Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Close to a Deal for (RB) Chris Carson

If Carson signs, I'd think it takes RB out of the 1st and quite possibly 2nd rounds of the draft.

I don’t believe for one second this FO was/is considering a RB at 18 anyway. I I’d SHOCKED if we took one in the first.

Id draft a OG, C, S, DE and LB ahead of a RB if all things (grade) are equal.

We have no money left for another free agent RB guys. We only have about 10mill left and you need 5mill for in season moves plus about 10mill for the draft picks....we gonna have to cut a player or two just to have enough money for all of that so I think we're done for now.

I gu
We have no money left for another free agent RB guys. We only have about 10mill left and you need 5mill for in season moves plus about 10mill for the draft picks....we gonna have to cut a player or two just to have enough money for all of that so I think we're done for now.
we can also restructure contracts so I’d say between that and cuts we can make another splash signing if we want to, but I think we’ll wait to see who gets cut as time goes on.

Gotta say I'm NOT a fan of spending big FA money on an injury-prone veteran RB. There are 3 very good RB's in this draft who fit our system (Travis Etienne, Najee Harris, and Javonte Williams). I'd draft rather than go the FA route. I'm confident that at least one of those guys will be available in round 2, and we might get Williams at 50.

Gotta say I'm NOT a fan of spending big FA money on an injury-prone veteran RB. There are 3 very good RB's in this draft who fit our system (Travis Etienne, Najee Harris, and Javonte Williams). I'd draft rather than go the FA route. I'm confident that at least one of those guys will be available in round 2, and we might get Williams at 50.
i always debate this with myself.

what is a top 50 pick worth in cash?

if you can just spend cash on a player and use a top 50 pick elsewhere (since they are not for sale)?

i go round n round.

I get that perspective. For the record I don't think 1 of the 3 will be avialble with the Dolphins 2nd round pick.
Harris and Etienne very likely will go 1st round. Williams is the only possiblity @36. But he could always go top of the 2nd before the phins pick.

Can never be upset with having some guys that can pound the ball. That's not Gaskin, That's not Ahmed, and that's not Laird.

Not to mention it's pretty hard on a rookie RB to carry a full NFL load as the primary.

We don’t appear to want to invest a comp 60 pick into a RB. Which I understand but interesting nonetheless
I agree if we get Carson. He's young enough to not want him blocking the development of an elite rookie. I did 'drool' over Carson in a few threads last year. He's Very talented. We're freakin Set at RB, IMO, if we get him. Carson, Brown, Gaskin, Ahmed, Laird (STs).

Back
Top Bottom