Dolphins Bring in Sean Taylor for Visit | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bring in Sean Taylor for Visit

Originally posted by Lukin

You've got to be kidding me? Do you even watch football? Ed Reed Impacts the game as much as any player on the feild. When a saftey is as good as him (and Taylor is suppose to be better) he can play anywhere on the feild making big big plays against the Run, or the Pass, or in the offensive backfield.

No, I'm not kidding you nor disagreeing. I was simply looking for your particular reasons for other than just saying that.

i think what alot of folks don't realize is that altho many [here] think Taylor is the #1 player in the draft that Gallery is almost always 1 spot behind him. i've looked at many sites ranking players overall. Taylor has ranked 1st in only one, that I saw while gallery was the #1 choice twice, in the same polls mind you. Interestingly enough, when taylor was ranked 1st, gallery was 3rd, BUT the ones having gallery at 1, Taylor was 10th and 13th. i think this is a bit extreme so let's throw those out. Of the rest, the rankings, the vast majority list Taylor at eith 4th or 5th while gallery was immediately behind him at either 5th or 6th. Therefore, the conclusion I draw from this is not whether taylor is the absolute best player in the draft, altho clearly one of the best at least, but the fact that Gallery is also at least the "next best" player
behind taylor, thus making it pretty much even. So, IMO, since OT is a MORE urgent need than FS plus the "fact" that OL was a top priority ["again"] heading into the off season, then I would have to say that if we wind up with the #5 pick and if both players are available, then the obvious choice would have to be Gallery. However, I will also say that if RS is entertaining any real thoughts about dealing with the Skins, I like the fact that he is likely targeting more than one player in case our 1st choice is gone. If Gallery is gone, then,yes, the obvious choice would be Taylor, since we already aquired Boston. I'd like to think that RS would make the move for gallery, even tho he's likely gone anyway to NYG, but you never know. With Taylor as a "consolation" prize, you can't go wrong. But, i hope he doesn't make the move with only Taylor in mind. That would be just too expensive considering our more pressing needs.

Back
Top Bottom