Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport

A lot fans on here dont want be real.
Many of us, including myself, are guilty of that at times. We dig in on something, and ignore what we don't want to see.

Of course some can't be reasoned with, even in the face if overwhelming evidence.

If TRENT GREEN can win a SB then you better believe Tua can get it done. Relax and give the guy a chance playing for a coach who actually likes him instead of sabotaging him at every turn.
Since Trent Green never won a SB, I hope that doesn’t mean Tua never will either.

(I know you meant Trent Dilfer)

Multiple people have already told you that the Fins keep multiple blockers back on top of the OL even when they are not getting blitzed... If you dont understand how thats a problem or how it relates to the tweet you just posted, or have no intention to go look it up for yourself, its a you problem.
I've tried to have that conversation multiple times. You can only lead a horse to water.

Multiple people have already told you that the Fins keep multiple blockers back on top of the OL even when they are not getting blitzed... If you dont understand how thats a problem or how it relates to the tweet you just posted, or have no intention to go look it up for yourself, its a you problem.
It was mentally draining to see us use 7 blockers to stop 4 rushers against the Titans...

Simple math says that means you have 3 people who are possible targets, being covered by 7 people (i.e. everybody double-covered +1). Even IF they stop the pressure (which they didn't very much), you're behind the 8-ball from the jump.

That was, IMO, the single worst game I've seen this team play in a long while...Tua included...easily his worst game, to me. But the whole team sucked, so there's that.

When was the last time a hurricane QB made it to the NFL?
That's the point. They don't get drafted, because the havent been very good. Their shortcomings arent hidden by playing on a team full of 1st round draft picks and 5 star recruits......... Like Bama and OSU. Are you grasping the point I'm trying to convey?

Let's see if they actually build around him...at this point they'd need to fix the OL to somewhere near average, at least...get an average production out of their running game...and pick up another 1 or 2 reliable, NFL starter level receivers. The team hasn't been able to fix those problems in many years...pretty hard ask to get it done in one off-season...unless you get the right HC that can bring in an excellent staff, which I still don't believe Ross can do.

Either way...2022 is Tua's put up or shut up year. He showed some things in the last 4 or 5 games that hurt his stock IMO. If he repeated his 2021 with improved surroundings, I'd say move on, and trade-up in the 2023 draft (if needed) to get a top QB prospect...preferably somebody who can throw well on the run, w/o a significant injury history.

Making the playoffs is NOT the standard I want. Anybody see Vegas, Dallas and Shittsburgh this weekend? And the Patriots (LOLOLOLOL)? Crept into the playoffs, or won a weak division, and immediately got curb-stomped. We've had that in the past, and it sucks worse than NOT making the playoffs.

That would be OK for next year, but that won't cut it long term.

That's the point. They don't get drafted, because the havent been very good. Their shortcomings arent hidden by playing on a team full of 1st round draft picks and 5 star recruits......... Like Bama and OSU. Are you grasping the point I'm trying to convey?
I know....

Whether or not Tua works out to be a franchise QB doesn’t really matter this off-season. To me there are 4 moves the Dolphins could possibly make this off-season related to the QB situation and I don’t see three of them likely.

1. Get Aaron Rodgers. Why would he want to come here?
2. Get Russell Wilson. Same question.
3. Give up the farm to trade for Watson. Does he still want to come? Could we still field a competitive team if we gave up what it would take to land him and chewed up so much cap space on him?
4. Give Tua another year. If it doesn’t work out, use your two picks in 2023 to trade up for Stroud or Bryce Young.

So, go with 4 and give Tua some protection and weapons. If he’s not the guy, you have a good situation for a new QB to come into in 2023.

Let's see if they actually build around him...at this point they'd need to fix the OL to somewhere near average, at least...get an average production out of their running game...and pick up another 1 or 2 reliable, NFL starter level receivers. The team hasn't been able to fix those problems in many years...pretty hard ask to get it done in one off-season...unless you get the right HC that can bring in an excellent staff, which I still don't believe Ross can do.

Either way...2022 is Tua's put up or shut up year. He showed some things in the last 4 or 5 games that hurt his stock IMO. If he repeated his 2021 with improved surroundings, I'd say move on, and trade-up in the 2023 draft (if needed) to get a top QB prospect...preferably somebody who can throw well on the run, w/o a significant injury history.

Making the playoffs is NOT the standard I want. Anybody see Vegas, Dallas and ****tsburgh this weekend? And the Patriots (LOLOLOLOL)? Crept into the playoffs, or won a weak division, and immediately got curb-stomped. We've had that in the past, and it sucks worse than NOT making the playoffs.

That would be OK for next year, but that won't cut it long term.
So then why give Tua another season?

Even if you fix the offensive line, find the great coach, get a running game, keep the defense as good or better, ect...All those things hitting I got to say pretty unlikely, but even if they do, didn't you just create the 2021 Patriots? Haven't they wasted enough years of your life? Unless you think Tua is significantly better than Mac Jones. I don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom