Dolphins Claim Qb Luke Faulk | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Claim Qb Luke Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do we keep four QB's on the roster?
It’s the sum that Gase is looking for.

All together we have a legit starter.

Begs the joke: how many NFL QBs does it take to round out a single roster?

Davis Webb got cut??? I’d pick him up in a heartbeat over any of these QBs not named Tannehill.

Not that Davis Webb was very promising but the Giants must either think Eli has five years left or they really like Lauletta. Personally I liked lauletta more than Faulk coming out of the draft

Not a great arm but I like everything else I see. Great accuracy and goes thru progression. Recipe for success

At pick 199 Falk realistically was probably considered the best player available, a quarterback that slid to the sixth round, and maybe just because of the early run on them. Any other year he would have been a third maybe second round bla bla. Nothing wrong with them taking a flier on him and BPA might not translate to being a good fit for your team. Lots of sixth round picks will have to find a better fit or they’ll be in a UPS uniform next. Let’s see if our quarterback guru can do something or we can maybe stop calling him that.

so do we have an open spot? two signed, two of ours on IR and Young released?
do they have to be designated as "short term" IR when being put on it? or no? Wonder if brendel will be able to come back at all... hull I dont care about but brendel was a key backup

Different offensive concepts between the 2 qbs. It’s like the differences qb ask between say Tom savage and Deshaun Watson in houston.

i was thinking they were referring more to stuff like strategy, certain weaknesses of various WRs or RBs, covering up blocking deficiencies, things they want to focus on but didnt show during PS. stuff like that.

im sure this was mostly about Luke Falks potential though.

i was thinking they were referring more to stuff like strategy, certain weaknesses of various WRs or RBs, covering up blocking deficiencies, things they want to focus on but didnt show during PS. stuff like that.

im sure this was mostly about Luke Falks potential though.

Maybe but I think the dc cares more about offensive scheme and ask than player deficiency. You can dissect players on tape in the preseason you rarely can get into the scheme plan a.

Although you should be able to watch a qb for instance and have a general idea what he does best and what you want to exploit. And what they are gonna try to do vs you to hide weaknesses at the position if any.

For instance I can watch Marcus Mariota and know that his legs are a major threat and his pocket progression is a weakness. Same for his complex reads. Just hasn’t progressed in the pocket all that much. Which is pretty common for guys that require single and primary reads and basic passing ask concepts. Their legs are their true bail out meal ticket

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom