Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport

Because it could change the direction of who you acquire and who you draft this year and next. What if the next head coach feels his QB is in this years draft 1st or 2nd round? You’re basically forcing me to make Tua our franchise qb.
IMO, that "if" is such a remote possibility, that it appears you are grasping at straws to defend an already suspect position.

Besides that, I don't see any "must have" QBs in the upcoming draft, and if a perspective hire tries to tell me otherwise, I don't want him so no big loss.

The GM runs the franchise in the long term. The HCs job is one season at a time. If they can't stay in their respective lanes and both pull the same direction, it isn't going to work anyway.

Because it could change the direction of who you acquire and who you draft this year and next. What if the next head coach feels his QB is in this years draft 1st or 2nd round? You’re basically forcing me to make Tua our franchise qb.

You, yes. All candidates, no.
Get your OL, WRs, RBs set. Then, if needed, get your QB next year with 2 1sts. No way they can draft a QB this year. I think a lot of coaches will take that

I'm not buying this at all! If this were true I don't think any coach would willingly accept a position here...hitching their success to Tua.
Yikes now how foolish would that be! Sure... allow the new coach to "consider" Tua as an option, that's fine. I just don't believe Ross & Grier would be that dense to put these limitations on a new coach.

I'm visualizing this new coach having complete autonomy to choose a Qb that he so desires. This new coach will bring in his guy for "competition" and the Tua days (starting) will be finally over.

Last edited:
This is wrong. If people can’t realize Tua has physical limitations that limit his ceiling then it’s on them. The Dolphins absolutely need to draft another QB, preferably two of them. I’d look 2nd round this year and possibly 1st next year. I’d much rather go into next season with a rookie QB backing up then a vet like Brisket.
Your opinion vs coach Saban on Tua? I’ll go with Saban.

I'm not buying this at all! If this were true I don't think any coach would willingly accept a position here...hitching their success to Tua.
Yikes now how foolish would that be! Sure... allow the new coach to "consider" Tua as an option, that's fine. I just don't believe Ross & Grier would be that dense to put these limitations on a new coach.

I'm visualizing this new coach having complete autonomy to choose a Qb that he so desires. This new coach will bring in his guy for "competition" and the Tua days (starting) will be finally over.
You must not be paying attention. Owner said we rolling with Tua. He who has the gold….

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

I’m starting to think that Tua fans are mostly Dolphin fans that only watch when the Dolphins are on. Don’t watch any other football.
I’m starting to think that fantasy people only look at stats and don’t actually watch football games.

Problem is these Madden football fans can’t get their heads out of the game long enough to acknowledge that the owner and GM realize they didn’t put Tua in a position to succeed and decided to do something about it. What do these ****ing posters want to happen? Guarantee them we are drafting the next Aaron Rodgers with our first pick?
And I didn’t hear any of this crying like a bitch when the rumor was that we were in on drafting Tua.
Comical

You did from me…I never believed in Tua. I always saw him as greatly overvalued and the benefactor of a superior supporting cast. Small and weak armed!

You did from me…I never believed in Tua. I always saw him as greatly overvalued and the benefactor of a superior supporting cast. Small and weak armed!
Weak arm means nothing as far as success. He has a just as good an arm as Burrow, Brees, Pennington. Just those three off the top of my head who had a lot of success so far or had in the past. Same thing was said about Brady and Montana coming out of college.

Weak arm means nothing as far as success. He has a just as good an arm as Burrow, Brees, Pennington. Just those three off the top of my head who had a lot of success so far or had in the past. Same thing was said about Brady and Montana coming out of college.

Keep telling yourself that…I don’t see Burrow or Brees short arming throws.

And…Pennington is far from the QB I had in mind picking 5th overall.

The truth is with made the wrong pick!

Flores screwed us out of Burrow…and we took this flawed, injury prone, smallish QB over Herbert!

They have to proclaim him as their starter until he isn’t their starter anymore…that simple.

Keep telling yourself that…I don’t see Burrow or Brees short arming throws.

And…Pennington is far from the QB I had in mind picking 5th overall.

The truth is with made the wrong pick!

Flores screwed us out of Burrow…and we took this flawed, injury prone, smallish QB over Herbert!

They have to proclaim him as their starter until he isn’t their starter anymore…that simple.
You need to go back and watch Brees in his early days at SD
You don’t need a rocket arm in the NFL
Just need to be smart

Just need to be smart
I don’t have to go back and watch anything…I saw it all in real time.

Tua is no Brees, no Burrow…he is a failed draft pick overdrafted because of playing at college footballs supreme football factory.

His time in Miami is numbered as they will replace him as soon as possible!

Just need to be smart
Brees is an outlier. Don't bet on any individual becoming an outlier.

It's about odds. What is probable, no what is possible.

I"m of the opinion that the best course is to roll with TT next season, but that type of comparison is really not supportive. In fact, it makes a decent argument against when one goes beyond the surface of the statement.

If a young pitcher has the velocity of Greg Maddox, his chances of being anything close to a HOF talent are very, very, very slim.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom