Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport

Again, it isn't about what is possible. It is about what is probable.

I for one have higher aspirations than Brad Johnson. Just because TB won with an outstanding defense, I'm not going to pattern my strategy on that premise.

I'm almost positive you wouldn't either. That's what makes it a bad example.

Nobody wants a meh game manager at QB. I'm not saying that's Tua's ceiling. In fact, my comments had to do with using comps that actually go against what ppl are trying to support. Really has nothing to do with Tua specifically.

It has to do with using outliers to support a position.

Not sure why it is so hard to understand that.
Could come up with more examples but please don’t give me excuses because the team had a great defense blah blah blah
Point is he did have a weak arm and got to the SB, he had to perform along the way

You must not be paying attention. Owner said we rolling with Tua. He who has the gold….
I don't believe this is what Ross truly meant to convey here. Tua is not untouchable and the new coach will ultimately make a decision. Just please oh please consider Tua as an option. Ross is probably just placating to the Tua crowd... We shall see!

There you go again coming up with excuses with every example I give
If you’re gonna keep being a troll no reason to converse
Easy to give examples but you’ll eventually run out of spin doctoring
Dude, every person who posts things you don't like aren't trolls. Is there anyone on this forum you haven't called a troll?

I don't believe this is what Ross truly meant to convey here. Tua is not untouchable and the new coach will ultimately make a decision. Just please oh please consider Tua as an option. Ross is probably just placating to the Tua crowd... We shall see!

I'll admit, having seen how bad the OL was and how much need there is for WR/RB/ILB, my priorities would be those 4 positions.

That said, I expect any new HC to address needs OTHER THAN QB in his 1st year and, if he wants to move on from TT, do it in '22 with 2 1sts. If that is correct, I see Ross as saying he wants a better TEAM and thinks QB is a lower priority - not a REQUIREMENT to keep TT.

The costs of a current successful QB in picks could be high - nicking the '22 draft. The $ costs could limit FAs. I think an easy majority of candidates would see that and ride with TT, whether they see him as the long-term solution or not.

Simple

The last coach got fired because he was the problem not the QB.

Listen Ross and the Dolphins are doing all the candidates a favor.

If you are looking at Miami you now KNOW you have TUA at QB

If you don't like Tua, there are plenty of other teams to apply for.

Tua IS NOT being forced on any coach.

THEY are choosing to come here knowing Tua is the QB

You actually just kind of agreed with his point entirely, without knowing it.

Dude, every person who posts things you don't like aren't trolls. Is there anyone on this forum you haven't called a troll?
You so don’t push it

You’re a troll if you start spinning facts, not because they disagree
Now go fetch your shine box

There are no Dolphins without a HC. He's the straw that stirs the drink so for anyone to be "reporting" how they feel about him until there is a HC actually hired....

Seriously just stop. Tua played GREAT in a 6 or 7 game stretch? What exactly do you define as "great"? He had 7 games with 1 TD or less and several under 200 yards. Oh, Im sorry, its the OL and lack of running game right?

We had such a weak schedule this season. Every single game against good NFL teams he flopped.

We do have some young talent on Defense, but were going to have an issue with a top coach if Tua is the QB.

I wonder why nobody has written any articles about a team inquiring about Tua in a trade? If he was that good, why hasnt Denver, Carolina, Jets, Giants, Houston, and Washington called to pry him away?
I agree. I think our expectations are so low for QBs due to having not had a real one in 20 years that what would be deemed a poor game for many teams is a good game here.

We have no idea how good to great he can be cup is half full not empty
THIS RIGHT HERE…..we have NO IDEA how good Tua can be. The dude has been blessed 😒 with the weakest o-line in the league, a bottom 3 run game and a injury plagued WR unit that had its best with a ROOKIE and a TE? On top of that playing for a coach that NEVER WANTED him and literally handcuffed him to NOT succeed mean while going behind his back and spearheading trade rumors to bring in another qb to take over his job. How can ANYONE play well in that 💩? Y’all gave Tannehill 7 years to grow but can’t give Tua 3 with all the crap he had to play through? Geez

THIS RIGHT HERE…..we have NO IDEA how good Tua can be. The dude has been blessed 😒 with the weakest o-line in the league, a bottom 3 run game and a injury plagued WR unit that had its best with a ROOKIE and a TE? On top of that playing for a coach that NEVER WANTED him and literally handcuffed him to NOT succeed mean while going behind his back and spearheading trade rumors to bring in another qb to take over his job. How can ANYONE play well in that 💩? Y’all gave Tannehill 7 years to grow but can’t give Tua 3 with all the crap he had to play through? Geez
I am not sure Flo didn’t want Tua initially but the ship sailed at some point and he got off the Tua train

Back
Top Bottom