"Dolphins attempted WR trade" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins attempted WR trade"

Ginn would be better if we had a big time WR opposite him.
Time will tell

Frankly I don't care where he was drafted because at the time he was a picked a bunch of retards where in charge of FO and personnel decisions. It's not his fault where he was drafted. I don't want Ginn to bulldoze defenders I just don't want him to catch a 5 yard out pattern and not immediately go out of bounds. Chris stone hand Chambers might not have had his speed but if you remember his stint in Miami or shoot even Bess' last year when they got the ball THEY TURNED UPFIELD FOR MORE. In this league you can't survive off that type of production for long. Even when Ginn goes over the middle if you notice when defenders are sometimes 5-10 (more than enough room for an athlete like Ginn to make a move for a couple more yards) yards away from him at the point of his catch he'll just fall down... Come on... don't tell me you want to see that.

I've never come on and said he was a great receiver or even that he would be my receiver of choice. I also don't agree with the people who want to cut him due to him not living up to the pedigree of a 9th over all pick. Right now hes our only true deep threat. He would make a very good # 2 receiver. A #3 or Slot receiver is much better suited for the likes of Bess and Camarillo.

I would expect that if he doesn't prove he is a true #1 receiver by the end of the year then that will once again remain a priority for us in next years draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginn would really benefit from a true #1 on the opposite side of the formation. Too bad Chambers didn't stick around longer to tutor him.

I just have one question for LandShark13. Why would you ever choose that as a name? The stadium will be re named something else after this year. Hopefully they will keep it Dolphin Stadium this time. I refuse to support the decision to name this stadium LandShark Stadium. And I also think that the fact that the Dolphins endzone tag isn't there anymore but instead has the Hurricanes MIAMI logo had a factor in the outcome of the game. Superstition....

Ginn would really benefit from a true #1 on the opposite side of the formation. Too bad Chambers didn't stick around longer to tutor him.

Chambers wasn't good. His catch %'s were absolutely atrocious. He was at the bottom of the league every year in catch %. We just pumped the ball to him so his raw totals looked solid.

Ginn oozes speed and makes me people think hes better he really is. reminds of Alvin Harper during the Cowpokes years. Tampa became so enamer with his speed they gave him a fat contract and told him to be the no.1 stud; didn't happen.

This team needs a true big stud No.1 wideout ala Micheal Irvin minius the baggage.
Ginn simply isn't it.

Ginn has proved over 34 games he will get you 4 catches and 39 yards per game average...if your satisfied with that production then :woot:

That's not completely accurate. What you did was take his entire three year career and just average it out. Not only are you factoring his rookie season under Carmoron. But your failing to take into account that same year we had one of if not the worst quarterback play in club history. What it also fails to take into account is he is on the early part of a steep learning curve in which he has gotten better each and every year.

I could just as easily use your formula and "Project" where he will be in say 5 years but we both know that too would be wrong. just for FUN here is his projected stats in 2015.

Year....G....Rec....Yrds...TDs...Yds/G

As you can see trying to apply some linear formula to project or average what a Human being is going to do throughout the remainder of a career is quite pointless.

I just have one question for LandShark13. Why would you ever choose that as a name? The stadium will be re named something else after this year. Hopefully they will keep it Dolphin Stadium this time. I refuse to support the decision to name this stadium LandShark Stadium. And I also think that the fact that the Dolphins endzone tag isn't there anymore but instead has the Hurricanes MIAMI logo had a factor in the outcome of the game. Superstition....

:lol2: Great question. Especially since I can vividly remember the architectural model of Joe Robbie stadium years before it was ever build. Also The stadium will always be known to me as "JRS" Or Joe Robbie Stadium. So why LandShark? Mainly just cause I got tired or coming up with names that were already taken :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I could just as easily as you why Cleo Lemon? when this team has had so many better QBs throughout its history, if you tell me you are Cleo then I take it all back!

I don't feel like I got the credit I deserve. I mean, I did throw one very nice game winning pass to Greg. People get so worked up about someone dropping one pass in one game, so my game winning pass has to be etched in Dolphins history. Top 25.....

My problem with Ginn is he doesn't seem to have that extra gear or sense of urgency that you want to see out of your "stars" when the game is on the line. Some guys channel the nervous energy and perform at a higher level: Tiger Woods, and some guys get flustered and lose control: Sergio Garcia.

Ginn hasn't been tested enough in this type of situation to say one way or the other but Monday night was a mini test and he certainly didn't rise to that next level during that 2 minute drill.

Back
Top Bottom