Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport

You don't EVER force a player on a new head coach. That's HIS job to decide who he wants. There will be coaching candidates who will say no thank you to the Dolphins job because they're forced to have Tua as their QB.
Not only is that pure speculation, but it also ignores the reality that almost any HC opening is going to be with a team that is in a far worse situation overall than are the Dolphins.

You don't EVER force a player on a new head coach. That's HIS job to decide who he wants. There will be coaching candidates who will say no thank you to the Dolphins job because they're forced to have Tua as their QB.

Functional word there is "force." There can be no evidence either way until the new HC is named. It is realistic to say there will be candidates who will see QB as a lower priority than OL/RB/WR. In that case, it's the HC's decision to keep TT. Yes, we're all entitled to an opinion, but projections are very difficult. (No, you didn't make a projection)

Tua may never be Mahomes or Allen but if Garopollo can take his team to the playoffs, so can Tua.
Tua aint better than jimmy G ????.. Tua got proved to NFL world he real ..Tua skill set is TBD... I want see Tua do it first.than we can talk trash..

This is wrong. If people can’t realize Tua has physical limitations that limit his ceiling then it’s on them. The Dolphins absolutely need to draft another QB, preferably two of them. I’d look 2nd round this year and possibly 1st next year. I’d much rather go into next season with a rookie QB backing up then a vet like Brisket.
Deshaun Watson has a weaker arm than Tua, but by all means let us know the low ceiling on Tua.

Deshaun Watson has a weaker arm than Tua, but by all means let us know the low ceiling on Tua.
Blink 182 Reaction GIF

I’m starting to think that Tua fans are mostly Dolphin fans that only watch when the Dolphins are on. Don’t watch any other football.

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

I’m starting to think that Tua fans are mostly Dolphin fans that only watch when the Dolphins are on. Don’t watch any other football.

Watson: 45mph

Watson: 49mph

Here's one that shows that Tua is 53.5 and Watson is 54 through frame by frame analysis since Tua didn't throw at the combine, so not quite lower, but similar.

So, you're right in that Tua's arm isn't "stronger" since there was another article had Tua slightly higher and I don't feel like looking for that one (it's somewhere on this forum), but the truth is that Watson has one of the weakest arms of any starting QB in the league and it doesn't hinder him any.

Data... amirite? So pesky when narratives are at play.

Obviously there are ppl who believe Tua is better but beyond that, your argument is illogical on its face.

Regardless what someone thinks of either QB in the long term, it's pretty safe to say they will both likely be better in the future.

And yes, I understand you "don't get it".

Just because you don't get it, is no reason to bash the guy incessantly. Everyone knows where you stand on Tua.

Look, I have doubts too, but it's to the point that some, including yourself, have become so indignant about it that it's ridiculous.

If it is your goal to change "hearts and minds", you are going about it wrong.
Nothing is illogical about it.

If you fix the things around Tua as many point to and even improve the defense, find the great coaching. You're just the 2021 Patriots. That's a fine goal if you want to be competitive and get into the playoffs, however if your goal is to NOT "immediately got curb-stomped." I don't get it. That's the future IF everything goes right and then some. However, if you think Tua is much better than Mac Jones, then I can at least understand it.

The opportunity to acquire a top 10 QB and get value for Tua in a trade isn't something you'll necessarily have in 2023. Some of you act as if it's free to give Tua another season. It's really not. There's opportunity costs. Going into 2023 and needing to trade up with a team that might not be willing to (eg Burrow) is the same desperate position they've been in. Avoid that for once.

If you fix the things around Tua as many point to and even improve the defense, find the great coaching. You're just the 2021 Patriots. That's a fine goal if you want to be competitive and get into the playoffs, however if your goal is to NOT "immediately got curb-stomped." I don't get it. That's the future IF everything goes right and then some. However, if you think Tua is much better than Mac Jones, then I can at least understand it.

The opportunity to acquire a top 10 QB and get value for Tua in a trade isn't something you'll necessarily have in 2023. Some of you act as if it's free to give Tua another season. It's really not. There's opportunity costs. Going into 2023 and needing to trade up with a team that might not be willing to (eg Burrow) is the same desperate position they've been in. Avoid that for once.
For a prolific poster who averages about 56posts/per week it's ironic you are so concerned about "opportunity costs" of others

1642435953257.png

All those things need to be addressed regardless of who is behind center, if you want to field a good team.

If you think otherwise, I don't know what to tell you, because our basic philosophies are so different, there is not enough common ground for rational discussion.

Not to put words in your mouth, but you appear to believe that one player can cure all ills.

I don't believe that is true.

I also don't believe Tuas trade value has any bearing on anything.

All those things need to be addressed regardless of who is behind center, if you want to field a good team.

If you think otherwise, I don't know what to tell you, because our basic philosophies are so different, there is not enough common ground for rational discussion.

Not to put words in your mouth, but you appear to believe that one player can cure all ills.

I don't believe that is true.

I also don't believe Tuas trade value has any bearing on anything.
No. I agree. You still need to fix all those things.

However, what I'm saying is there is an opportunity cost to giving Tua another season, as well as his own declining trade value. If you don't think he's that top 5-10 QB then just rip the band-aid off now.

For a prolific poster who averages about 56posts/per week it's ironic you are so concerned about "opportunity costs" of others
Just pay extra if you are so concerned.

Just pay extra if you are so concerned.
If you can afford PFF which you are so fond of quoting, you should pay your own share instead of deadbeating off others support. But why would I pay for someone I'd rather see disappear?

Oh and I do pay "extra" already

If you can afford PFF which you are so fond of quoting, you should pay your own share instead of deadbeating off others support.
I already told you. You don't listen. I don't have PFF. Keep the discussion to on the field. Not personal attacks. That's a common theme on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom