dave!, thats what u call a bust! by your logic your saying ginn is in that category of players! and i don't think that makes sense!
Eddie bleeping Moore

Yatil is not a bust he never got on the field.
He didnt go out and not make plays..
Charles Rogers is a bust Mike Williams is a bust Yatil is a kid who never got the chance to prove himself due to injuries.
And Ginn is at least a #2 i think he has proved that

Charles Rogers is a bust Mike Williams is a bust Yatil is a kid who never got the chance to prove himself due to injuries.

i agree, but technically yatil did get on the field, i remember a few attempt bombs in his direction. of all the UM receivers we drafted the one with busted knees! My dolphins always a show!

Yatil Green did not make it due to injuries. So his situation is in no way the same as Ginn, Allen or Moore.

Ted Ginn was the 9th pick in the draft. he should be a "impact" player and he still is not coming close to that. He has yet to make one big catch or one big play as a WR. His YAC is almost zero. Any impact WR being thrown to by any QB after 2-3 years should have at least some big plays.

Yatil Green did not make it due to injuries. So his situation is in no way the same as Ginn, Allen or Moore.

Ted Ginn was the 9th pick in the draft. he should be a "impact" player and he still is not coming close to that. He has yet to make one big catch or one big play as a WR. His YAC is almost zero. Any impact WR being thrown to by any QB after 2-3 years should have at least some big plays.

i understand he is disappointing! but thats not what u consider a bust!! come on! every player in the 10 ten that doesn't live up to their draft position is a bust? of course not! that silly! maybe under-producer etc... bust means they contribute nothing!! IMO

In all honesty people need to start judging him based on performance and not his position in the draft. Where he was drafted rests on no one except Cam and Randy Mueller. They are gone now. The one player everyone wanted in his place has struggled even more. Using his draft status to judge him and at this point in time its completely irrelevant.

Ginn has proved over 34 games he will get you 4 catches and 39 yards per game average...if your satisfied with that production then :woot:

In all honesty people need to start judging him based on performance and not his position in the draft. Where he was drafted rests on no one except Cam and Randy Mueller. They are gone now. The one player everyone wanted in his place has struggled even more. Using his draft status to judge him and at this point in time its completely irrelevant.

I have said from the beggining that I never liked the Ginn pick where we picked. I also have let that go. But you also have to realize that we are paying him big #9 type money for him to take 3 years to even start up. That shouldnt be. He should have at least broken 1000 last year or come close.

Right now, he is doing good. Just keep his *** off KO returns. He needs to make big plays but he is slowly coming along getting the reps and #'s.

I expect a big game vs. Buffalo.

It was probably Boldin. The Boldin to Miami rumors were so strong (and Rosenhaus was definitely fueling them), and where there's smoke, there's fire. But I bet the FO and the Cards were so far apart on the deal there was no way it was going to get done.

If your putting him at two or three, then he is a bust, anybody drafted in the first round is expected to be #1 at their position. Granted they get time to get there, but their supposed to get there.

Ginn would be a quality #2 WR and be productive, I wouldnt call that a bust. Ginn did not have any control on when he was drafted.

Back
Top Bottom