Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport

So then why give Tua another season?

Even if you fix the offensive line, find the great coach, get a running game, keep the defense as good or better, ect...All those things hitting I got to say pretty unlikely, but even if they do, didn't you just create the 2021 Patriots? Haven't they wasted enough years of your life? Unless you think Tua is significantly better than Mac Jones. I don't get it.
Because whats the point in selling the farm to get a guy and make him deal with the same **** tua did? Tua truthfully hasn't had a fair season, and theres's no QB worth drafting this year. Going out and trying to fix the O's issues with a cheap, unknown QB and then letting him sink or swim(be evaluated) has a higher upshot than breaking the bank and getting him dollar bin players around him. If Tua sucks in 22, we have the ability to get a guy in 23

Because whats the point in selling the farm to get a guy and make him deal with the same **** tua did? Tua truthfully hasn't had a fair season, and theres's no QB worth drafting this year. Going out and trying to fix the O's issues with a cheap, unknown QB and then letting him sink or swim(be evaluated) has a higher upshot than breaking the bank and getting him dollar bin players around him. If Tua sucks in 22, we have the ability to get a guy in 23
Well assuming Tua doesn't have a strong year, your return will be worse than it is right now if not completely untradable. So that's one consideration.

Yes, we have the chance to get another lottery pick in '23. They are too good to completely tank with the defense. So we'd have to trade up and give up a whole lot of capital ala 49ers. Then assume you chose right and develop well. How many more years do you want to do this?

Last edited:
Well assuming Tua doesn't have a strong year, your return will be worst than it is right now if not completely untradable. So that's one consideration.

Yes, we have the chance to get another lottery pick in '23. They are too good to completely tank with the defense. So we'd have to trade up and give up a whole lot of capital ala 49ers. Then assume you chose right and develop well. How many more years do you want to do this?
I'd rather know than not that Tua aint it, if he succeeds elsewhere after next year, oh well. Giving him the extra season with a significantly improved offense will let us say for certain.

What should we do next year then? Dispense Tua, go out and get Arod or Wilson? Completely wreck the salary cap and limit our ability to get talent via free agency? Have one of those two Qbs continue to get demolished behind our line? or throw the same 5 yard slant to DVP and 10 out to Waddle? Arod and wilson aint spring chickens either.

Last edited:

Even if you fix the offensive line, find the great coach, get a running game, keep the defense as good or better, ect...All those things hitting I got to say pretty unlikely, but even if they do, didn't you just create the 2021 Patriots? Haven't they wasted enough years of your life? Unless you think Tua is significantly better than Mac Jones. I don't get it.
Because there isn’t any special QBs in this draft, and Tua’s contract lets you spend extra elsewhere to fix the other areas.

But if we don’t fix the coaching situation and at least a couple other problem area, doesn’t matter who the QB is. I’m more about having a complete team than a do or die QB.

And they haven’t wasted any years of my life…love my life…football won’t impact it.

Whether or not Tua works out to be a franchise QB doesn’t really matter this off-season. To me there are 4 moves the Dolphins could possibly make this off-season related to the QB situation and I don’t see three of them likely.

1. Get Aaron Rodgers. Why would he want to come here?
2. Get Russell Wilson. Same question.
3. Give up the farm to trade for Watson. Does he still want to come? Could we still field a competitive team if we gave up what it would take to land him and chewed up so much cap space on him?
4. Give Tua another year. If it doesn’t work out, use your two picks in 2023 to trade up for Stroud or Bryce Young.

So, go with 4 and give Tua some protection and weapons. If he’s not the guy, you have a good situation for a new QB to come into in 2023.
exactly whether tua is the guy or not. Miami has to make the offensive line better and get more talent on offense. The team will still be limited even with a better qb unless the o line improves and more weapons on offense. I want dolphins in the playoffs but I wouldn't be satisfied with that. I'm thinking long term, I want miami to be a perennial playoff contender and superbowl contender. That won't happen until o line and players on offense get built up even with a good qb. There are too many talented teams and teams with franchise qbs for miami to make it superbowl even if they get a good qb. As the other teams will have that plus good o line, rbs, defense to give the edge. And a young qb needs a set up to help him develop also. Not mention staying healthy is huge too. If a good qb is getting hit often, he'll get injured or his career may be shortened like andrew luck's

If 49ers let jimmy g go dolphins should go get him for 2and rd pick

This is wrong. If people can’t realize Tua has physical limitations that limit his ceiling then it’s on them. The Dolphins absolutely need to draft another QB, preferably two of them. I’d look 2nd round this year and possibly 1st next year. I’d much rather go into next season with a rookie QB backing up then a vet like Brisket.

Obviously there are ppl who believe Tua is better but beyond that, your argument is illogical on its face.

Regardless what someone thinks of either QB in the long term, it's pretty safe to say they will both likely be better in the future.

And yes, I understand you "don't get it".

Just because you don't get it, is no reason to bash the guy incessantly. Everyone knows where you stand on Tua.

Look, I have doubts too, but it's to the point that some, including yourself, have become so indignant about it that it's ridiculous.

If it is your goal to change "hearts and minds", you are going about it wrong.

You don't EVER force a player on a new head coach. That's HIS job to decide who he wants. There will be coaching candidates who will say no thank you to the Dolphins job because they're forced to have Tua as their QB.

Back
Top Bottom