Dolphins Contacting Teams On Ryan Tannehill | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Contacting Teams On Ryan Tannehill

How much you want to bet? They HAVE TO get rid of him if they draft Murray!

They don't. The Cardinals can sit there with him as a tradable asset for a damn year or two if they want, until they get an offer that they like.

Having a viable QB on your roster is (as I have repeatedly said and debated) far more valuable than any other position. If you have a QB go down around the beginning of the season, you suddenly get a LOT more desperate for a QB. See Bradford, Sam circa 2016.

They don't. The Cardinals can sit there with him as a tradable asset for a damn year or two if they want, until they get an offer that they like.

Having a viable QB on your roster is (as I have repeatedly said and debated) far more valuable than any other position. If you have a QB go down around the beginning of the season, you suddenly get a LOT more desperate for a QB. See Bradford, Sam circa 2016.

They do! You don't want your new QB coming into the organization having to answer questions about the previous guy. Nor do you want the new guy feeling like he could be replaced at any moment.
If he's truly the man and the organization believes in him then they're going to trade Rosen asap. They're going to use that draft pick to continue to build that team.

Rosen isn't going to get more valuable with time.

They do! You don't want your new QB coming into the organization having to answer questions about the previous guy. Nor do you want the new guy feeling like he could be replaced at any moment.
If he's truly the man and the organization believes in him then they're going to trade Rosen asap. They're going to use that draft pick to continue to build that team.

Correct. His contract, and youth are both huge assets. Can't waste them.

AZ will trade Rosen this year.

Exactly. It's one thing if we're talking about a guy who has had some success before, who a good team can stick in if their QB goes down or if they want a reliable backup. In that case, a team might get desperate and give you a good draft pick for a mediocre QB. Rosen is either not a finished product or a bust already. Him sitting on the bench in Arizona will not up his trade value.

I mean I think its a moot issue anyways as I do believe he gets traded and I do think it will be for at least a second round pick.

That said, if he doesn’t get traded they all will be well versed in how to handle the media . . . Not even a concern.

Yea the main takeaway on Ryan Tannehill is if we keep him in 2019 . . . . That is $18.725 million that Steve Ross would have to come out of pocket to give Ryan.

If we cut him he comes out of pocket $0
How does that effect our spending cap?

I mean I think its a moot issue anyways as I do believe he gets traded and I do think it will be for at least a second round pick.

That said, if he doesn’t get traded they all will be well versed in how to handle the media . . . Not even a concern.

If the rumors are true that Rosen can be somewhat outspoken and doesn't play well with others then good luck with that.
The media are going to do their best to fuel that fire. Good forbid the great Murray has bad performances here and there.
What do you think is going to happen?

A smart organization neutralizes that problem before it even begins. You gain nothing by keeping Rosen at this stage.

If the rumors are true that Rosen can be somewhat outspoken and doesn't play well with others then good luck with that.
The media are going to do their best to fuel that fire. Good forbid the great Murray has bad performances here and there.
What do you think is going to happen?

A smart organization neutralizes that problem before it even begins. You gain nothing by keeping Rosen at this stage.

A smart organization also doesn’t get taken to the woodshed from a value perspective because of concern that a player can’t handle the media. A concern that really is based off assumption because he has been outspoken about many things “off the field”.

You still have an undersized QB coming in, Rosen as a backup for the next 3 years is a quality insurance policy to have if you can’t get what you want in a trade. Not to mention he’ll still have value as long as QBs continue to get injured every year.

And I guarantee you a third is not going to get it done this offseason.

Disagree strongly. There have been plenty of "multiple talented QBs" on one team that worked out just fine. EVENTUALLY one got moved. They may very well trade Rosen, but as long as there is ANY sort of market for him, they're not going to be held over a barrel for it. If Miami can get him for a third? Awesome. But if there is smoke about multiple teams having interest, there's no need to be in a rush to trade him leading up to the draft.

A smart organization also doesn’t get taken to the woodshed from a value perspective because of concern that a player can’t handle the media. A concern that really is based off assumption because he has been outspoken about many things “off the field”.

You still have an undersized QB coming in, Rosen as a backup for the next 3 years is a quality insurance policy to have if you can’t get what you want in a trade. Not to mention he’ll still have value as long as QBs continue to get injured every year.

And I guarantee you a third is not going to get it done this offseason.

We'll just have to see. But if i'm Rosen how do you think i'm feeling right now? The organization that drafted me just last year is already giving up on me? Sure, I'm perfectly content with being the backup and shutting my mouth.

Disagree strongly. There have been plenty of "multiple talented QBs" on one team that worked out just fine. EVENTUALLY one got moved. They may very well trade Rosen, but as long as there is ANY sort of market for him, they're not going to be held over a barrel for it. If Miami can get him for a third? Awesome. But if there is smoke about multiple teams having interest, there's no need to be in a rush to trade him leading up to the draft.

The closest I can recall in recent years similar to this potential situation is Drew Brees and Rivers.

I have a hard time believing Rosen goes for a 3rd round pick.

Hell I think I’m still 50/50 that the cards even trade Rosen to draft Murray. I still think there’s a possibility cards are trying to draw up interest for someone to come to #1 for Murray.

It’s no difference from the last 7 years where they didn’t have a qb. Fitzpatrick still isn’t signed. Hopefully the Dolphins land him.

Yeah thats the move thats gonna get this organization over the top haha Jesus take the wheel.

My original post suggest that Ryan Tannehill isn’t a good starting quarterback. And you are indirectly stating the same because you think his cap hit isn’t “reasonable”. There’s no “false arguement”. What are you even saying?

If he only has trade value if he was making a salary figure for that of a backup QB or a low end starter, then that speaks volumes about his value leaguewide. Washed up Joe Flacco’s cap hit is IDENTICAL to Tannehill at 26.5 million(per overthecap.com) for the 2019 season, and even he was traded for something. Give it up.

There has never been a more on point way to measure Tannehills value. I remember arguing with posters this year that Tannehill had less value than Flacco and was laughed at. Now we see who was right.

I wish the title of this thread was team contacting Dolphins about Tannehill. Damn, we never get something because we rarely have something of value, shits getting old

Back
Top Bottom