Dolphins Bringing Back Devante Parker - 2 Year Contract | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bringing Back Devante Parker - 2 Year Contract

Yea called this in another thread.

Was the one “obvious” cut that I wasn’t sure was so obvious.

Don’t think they wanted to lose him for nothing. Despite his rocky history, his build and potential would of landed him with a deal like this, at minimum, on the open market.

The talent is there for sure, and NE has been known for being an organization that tries to get the talent out of underperforming veterans. It seems obvious now that he would be someone a NE-based coaching staff would want to work with. Hopefully it pans out.

Seems smart to me. Save money this season and keep a talented player without committing to a bunch of future money.

I could get behind this if it’s reported the second year is completely unguarenteed. I want an out.

Well this tells you Ryan Tannehill will be coming back. Bank it. No one wants him and he is the best we got so suck it up Dolfans because he will be under center for one more year. But, this year he will have competition with a FA we pick up and the QB we draft to be groomed. They have until 4pm EDST Wednesday to make a decision and so far niente has occurred. With DVP signing it would not be inconceivable to think it won't. It is what it is and it never seems to change.

Wat8.jpg

This isn't a bad deal at all and is the sort of thing this FO should be looking to do during the rebuild. Take a chance on a player who has underachieved for short years. Even if Parker continues to suck it's not like we have made any major commitment to him in terms of guaranteed money and years.

:bobdole:

So basically since he plays about an average of 1/2 a season per year we gave him a 1 year 13m contract. Cool.

Yes, he is physically gifted, but he also doesn't have the mindset of an elite player... Resigning him after his failures here is a red flag to me that this regime won't prize the right mindset players to elevate the team.

They're not paying him like someone with the mindset of an elite player.

This is much better than the deal the GB Packers just gave Billy Turner. 4 Yrs/$28 Million. $11 Million in year 1. Ted Thompson is tanking. LOL

This is much better than the deal the GB Packers just gave Billy Turner. 4 Yrs/$28 Million. $11 Million in year 1. Ted Thompson is tanking. LOL
Or even John Ross for he bills. 3/27 - no thanks

Back
Top Bottom