"Dolphins attempted WR trade" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins attempted WR trade"

I have said from the beggining that I never liked the Ginn pick where we picked. I also have let that go. But you also have to realize that we are paying him big #9 type money for him to take 3 years to even start up. That shouldnt be. He should have at least broken 1000 last year or come close.

Right now, he is doing good. Just keep his *** off KO returns. He needs to make big plays but he is slowly coming along getting the reps and #'s.

I expect a big game vs. Buffalo.

Lol, I don't think anyone liked the spot he was picked sides maybe his agent. My Point is I hear people say things on the order of "he's not playing like a "9th overall pick get rid of him". Where he was drafted three years ago should have no bearing on whether you play him, or cut him. Right now, like it or not hes our best deep threat. Right now he is running much better routes and keeping drives alive. :thanks:

I have said from the beggining that I never liked the Ginn pick where we picked. I also have let that go. But you also have to realize that we are paying him big #9 type money for him to take 3 years to even start up. That shouldnt be. He should have at least broken 1000 last year or come close.

Right now, he is doing good. Just keep his *** off KO returns. He needs to make big plays but he is slowly coming along getting the reps and #'s.

I expect a big game vs. Buffalo.
At the start of the 2008 season, Ted Ginn's total salary placed him 36th ($3,424,680) amongst all NFL WRs and his cap number placed him 49th ($2,341,086). Also, at the start of training camp this year, Ginn was the third highest paid WR on the team behind Wilford and Camarillo.

As for Ginn breaking 1000 yards or even coming close to it, I somewhat agree with that because he came 210 yards short of that mark. Ginn needs to improve his running after the catch ability and he needs the QB to be less conservative.

well I wont call Ginn a bust but he is a #3 wr not a 1 or 2 .

He could be a good #2 with a little work. His speed awards him that. But I don't see him ever being a 1 at any time in his career.

Although I think he could be serviceable I still would rather we trade him. I just don't like soft football players. Ginn is Downy soft.

Ginn has proved over 34 games he will get you 4 catches and 39 yards per game average...if your satisfied with that production then :woot:

Wow if your really counting his rookie year where he had Green Lemon and Beck thats just unfair.
We all know he should not of been selected number 9. He is a number 2 playing number 1 on a non pass happy team.
I would love for him to of made that catch and shut some people up for a minute but he didnt.
That doesnt make him a number 3 though

It's really hard for me to make a complete and accurate judgment at this point as we have yet to see him able to utilize his greatest talent: his speed. Until we have a QB that can hit him in stride, we won't have the whole picture.

That being said, the most troubling stat, imo, is his abysmal 3.7 career YAC....0.5 this year! I can't think of a WR I've seen before who is as afraid to take a hit.

He's defiantly not a #3. In a perfect world I would see him as our #2 opposite a strong #1 with Bess, or Cam in the Slot at #3

in a perfect world he is number 2 with boldin on the other side, and bess in the slot

Ginn will never have the yac that we all want to see as long as Pennington is QB. That's a fact. In fairness to Ginn, who has he had to learn from? We had no veteran receivers to teach him route running etc. We drafted a speed receiver that was a raw route runner. I think when Henne takes over the reigns we will see a different receiver. (Desean Jackson)

I wouldn't call Ginn a bust, but I wouldn't call him good either.

Too bad it's not a pre-requisite of being a bust that you have to have actually been considered by more than the guy that drafted you as having the potential to be worth your draft position. None of the analysts or scouts though Ginn was worth being picked that high, and he has proven to not be worth his draft position.

Still, Ginn is a somewhat effective receiver who is just never going to be a go-to guy. This franchise is always going to have a weakness with Ginn being their "top" receiver. And if I were to really consider him being a bust, I would have had to think he could have been better than what he is now, which I never did. It's just unfortunate that Cam did.

Hey isn't the trade deadline not over til week 6? I'm sorry Ginn needs to GTFO of Miami. Football is about contact not ***** *** aligator arms and running out of bounds everytime you catch any kinda pass.

When are people going to learn that because Chad's arm is limited it therefore makes Ginn's impact that less significant? Ginn is a speedster. He isn't going to outmuscle anyone or run anyone over. But people continue to talk chit about him like he's supposed to be this bulldozer out there. He can beat people with his speed, and Miami is unable to take advantage of his speed down the field with Pennington. PERIOD

If your putting him at two or three, then he is a bust, anybody drafted in the first round is expected to be #1 at their position. Granted they get time to get there, but their supposed to get there.

Well then he is a semi-bust :crazy:

When are people going to learn that because Chad's arm is limited it therefore makes Ginn's impact that less significant? Ginn is a speedster. He isn't going to outmuscle anyone or run anyone over. But people continue to talk chit about him like he's supposed to be this bulldozer out there. He can beat people with his speed, and Miami is unable to take advantage of his speed down the field with Pennington. PERIOD

Exactly!! He is a burner not a mack truck.

Really? REALLY? You saw the game Monday night right? GINN WAS OPEN 30 + yards downfield on TWO DROPPED TD PASSES. Don't blame Ginn's inadequacies on Pennington.

Of course he's a speedster, he better have some damn good speed to play WR in the NFL but speed does not make a football player. Eventually when Henne or someone with a livelier arm is running the show I want to see what the Ginn apologists have to say, that is if he'll still be here that long.

Back
Top Bottom