Dolphins Bring in Sean Taylor for Visit | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bring in Sean Taylor for Visit

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
I could see SD trading back twice in Round 1.....once to the NYG pick and then again to pick 20 overall if we package O-Gun with it.

SD is switching to a 3-4 next year. I dont think a rush end like O-Gun will be very effective in that type of system and they know that.

I think we should all cool our jets here...this is not gonna happen....

Our defense is well above average. Our offense is abysmal. We have addressed several issues this offseason and it's not over yet, but...this is a pipe dream folks... I get a h@rd-on just thinking about this guy in our backfield, but it's just a dream....

The reason we won't make this kind of trade ?? Simple, DW and RS need to win this year.

We were not 10-6 last year because our defense failed....in most every game, our defense kept us in the game. Arturo Freeman is not that much of a drop-off from the way Brock played last year, and he is faster which might even make him a better safety for us this year (that is probably wishful thinking, but the drop off is not that much). The defense, w/o the rush from our DL is going to have problems. That is the nature of press coverage. We don't need to have an elite safety to make this defense work, but we do have to have pressure on the QB. Giving up Ogun, unless the compensation is a starter and a draft pick or two, is not worth it for us.

I guess NEVER is not the way to say this, anything can happen. But RS and DW have too much to lose unless it is a blockbuster deal. Giving up the farm is not the way I think they will go. (IMHO)

Originally posted by KBISBACK
You don't trade impact defensive ends for safeties.

While Sean Taylor is a great player, he's a safety. He will never impact the pro game like a great defensive end will. Ogunleye is a great defensive end.

Just give Ogunleye the money he's due. He was looking for a long term deal last year, and had Miami given it to him then, they would have gotten him locked up at a much cheaper price.

Great? I don't know about that. Bruce Smith is a great DE (or was) Wale needs to show he can produce like he did last season to get a tag like "great". The only reason I'm for a trade of this nature is IF we were to get a high quality defensive player like Taylor.
I know there are other offensive players that could be there at #5 but I don't want the defense to suffer because of the trade. And with the defensive unit aging Taylor would infuse some youth and could be the start of a reloading proccess on the defense.

Like I said the only way I would want to let go of O-gun is if it was for a extremly high pick like #5. :)

Originally posted by LarryFinFan
I think we should all cool our jets here...this is not gonna happen....

Our defense is well above average. Our offense is abysmal. We have addressed several issues this offseason and it's not over yet, but...this is a pipe dream folks... I get a h@rd-on just thinking about this guy in our backfield, but it's just a dream....

The reason we won't make this kind of trade ?? Simple, DW and RS need to win this year.

We were not 10-6 last year because our defense failed....in most every game, our defense kept us in the game. Arturo Freeman is not that much of a drop-off from the way Brock played last year, and he is faster which might even make him a better safety for us this year (that is probably wishful thinking, but the drop off is not that much). The defense, w/o the rush from our DL is going to have problems. That is the nature of press coverage. We don't need to have an elite safety to make this defense work, but we do have to have pressure on the QB. Giving up Ogun, unless the compensation is a starter and a draft pick or two, is not worth it for us.

I guess NEVER is not the way to say this, anything can happen. But RS and DW have too much to lose unless it is a blockbuster deal. Giving up the farm is not the way I think they will go. (IMHO)

Come on Larry, it's a message board, there's nothing wrong with fans discussing possible trades or draft picks, that's what makes it fun to come here, otherwards the off season would be even more boring this time of year.;)

I would die in excitement if we landed Taylor. Hell, I'd change my name to TaylorOwnz26. :woot:

Originally posted by DeDolfan

And???

You've got to be kidding me? Do you even watch football? Ed Reed Impacts the game as much as any player on the feild. When a saftey is as good as him (and Taylor is suppose to be better) he can play anywhere on the feild making big big plays against the Run, or the Pass, or in the offensive backfield.

I think Taylor would be an all-pro LB as well, he is a freak.

We were one of 2 teams that were going to take Archuleta and play him at WLB so maybe if they take him they move him to LB?

Just thinking outside the box. Wherever you play this kid, he makes an impact, in my opinion.

If both are there @ 5 you have to take gallery over taylor imo. But @ what price would this happen??

Originally posted by Lukin

You've got to be kidding me? Do you even watch football? Ed Reed Impacts the game as much as any player on the feild. When a saftey is as good as him (and Taylor is suppose to be better) he can play anywhere on the feild making big big plays against the Run, or the Pass, or in the offensive backfield.

100% agree. Ed Reed is IMO and others the best safety in the league and this is only his second year. Sean Taylor looked better at Miami than he did and has more size. I love Ed Reed and I love Sean Taylor (in fact i recently purchased both of their autographs.)

Taylor is the only person i would be in favor of drafting that high.

Dude this guy is the biggest stud in this years draft...Taylor would make our defense complete...I mean the weakness in our D was at Fs where we have Freeman looking to start...FS was my only doubt on our defense...Taylor is soo intimidating in the canes uni, imagine him in a Phin uni with his eye visor...he looks like Ricky but on the defensive side...and he hits like a ton of bricks and is always around the ball...and if you dont think Fs dont make an impact their first year: Doss,Reed, and Roy williams made an impact....Archuleta and polamalu are some good rookie safties.. and Taylor could be better than all those guys straight out of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I would die in excitement if we landed Taylor. Hell, I'd change my name to TaylorOwnz26. :woot:
Even if we dont get Taylor we have a Taylor on our team that is worth you changing it to TaylorOwnz99.haha just a thought.

Sean Taylor, in my opinion, is the best player in this draft. I do not think, after watching every game of Wale's over the past 2 years, that he is a 'great' defensive end. I think Taylor IS a great safety. He is a game changing performer. People say, you don't win games at the safety spot, but I disagree. With three very good corners and Taylor in the secondary, that will make any defensive end playing in Wale's place better. I would much rather draft a DE on day 2, and give up Wale to get Taylor.

There aren't many chances that you get to draft the best player in a draft. If you get those chances, you take them....AS LONG AS THE OVERALL PACKAGE ISN'T TOO MUCH.

I tend to doubt that we can move up high enough to draft Taylor, though that would be one hell of a maneuver by RS. Ogun and a third rounder for the #5 pick is a deal Id make. I wouldnt do it for Ogunand our #1 though.

Back
Top Bottom