Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport

I already told you. You don't listen. I don't have PFF. Keep the discussion to on the field. Not personal attacks. That's a common theme on this forum.
Noone is twisting your arm to stick around; you can go back to thephins anytime you want.

No. I agree. You still need to fix all those things.

However, what I'm saying is there is an opportunity cost to giving Tua another season, as well as his own declining trade value. If you don't think he's that top 5-10 QB then just rip the band-aid off now.

I'm with ya on opportunity costs. My perspective is there are opportunity costs with changing QBs this winter and opportunity costs with waiting til next year. The problem with fans is we confuse what we want with what is the better choice - mainly because fans don't know the 'opportunities.' What players were offered at what cost? what was the best offer for TT? What upgrades this year will be lost if Mia, for example, signs DW? How will Mia's W/L change if Mia trades for pick-a-name?

No one can answer any of those. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's a fan forum and we're all allowed opinions. I'm only pointing out there are unknowables and some act as if they know all the answers.

No. I agree. You still need to fix all those things.

However, what I'm saying is there is an opportunity cost to giving Tua another season, as well as his own declining trade value. If you don't think he's that top 5-10 QB then just rip the band-aid off now.
There isn't a QB available that I care to replace him with at the moment.

Even if there were, it isn't a sure thing, therefore you have to plan to play the hand you actually have.

You do realize, many ppl, including Grier and Ross apparently, aren't ready to throw in the towel on Tua yet?

Common theme on this forum is dolphin football...not Huston's sexual predator. You're wearing out your welcome.
My comments had nothing to do with Watson. You are kind of obsessed. :DWN:

Even if there were, it isn't a sure thing, therefore you have to plan to play the hand you actually have.

You do realize, many ppl, including Grier and Ross apparently, aren't ready to throw in the towel on Tua yet?
But if one of the rumored top QBs became available you would prefer them to Tua?

Grier and Ross aren't the measuring stick of good decision making.

What do you expect them to say at this point? Until you find a true franchise QB he is your starter!

Ross made clear the next coach would make his own evaluation…this is a stock statement…”he is until he isn’t”

Interesting if true because it suggest the new HC "won't" have a say in QB-type decision. Specifically anythign alongs the lines of I want to go in another direction with the QB etc.

I think Daboll and working with Tua previously is going to factor HUGE with the F.O. during interviews. In addition for his experience in the division.

IMO, He's #1 on their list. In
But dabol, at this point, probably doesn't have the Miami Grier's first on his list. And honestly, i don't see grier wanting another alpha male messing with his football team play toy ross gave him for christmas.

I am sticking to my theory, its bowles or joseph. And if not it will be a YOUNG 1st timer with o/c background. If this is their plan the best guy would be the kid from frisco. He will put together the run game needed to make ANYTHING out of tua.

My comments had nothing to do with Watson. You are kind of obsessed. :DWN:

But if one of the rumored top QBs became available you would prefer them to Tua?

Grier and Ross aren't the measuring stick of good decision making.
It depends on the specifics, does it not?

AR? Probably not.
DW? Nope.
Wilson? Maybe, depends what he is looking for.
Jimmy G? No for me.

Am I missing anyone obvious?

I mean it's easy to talk in generalities, and "perfect world" scenarios. Life is rarely that simple.

What do you expect them to say at this point? Until you find a true franchise QB he is your starter!

Ross made clear the next coach would make his own evaluation…this is a stock statement…”he is until he isn’t”
Problem is these Madden football fans can’t get their heads out of the game long enough to acknowledge that the owner and GM realize they didn’t put Tua in a position to succeed and decided to do something about it. What do these ****ing posters want to happen? Guarantee them we are drafting the next Aaron Rodgers with our first pick?
And I didn’t hear any of this crying like a bitch when the rumor was that we were in on drafting Tua.
Comical

Grier and Ross are terrible evaluation of QB.. honestly Tua ok..he looks to be avg qb at best.. is that good enough in afc..probably up and down making playoff every3 to 5 yr.. if that make you happy

Grier and Ross are terrible evaluation of QB.. honestly Tua ok..he looks to be avg qb at best.. is that good enough in afc..probably up and down making playoff every3 to 5 yr.. if that make you happy
It isn't about what makes me happy. I'm by no means "married" to Tua.

I just don't see a viable alternative, that makes sense at the moment.

Like I said, you can generalize about direction til blue in the face. Give me a specific scenario, including cost, contract, etc. Then we could have a conversation about the positives and negatives.

Let’s be realistic here. If I was a coach n the owner is putting a player I may like or not like on me and is tying me to this player I probably wouldn’t accept the offer to be the Dolphins coach. So expect mediocrity in the next few years.

Let’s be realistic here. If I was a coach n the owner is putting a player I may like or not like on me and is tying me to this player I probably wouldn’t accept the offer to be the Dolphins coach. So expect mediocrity in the next few years.
OK, let's be realistic.

I haven't seen anything, nor would I expect to, where Grier/Ross has said any such thing.

The most "realistic" scenario is that they have no plans on bringing in a top $, free agent QB for next season. The first priority is getting the line sorted out. The second priority is installing the new offensive system. Beyond that short timeframe, nothing is off the table going forward, and we have 2 #1s in 2023 + future picks to take another shot at QB in the draft if necessary.

Why would that dissuade a perspective hire from taking the job exactly?

OK, let's be realistic.

I haven't seen anything, nor would I expect to, where Grier/Ross has said any such thing.

The most "realistic" scenario is that they have no plans on bringing in a top $, free agent QB for next season. The first priority is getting the line sorted out. The second priority is installing the new offensive system. Beyond that short timeframe, nothing is off the table going forward, and we have 2 #1s in 2023 + future picks to take another shot at QB in the draft if necessary.

Why would that dissuade a perspective hire from taking the job exactly?
Because it could change the direction of who you acquire and who you draft this year and next. What if the next head coach feels his QB is in this years draft 1st or 2nd round? You’re basically forcing me to make Tua our franchise qb.

Back
Top Bottom