Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson

I agree if we get Carson. He's young enough to not want him blocking the development of an elite rookie. I did 'drool' over Carson in a few threads last year. He's Very talented. We're freakin Set at RB, IMO, if we get him. Carson, Brown, Gaskin, Ahmed, Laird (STs).
If Miami gets Carson I would say there's a 95% chance Laird doesn't sniff the 53 man roster. Maybe he could find a spot on the practice squad. I could still see Miami drafting a back and going, Carson, rookie, Brown and then let Ahmad and Gaskin fight it out for the final spot. It wouldn't shock me if all of the rbs from 2020 are replaced.

We have no money left for another free agent RB guys. We only have about 10mill left and you need 5mill for in season moves plus about 10mill for the draft picks....we gonna have to cut a player or two just to have enough money for all of that so I think we're done for now.
There are still players we will cut and several we can restructure

Anybody complaining at this point is just doing it for exercise. The options have opened up like crazy. The dolphins can own the draft for a couple of years to come if played correctly.

Can never be upset with having some guys that can pound the ball. That's not Gaskin, That's not Ahmed, and that's not Laird.

Not to mention it's pretty hard on a rookie RB to carry a full NFL load as the primary.
What about Brown? He seems to really hit holes hard.

Could you imagine Tua surrounded by Najee Haris, Chris Carson, Malcom Brown and Myles Gaskin in the backfield with Jamar Chase, Will Fuller, Devante Parker, Preston Williams, Albert Wilson and Lynn Bowden at the receiver spots. Plus you have Brissett backing up Tua. How our fan base could find a way to complain about that offensive unit would be beyond me.

Could you imagine Tua surrounded by Najee Haris, Chris Carson, Malcom Brown and Myles Gaskin in the backfield with Jamar Chase, Will Fuller, Devante Parker, Preston Williams, Albert Wilson and Lynn Bowden at the receiver spots. Plus you have Brissett backing up Tua. How out fan base could find a way to complain about that offensive unit would be beyond me.
Can’t complain when that isn’t going to happen.

Convert his 2021 salary to bonus (if necessary).

He's here, he's going to earn it anyway.

No brainer.
Agree. Think they’ve stayed away from the whole “restructure” thing but according to Hyde we could free up 15M just with BJones. If they want guys like Carson and Clowney they can easily do it. I actually don’t mind restructuring good players contracts.

Back
Top Bottom