Dolphins cut salaries of employees | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins cut salaries of employees

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/10/2210979/blaming-lockout-dolphins-cut-salaries.html

Before Tuesday, the NFL’s lockout had seemingly only impacted players (the millionaires) and ownership (the billionaire). Now, it has also delivered a harsh blow to even the lowest level employees of the Miami Dolphins.

Team executives advised all members of the organization during a meeting Tuesday that pay cuts would immediately be issued across the board until the lockout ends, multiple sources told the Miami Herald.

Any member of the team making more than $75,000 will face a 20-percent pay cut. Those making under $75,000 face a 15-percent pay cut, and anyone below the $50,000 will be hit with a 10-percent pay cut.

The employees were told their salaries would be reinstated to their previous levels after the lockout is lifted and players return to work, sources said.

The death spiral has begun... When Henne throws 4 picks on opening night against NE, the end will be near for everyone in this organization.

This is what happens when you ignore the most important, most marketable position in all of sports for 11 years.

The death spiral has begun... When Henne throws 4 picks on opening night against NE, the end will be near for everyone in this organization.

This is what happens when you ignore the most important, most marketable position in all of sports for 11 years.
What are you talking about? Cutting the salaries has nothing to do with the QB position.

I actually commend the Dolphins for holding out on cutting salaries for as long as they did. Before today, 25 of the 32 NFL teams had cut the salaries of their employees, and Miami was one of the teams to hold out the longest. It is a shame they face a 20% pay cut, but the Jets cut their employees salary by 25% starting on day one of the lockout. Taking a 25% pay cut included head coach Rex Ryan, which means fewer offseason buffets. However the Jets said they will increase the cut to 50% if the lockout last more than three months. So come the beginning of June, a lot of Jet workers will lose half their pay.

Now every team in the AFC East has issued pay cuts and that includes the franchise everyone seems to look up to in the Patriots. The Cardinals hit their employees with a 35% cut and the Raiders with a 33% cut.

Ouch. That would really hurt. For someone making 75K, that would be $1250 a month. That is quite a bit of money

Then they better give me a refund on my season tickets until the lockout is lifted.

I bet the people upstairs aren't cutting their own salaries.

i kind of like it that the lower they made the less they cut
Hmm cutting these people that work in these programs could come back to haunt them..
these people wont be as loyal and as far as swaying public opinion owners will be seen as just caring about money..

Then they better give me a refund on my season tickets until the lockout is lifted.

I bet the people upstairs aren't cutting their own salaries.

Of course not. They had this lockout planned a long time ago which is why they secured themselves a 4.5 BILLION insurance with the TV companies in case of a lockout. They are pigs. Most of the guys affected by these cuts aren't your high profile coaches. They're mostly all assistants and trainers who will be significantly hit by this.

That's the way companies do it. Last year for Christmas, my wife got a $1500 bonus. This year, she gets 0. All the top executives in the company still got there $10 to $30 thousand dollar bonuses though. They cut all the smaller people but they kept theirs.

What a crock of ****. Stephen Ross, our billionaire owner, is a scumbag. Way to treat people, bud... I would quit if my boss was cutting my salary because of his own petty squables.

ross should have shown class and pay these people the same
it would have brought more respect to the dolphins organization

imagesqtbnANd9GcSjXZeCHHWU0EJwWOuOPAVMbc-1.jpg

That's the way companies do it. Last year for Christmas, my wife got a $1500 bonus. This year, she gets 0. All the top executives in the company still got there $10 to $30 thousand dollar bonuses though. They cut all the smaller people but they kept theirs.

Welcome to capitalism. Not sure if the Irish banking crisis was news in the U.S, but if I was to tell you about it you would not believe me. The taxpayer is now footing the €85 billion bank bailout given by the IMF to Irish banks. It's just how the capitalist system works...:(

What a crock of ****. Stephen Ross, our billionaire owner, is a scumbag. Way to treat people, bud... I would quit if my boss was cutting my salary because of his own petty squables.

yeah lynch him up. social justice! he doesn't deserve that money he earned. He should pay employees that are sitting at home doing nothing. They should be happy they are getting what they are getting for doing nothing. get real. Some of you guys live in disney world.

I think some people are missing the big picture here. The owners voted to lock out that players (and have been preparing for the lockout for quite some time). They have effectively caused this entire situation. Sure you could put some of the blame on the players, but at the end of the day it was the owners that halted the NFL business. So now because of their decision the low end employees have to have their pay cut. I don't blame any fan for not wanting to buy season tickets. Every season ticket holder accross the NFL should ask for a refund if they've already paid. If the owners can't guarantee to put product on the field, then we shouldn't buy said product. That's capitalism.

Maybe Ross should sell one of his yachts in order to keep up salaries. Or one of his vacation homes, or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom