Dolphins Bring in Sean Taylor for Visit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bring in Sean Taylor for Visit

If we traded up to #5 we probably wouldn't be in a position to take Gallery. And if we are in that position and they don't take Gallery its because they are not convinced that he's a superb LT prospect a la Tony Boselli or Walter Jones/Orlando Pace.

Sean Taylor is the best defensive player in the draft. Baltimore's defense by all means should have taken a serious nose dive but Ed Reed infused them with excellence again. I still think they only brought in Taylor to get a look at him in case something dramatic happens between now and the draft, or within a few years.

Originally posted by Boomer
The article posted in the main page about Stuart Schweigert coming in was a diary piece about the visiting day that we had last week. What I found most interesting was that we only brought 17 guys in instead of the 20 that we are allowed, and that 6 of the 17 were defensive backs. Now we know that 2 of the 6 were Schweigert and Utah's Arnold Parker. What I have subsequently found out is that Sean Taylor was another.

Now if Rick pulled off a move up to get Taylor, I would be a seriously happy camper. The weight in the issue is Ogunleye. The target team HAS to be Washington - a team with just 1 pick in the entire draft and nothing at defensive end. And a team in the position to which Taylor should come off the board.

I just wonder.........

I agree. Taylor is by far my favorite player in this draft. It would be alot of fun seeing him in a Fins uni for the next decade.

I could see SD trading back twice in Round 1.....once to the NYG pick and then again to pick 20 overall if we package O-Gun with it.

We could Draft OL Gallery, FS Taylor, or Big Ben Roth..one or all of them could very well be on the board.

It could provide us with an elite player (potential) and would be a great move for SD....

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
I could see SD trading back twice in Round 1.....once to the NYG pick and then again to pick 20 overall if we package O-Gun with it.

We could Draft Gallery or Big Ben Roth..one of them could very well be on the board.

It could provide us with an elite player (potential) and would be a great move for SD....

Just what I was thinking. How great would it be to have a top 5 pick. I cant remember a time that I have seen that. Can you imagine having a shot at either Taylor, Gallery or Big Ben:drool: :pray:

Ed Reed is a Safety, he is an impact player. Roy Williams is a safety, he is an impact player. Sean Taylor is a safety, he is an impact player. Yes, the safety position is not the position you call out to make a big play, but Sean Taylor is the acception to the rule. He is the real deal, and he is not just a Safety. Look at Ed Reed. The guy blitzes, he plays the run, the pass, he blocks punts, he finds the endzone, he does it all. Sean Taylor would make our defense absolutely incredible. I think Sean Taylor is the best player in the Draft. If Rick pulls that off somehow, I give him all the credit I took away from him this offseason.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
You don't trade impact defensive ends for safeties.

While Sean Taylor is a great player, he's a safety. He will never impact the pro game like a great defensive end will. Ogunleye is a great defensive end.

Just give Ogunleye the money he's due. He was looking for a long term deal last year, and had Miami given it to him then, they would have gotten him locked up at a much cheaper price.
Agree here. I like Taylor a lot of course but not for Ogun. Ask Pat and Sam who would they rather have on the team, Ogun or Taylor and both will say Ogun.

Ozzy rules!!

Agree here. I like Taylor a lot of course but not for Ogun. Ask Pat and Sam who would they rather have on the team, Ogun or Taylor and both will say Ogun.

Depends on whether or not you think Ogunleye is genuinely one of the best DEs in the league. I still do not. He got 25 sacks in two years. Big deal, Trace Armstrong got 24 sacks in two years opposite Jason Taylor, and he was only a part-timer. He was also like 56 years old.

And lets just say that Ogunleye IS a top DE. People act like he's in our pocket and we'd just be giving him away. Look at the situation people. If we do not trade him, he's here for ONE MORE YEAR and then he leaves. Is keeping him for one more year worth a 1st and 3rd or whatever the heck we would get for him in trade? Our cap situation next year isn't going to be any better than it was this year, in fact it will most likely be worst. If we don't want to give into his demands this year, then we won't want to give in to his demands next year either and that means we lose him to unrestricted free agency unless we franchise tag him...and franchising him costs even more than if we just caved into his demands. This all wouldn't even be an issue if the Phins wanted to sign him longterm to the kind of contract Ogunleye demands...and if they don't want to do that this year they wont want to do it next year because we'll be tighter to the cap, its not like we're set to receive some windfall of cap money in 2005.

#20 pick and Ogunleye for one year, vs. Sean Taylor for years to come.

I dunno man. Sean Taylor's an elite player. Anyone we get at #20 will be a risk, even Shawn Andrews (who I believe is the least risky player that might be available at #20).

Sean Taylor is the real deal. He's the only player I'd be interested in getting over taking OL. And you do trade Ogun for Taylor. He is the best player in the draft, he can do it all. I'd love to see this guy as a phin!

I think that we would have a shot at Gallery at #4 or 5. I cant see AZ, OK or Det picking a tackle. NY would have traded up for Eli. The only way we dont get Gallery when we trade up would be if SD sat tight at 1. Then both top qbs would need to be gone and NY would take him. If both Taylor and Gallery are available IF we trade up I would be torn as to whom I would prefer. Leaning toward Taylor but it may be because its a more "sexy pick."

Originally posted by Boomer
The article posted in the main page about Stuart Schweigert coming in was a diary piece about the visiting day that we had last week. What I found most interesting was that we only brought 17 guys in instead of the 20 that we are allowed, and that 6 of the 17 were defensive backs. Now we know that 2 of the 6 were Schweigert and Utah's Arnold Parker. What I have subsequently found out is that Sean Taylor was another.

Now if Rick pulled off a move up to get Taylor, I would be a seriously happy camper. The weight in the issue is Ogunleye. The target team HAS to be Washington - a team with just 1 pick in the entire draft and nothing at defensive end. And a team in the position to which Taylor should come off the board.

I just wonder.........

Yeah, really. I wonder out loud a couple times b4 about a Wash/Ogun type deal somehow. if we did pull off that deal and it's quite possible considering our past repoire with Wash, then Taylor would be the guy to get UNLESS by chance gallery was still there. maybe that would be the hope in having 2 choices in that one of the two would be there. Like you say, something is going thru his head for even having him in here. Hopefully, it would be a straight up trade just the #5 pick and not swapping picks. If so, if Gallery was still there, then take him, then we could focus our #20 on guys like Starks or DJ Wms perhaps.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
Now I am hearing that the Giants are trying to trade up with San Diego to get Manning... which means Gallery could drop to #5.. in which case I would trade ogun to get Gallery...

but SD has a bad need for OT also! :cry: :cry:

Re: Re: Dolphins Bring in Sean Taylor for Visit

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Yeah, really. I wonder out loud a couple times b4 about a Wash/Ogun type deal somehow. if we did pull off that deal and it's quite possible considering our past repoire with Wash, then Taylor would be the guy to get UNLESS by chance gallery was still there. maybe that would be the hope in having 2 choices in that one of the two would be there. Like you say, something is going thru his head for even having him in here. Hopefully, it would be a straight up trade just the #5 pick and not swapping picks. If so, if Gallery was still there, then take him, then we could focus our #20 on guys like Starks or DJ Wms perhaps.

Do Wash have a 2nd rounder or 3rd? If so, I could see trading #1s and picking up another pick. Dont think they have much to trade but then again they know we have little position in this. If we keep wally another year without a new contract we get nothing for him.

Originally posted by KBISBACK

While Sean Taylor is a great player, he's a safety. He will never impact the pro game like a great defensive end will.

Ever heard of Ed Reed?

Re: Re: Re: Dolphins Bring in Sean Taylor for Visit

Originally posted by dreadlockera

Do Wash have a 2nd rounder or 3rd? If so, I could see trading #1s and picking up another pick. Dont think they have much to trade but then again they know we have little position in this. If we keep wally another year without a new contract we get nothing for him.

Come to think of it, I don't think they have either. i think Denver has their 2nd and Jax their 3rd. Anyway, i wouldn't want to swap pick. That sort of defeat the purpose of the tender anyway. Of course for a pick that high, we can "forego' the 3rd rnd pick tho. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom