Dolphins cut salaries of employees | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins cut salaries of employees

What he SHOULD have done if he needed to make cuts was to offer 4 day work weeks. Optional unpaid furloughs. etc. There are MANY methods that would have been much better for employee morale without firing half the staff than a sucker punch like this. This should have been the 2nd to last option, not the first one.

If you commend Ross for this, I would hate to ever be your employee... This isn't how you treat good workers, plain and simple.

So now you know the inner workings of the accounting for a football franchise? I have an accounting degree, and yet, I would not assume that I know the inner workings of a football team to suggest what is the best method of making an employee feel better. Its not about making your employees feeling better. Its about cutting back until the situation gets resolved. Instead, people like yourselft are going to just keep feeding the fire as if this is Ross' fault. He is not alone. This whole deal is coming crashing down, and this one aint on the owners, its really the lawyer and the judges who are putting forth their insane objection that players are not compensated enough. That is a joke in and of itself. So they want to kill football, Thats on them! Owners can simply take their money and run. Like Huizeinga did.

how bout lockout + bad economy = bad business environment ????

How bout imagine your the owner and someone high up in NFL offices is telling you there is a 50-50 chance this lockout shuts off football for a year? you still think that its just hunky dori to keep thinking everything will be allright? How bout those poeples jobs should the NFL shut down? Why dont you call some high ups in the NHL and ask what they had to do? They had to shut down operations!!!!!! so yeah, your right, its cus of the lockout. So? What is the diff as long as the reason is a damn good one! No smart businessman or woman would operate without extreme caution on the future of payments and revenue.

No smart businessman would play with fire like this for the potential for increased earnings down the road. IF they shutdown for the season, they will lose MUCH more money than they stand to gain by a new deal with the players. If there is one thing that could destroy the NFL for years to come, its a lockout. Fans will NOT come flocking back like hypnotized zombies when they reopen for business. A complete shutdown will have the same effect on the NFL that it did for the MLB and NHL. It will take several years for them to get back to the spot where they are now.

If the Lockout happens, people will move on. We are a fickle bunch. We will find other things to occupy our time, and heck, we might find that we enjoy it more than the NFL. College Football looks to profit immensely from all this. MMA, NBA, heck, even the NHL will all canibalize the NFL's market share.

The owner's are taking a huge risk with this, and at the expense of the middle class workers that are helping run the business day to day. They are putting countless livelihoods at stake for the CHANCE of increasing their profits in the future. However, as stated, if they take the nuclear option, they will NEVER see those increased profits, and everyone will suffer as a result.

Negotiate. That is the only answer.

And, I dont commend Ross or hate Ross for doing this. I am sure other teams will follow his lead. I am sure his move today just made some poeple really wary of what is coming and yet they did nothing about it. I am sure the media will side with players and make all owners evil. you can take that to the bank. the media is so predictable....like belichick is a genius, not a cheater....lol!

What he SHOULD have done if he needed to make cuts was to offer 4 day work weeks. Optional unpaid furloughs. etc. There are MANY methods that would have been much better for employee morale without firing half the staff than a sucker punch like this. This should have been the 2nd to last option, not the first one.

If you commend Ross for this, I would hate to ever be your employee... This isn't how you treat good workers, plain and simple.

Whether it is a 20% cut off your salary, unpaid leave of absence or 4 day work weeks, the people are still going to see a reduction in their pay. It doesn't matter what method you choose, the end result is still the same.

Also, it isn't like this is a permanent pay cut for these people, it is just until the lockout is over. Which may be less than a month away.

Giving an unpaid leave of absence doesn't accomplish anything unless you are shutting down the entire office until the lockout is over. What if you give the employee 1 the first week off and plan on giving employee 2 the second week off and the lockout ends before the start of next week? Now employee 1 lost wages while employee 2 never lost anything. It is different if you have a set length that these cuts will happen, but with the uncertainty of the lockout, you can't make that decision.

Lets say you are making $75,000 a year, which is 1,442 a week. You just got hit with a 20% pay cut, so now you are making roughly $1,154 a week which is a loss of $288 per week. It is exactly the same loss as if you would make them work 4 days a week. Why not keep your employees in the office? Also, say the lockout last into the first week of June, they are only going to lose 20% off of one month. That is 1.5% of the entire yearly salary.

And, I dont commend Ross or hate Ross for doing this. I am sure other teams will follow his lead. I am sure his move today just made some poeple really wary of what is coming and yet they did nothing about it. I am sure the media will side with players and make all owners evil. you can take that to the bank. the media is so predictable....like belichick is a genius, not a cheater....lol!
No team needs to follow Ross, most of them did what he did a month or two ago. The Jets owner cut his employees pay by 25% the first day of the lockout and plans to cut their pay by 50% starting in June. No one talks about that, yet Ross is the evil villain.

No team needs to follow Ross, most of them did what he did a month or two ago. The Jets owner cut his employees pay by 25% the first day of the lockout and plans to cut their pay by 50% starting in June. No one talks about that, yet Ross is the evil villain.

Cant disagree there. We really do live in a world divided in two. Those who think CK is god, and those who think he is just another talking head.

No smart businessman would play with fire like this for the potential for increased earnings down the road. IF they shutdown for the season, they will lose MUCH more money than they stand to gain by a new deal with the players. If there is one thing that could destroy the NFL for years to come, its a lockout. Fans will NOT come flocking back like hypnotized zombies when they reopen for business. A complete shutdown will have the same effect on the NFL that it did for the MLB and NHL. It will take several years for them to get back to the spot where they are now.

If the Lockout happens, people will move on. We are a fickle bunch. We will find other things to occupy our time, and heck, we might find that we enjoy it more than the NFL. College Football looks to profit immensely from all this. MMA, NBA, heck, even the NHL will all canibalize the NFL's market share.

The owner's are taking a huge risk with this, and at the expense of the middle class workers that are helping run the business day to day. They are putting countless livelihoods at stake for the CHANCE of increasing their profits in the future. However, as stated, if they take the nuclear option, they will NEVER see those increased profits, and everyone will suffer as a result.

Negotiate. That is the only answer.

yeah but when the players were offered a great deal and they refused that is considered negotiating? your premise is that the owners shut this thing off when in actuality, they both did! There is no justice in this country anymore. There are only lawyers, Politicians, and judges who are bought off to rule a certain way. The Player rep knew this coming in. Why? Cus he's been down this road before and it worked! Now its time for him to collect on a huge payday taking the NFL for a ride! Negotiate? how bout Propitiate! You will do as I say cus I am god!

You people on this forum complain more than a room full of women on their period.
Are you losing any money/sleep over this or any of the issues with the NFL? NO
Can you do anything to change or help the problems? NO
Are you still going to watch football and go to the games after the lockout? YES
Are you going to support your DOLPHINS no matter what the organization does? YES

So Stop complaining about **** that really doesn't affect you or your families because you're not in the same shoes as the player that are suffering from this situation.

I think this sucks as a dolphin fan. Ross is the 2nd wealthiest owner in the NFL with over 3 Billion in the bank and I believe Forbes had him as the 277th wealthiest person in the world. I feel bad for those employees, when you're only making 50,000 a year, a 10% pay cut is huge. And I don't care that 25 of the other 32 teams are doing this too, it doesn't mean we HAVE to do it too. Plus it says that the employees will only make their money up if the dolphins reach their sales goals this year. Just a low class move IMO.

I think this sucks as a dolphin fan. Ross is the 2nd wealthiest owner in the NFL with over 3 Billion in the bank and I believe Forbes had him as the 277th wealthiest person in the world. I feel bad for those employees, when you're only making 50,000 a year, a 10% pay cut is huge. And I don't care that 25 of the other 32 teams are doing this too, it doesn't mean we HAVE to do it too. Plus it says that the employees will only make their money up if the dolphins reach their sales goals this year. Just a low class move IMO.

Would your boss pay your salary if your company had to shut down for some time? Im pretty sure NO. Just because Ross is wealthy doesnt mean he needs to give his money away. He's a very smart business man and wouldnt be in his position if he was doing stupid **** like giving away his money jus because he "is the 2nd wealthiest owner in the NFL with over 3 Billion in the bank......and the 277th wealthiest person in the world."

THINK PEOPLE THINK!!!

Would your boss pay your salary if your company had to shut down for some time? Im pretty sure NO. Just because Ross is wealthy doesnt mean he needs to give his money away. He's a very smart business man and wouldnt be in his position if he was doing stupid **** like giving away his money jus because he "is the 2nd wealthiest owner in the NFL with over 3 Billion in the bank......and the 277th wealthiest person in the world."

THINK PEOPLE THINK!!!

Well if we are the 26th team to do this, I can think of 6 other bosses than are still supporting their employees. And for someone as wealthy as him, I'd like to think he could give up some his pocket change for the next couple of months to help out families that probably need that money a lot more than he does.

America is screwed we are a service society
we don't make things anymore and corporations make all these factory deals with the Chinese..

Pretty soon our football players will be outsourced and we will have football players from india and china..
And we will have yoga during halftime and the game will be changed to karate ball..

Well if we are the 26th team to do this, I can think of 6 other bosses than are still supporting their employees. And for someone as wealthy as him, I'd like to think he could give up some his pocket change for the next couple of months to help out families that probably need that money a lot more than he does.

I would like to know the 6 teams that haven't cut yet!
props to the owner that holds out the most..
i have a feeling greenbay is one of them..

Both the palmbeachpost and sun-sentinel are reporting we are only potentially the 12th team to cut employee wages. Don't know who put the 25 out of 32 teams have done this but that information looks inaccurate from what I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom