Dolphins Claim Qb Luke Faulk | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Claim Qb Luke Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no interest in Davis webb. Don’t like the scheme fit and don’t like the player even in a pro style o

Seriously, how much RELIABLE data extraction could you get from Luke? He was just drafted and learning the playbook himself. I could understand if he was there for a couple of years and got to know how they game plan and hide weaknesses, etc. What if he gets the plays mixed up or confused with something he did in College?

If Gase is trying to use Luke for any type of advantage, he should step down.

Seriously, how much RELIABLE data extraction could you get from Luke? He was just drafted and learning the playbook himself. I could understand if he was there for a couple of years and got to know how they game plan and hide weaknesses, etc. What if he gets the plays mixed up or confused with something he did in College?

If Gase is trying to use Luke for any type of advantage, he should step down.

They didn’t claim Falk solely for info on Tennessee from him. They got him bc they saw potential in him as a QB

And when people say “getting intel” it’s more about tendencies in situations and strengths/weaknesses of certain players. Miami isn’t bringing him in and hounding the dude for the titans playbook and all their checks

It’s a common practice, and it’s common bc it’s nothing more than tendencies of certain players/coaches 99% of the time

Not like Falk is walking in the building and handing over the playbook then getting cut next week

Yeah I mean I’d lean scheme fit primary reason falk here.

Pre snap and progression read and ball placement for rac. All traits that fit our offense ideally.

Wouldn’t shock me the slightest if next years backup qb isn’t even on the roster right now. In gases presser today he said he doesn’t have a true #2 and he’s guessing when he picks between fales and osweiler.

And I genuinely think the reason gase hasn’t gone and hand picked his own QB is bc Ryan tannehill is his hand picked QB.

Wouldn’t shock me the slightest if next years backup qb isn’t even on the roster right now. In gases presser today he said he doesn’t have a true #2 and he’s guessing when he picks between fales and osweiler.

And I genuinely think the reason gase hasn’t gone and hand picked his own QB is bc Ryan tannehill is his hand picked QB.

That last sentence is exactly why. Although I could see Luke Falk the backup qb in 2019. He’s developmental with upside that can come with improved arm strength.

Tannehill stays healthy they aren’t changing qbs any time soon.

Now watch us cut falk the Tuesday of week 2. Lol

That last sentence is exactly why. Although I could see Luke Falk the backup qb in 2019. He’s developmental with upside that can come with improved arm strength.

Tannehill stays healthy they aren’t changing qbs any time soon.

Now watch us cut falk the Tuesday of week 2. Lol

Lmao I put nothing past em. We’ll have tannehill and osweiler as 1 & 2 and three months ago I would have laughed you out of the room

Got a question how do compare Falks to Petty

Imo they aren’t really comparables. People will try to w/ petty coming from one read Baylor and Falk from Leaches system but petty was all around the Better prospect he had better arm strength and was more mobile.

Falk could read a defense just fine but his mechanics were all over the place and has underhwleming arm strength. Breaks down against pressure although petty had issues w/ that too

They didn’t claim Falk solely for info on Tennessee from him. They got him bc they saw potential in him as a QB

And when people say “getting intel” it’s more about tendencies in situations and strengths/weaknesses of certain players. Miami isn’t bringing him in and hounding the dude for the titans playbook and all their checks

It’s a common practice, and it’s common bc it’s nothing more than tendencies of certain players/coaches 99% of the time

Not like Falk is walking in the building and handing over the playbook then getting cut next week

How much would you rely on tendencies in situations and strengths/weaknesses from a 2018 6th round drafted QB? I wouldn't even ask. It might be common for VETERAN players who have played real games with their team for at least a year or more. Falk has only PRACTICED and played in preseason games.

Also, I know they brought him in because they like him but I was responding to the talk about him possibly being used for that reason.
Falk can offer nothing useful in terms of inside information.

How much would you rely on tendencies in situations and strengths/weaknesses from a 2018 6th round drafted QB? I wouldn't even ask. It might be common for VETERAN players who have played real games with their team for at least a year or more. Falk has only PRACTICED and played in preseason games.

Also, I know they brought him in because they like him but I was responding to the talk about him possibly being used for that reason.
Falk can offer nothing useful in terms of inside information.

:thumbsup

I wasnt a big fan of Falk during the draft, I know a lot of folks on here were. Seems just like another guy competing for a QB position. He had some nice numbers in college but I dont think his game/skillsets translates well in the NFL. He has good accuracy but that's about it. Titans sure gave up on him quick.

Those clips from the pre season game looks like he needs good protection he has a bit of a slow release. Article says he was sacked often at Washington State and it may have taken a toll on him.

Those clips from the pre season game looks like he needs good protection he has a bit of a slow release. Article says he was sacked often at Washington State and it may have taken a toll on him.

He got destroyed at Washington State. Very comparable to the stretch of years where TH17 was the most sacked QB in the NFL.

When he did have time to throw he showed that he has a lot to work with. Arm strength is his biggest flaw, but I always thought he had a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom