Dolphins Contacting Teams On Ryan Tannehill | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Contacting Teams On Ryan Tannehill

Right now we have no damn qb and it appears we are gonna be on the outside looking in in the draft for it also so...

Gonna be a ugly 2019

It’s no difference from the last 7 years where they didn’t have a qb. Fitzpatrick still isn’t signed. Hopefully the Dolphins land him.

Right now we have no damn qb and it appears we are gonna be on the outside looking in in the draft for it also so...

Gonna be a ugly 2019

It's darkest before the dawn. It isn't suppose to be pretty. Fix an ugly cap, draft extremely well, implement new systems. Pretty was never on our side.

And, as always, the curse of the Miami Dolphins QB.

Gonna be a ugly 2019

Hopefully...

Flores gets this year to help stack the deck. We start a Rudock, get a high pick that we can either use or trade out.

I don't know your income situation, but to me $7,000,000.00 is a lot of money!

That is already money that has been paid to him, so it wouldn’t save anything out of Ross’ pocketbook.

But yes that is a large sum of money.

If that's the case we're going to need a bigger rubber room on the forum and order extra alcohol.
You know, maybe we should just order extra alcohol anyway … just in case.

Listening to what we've heard about our plans for tanking 2019 … maybe we should get tanked too … take the edge off. In fact, let's start a tradition of 3rd-and-longnecks. That way, when we're about to throw away yet another offensive series, at least we have a reason to drink.

I would LOVE to see Fales get a shot. I've liked what I've seen in preseason. But that's not going to happen.

I have zero idea about Falk. But I'll definitely take a young prospect as a caretaker as opposed to a no-ceiling vet.

If Osweiler plays another down for us, I would cry. I know he gets a lot of love on here but I don't see what those peeps see.
I can't think of a more appropriate QB for a tanking season than Fales.

That is already money that has been paid to him, so it wouldn’t save anything out of Ross’ pocketbook.

But yes that is a large sum of money.

Yea the main takeaway on Ryan Tannehill is if we keep him in 2019 . . . . That is $18.725 million that Steve Ross would have to come out of pocket to give Ryan.

If we cut him he comes out of pocket $0

osh Rosen QB, Arizona Cardinals
NBC Sports' Peter King was told the Cardinals might only get a third-round pick for Josh Rosen.

"Probably a three," a "renowned NFL GM" told King. "Not what the Cardinals would think his value is." The Cardinals are reportedly planning to select Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick, meaning they need to trade Rosen. Owed a total of $1.98 million in base salary over the next three seasons with minimal roster bonuses, Rosen's contract will be extremely team-friendly for whichever organization trades for him. Teams with aging starters, like the Patriots and Chargers, will likely take a long look if Rosen is actually available.

osh Rosen QB, Arizona Cardinals
NBC Sports' Peter King was told the Cardinals might only get a third-round pick for Josh Rosen.

"Probably a three," a "renowned NFL GM" told King. "Not what the Cardinals would think his value is." The Cardinals are reportedly planning to select Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick, meaning they need to trade Rosen. Owed a total of $1.98 million in base salary over the next three seasons with minimal roster bonuses, Rosen's contract will be extremely team-friendly for whichever organization trades for him. Teams with aging starters, like the Patriots and Chargers, will likely take a long look if Rosen is actually available.

While that might be what teams are willing to give up . . .Arizona won’t be trading him for that.

Arizona has to eat the paid out bonuses already, so even if they trade him it will cost them $4 or $5 million on their cap more than if they just keep him.

It needs to be worth their while or I am sure they are just fine keeping him as a backup.

A trading team gets a look at him for 3 years/$6.3 million and the ability to cut at anytime with no dead money. Plus a 5th year option if he does extremely well.

That is worth a 2nd at minimum

Taking Daniel Jones or even Drew Lock in the first over Josh Rosen in a trade is meh. They’ll get a first for Rosen if they play their Cards (no pun intended) right.

While that might be what teams are willing to give up . . .Arizona won’t be trading him for that.

Arizona has to eat the paid out bonuses already, so even if they trade him it will cost them $4 or $5 million on their cap more than if they just keep him.

It needs to be worth their while or I am sure they are just fine keeping him as a backup.

A trading team gets a look at him for 3 years/$6.3 million and the ability to cut at anytime with no dead money. Plus a 5th year option if he does extremely well.

That is worth a 2nd at minimum

Taking Daniel Jones or even Drew Lock in the first over Josh Rosen in a trade is meh. They’ll get a first for Rosen if they play their Cards (no pun intended) right.

How much you want to bet? They HAVE TO get rid of him if they draft Murray!

How much you want to bet? They HAVE TO get rid of him if they draft Murray!

I am confused . . . Why?

Because if the option is backup QB vs. trade for a third. Zona is keeping him as the backup.

Yea he may not like it but he’ll also realize his chance could be at any time. Josh hasn’t earned the right to throw a fit and how he handles this will go a long way in seeing how attractive he is to teams when he becomes a FA or desired in a trade later on.

Back
Top Bottom