Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson

They can still draft a running back. I think they learned their lesson from last year. I am still pissed that J.K Dobbins is not here. With 2 first and 2 second round picks, I can easily see one of them being a running back. There are enough good running backs to get one further down the line like Patterson from Buffalo.

They can still draft a running back. I think they learned their lesson from last year. I am still pissed that J.K Dobbins is not here. With 2 first and 2 second round picks, I can easily see one of them being a running back. There are enough good running backs to get one further down the line like Patterson from Buffalo.
All three top RB’s this year are > than dobbins, tbh

Madness! The poster hates every move. Sign a depht guy? Hate it! 1 -years try it out contract? Hate it!

You can borrow my word for this kind of poster, it's "Lemming". They produce a lot of "Lemming Juice" and "Lemming Drops" with their negative attitudes about everything except their own opinions.

I was hyped about the RBs we brought in last year so I’ll take a wait and see approach with this crop... unless they draft Najee 😁
Jordan Howard never should have sucked.

Matt Breida should have been a steal for a 5th round pick.

I am still scratching my head that those two moves did not work out for us.

When I consider which round to draft a player I look at the franchise tag price for that position.

You have many here banging the table for us to draft a TE and a RB with our first round picks. Guess which positions have the lowest tag price? Yup, RB, TE, and special teams.

IMHO it would be very bad business to draft either in the first round. FWIW, behind QB it is DE/WR/CB/LB.

We certainly need DE/WR/LB and depending on Howard's demands for a new contract maybe a CB. If Howard was cut in 2022 dead cap would be 2.8M and 14.4M if he stays. I think Surtain at 18 makes more sense than Harris looking at the long term picture (not saying I would pick a CB but it isn't a bad move as both of ours are expensive).

I hear a lot about restructuring contracts everyone understands this is essentially kicking the can down the road. All bonus money is still paid out just prorated over the length of the contract. What do you do to play future star kick the can again. I hope Grier is being truthful when he says he wants a sustainable winner. It looks like he is serious.

Jordan Howard never should have sucked.

Matt Breida should have been a steal for a 5th round pick.

I am still scratching my head that those two moves did not work out for us.
100% agree but those kind of outcomes prove the entire pro football personnel biz is an inexact science even when you're projecting proven pro talent onto your roster let alone college kids who have never played a down in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom