Dolphins cut salaries of employees | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins cut salaries of employees

The honorable thing would be that these cuts extend to everyone else. Up until, say, if you make above 1M a year, you get a 70% cut.

My company did this once, during the crash of '94 (I live in Mexico). As senior executives, we took higher pay cuts than the employees, though everyone chipped in. It hurt quite a bit in the short term (I remember considering selling my house to get by) but by the end of the crisis we had a very loyal workforce, one that up to this day keeps us running strong - and one that supported us years later when we faced some tough times internally.

It's not just the moral thing to do. It's smart business.

Here is something for you to chew on. Would you rather Ross reduce the low level employees salaries during a time WHEN THE ARE NOT WORKING, or would you rather continue to pay them and Ross hold back in spending money in free agency.

To say Ross is being greedy or cheap is not true. He is losing money during the lockout also, it is just that he is a billionaire so no one feels bad for him. At least these employees who are not working are still getting paid something, he did not lay them off.

Here is something for you to chew on. Would you rather Ross reduce the low level employees salaries during a time WHEN THE ARE NOT WORKING, or would you rather continue to pay them and Ross hold back in spending money in free agency.

To say Ross is being greedy or cheap is not true. He is losing money during the lockout also, it is just that he is a billionaire so no one feels bad for him. At least these employees who are not working are still getting paid something, he did not lay them off.

Which employees aren't working? Other than those directly involved with the football side such as equipment managers and trainers? All of the office employees are getting their pay cut. They're still working trying to sell tickets, plan team functions, finalize season travel plans, etc. Did Mike Dee's pay get cut?

Sure Ross is losing money during this lockout, but its a lockout of his own (and other owners') making. If you make your own bed then you sleep in it. He isn't losing money because of a down turn in the market or because the players went on strike, or due to any other issue that was outside of his control. He's losing money because of a direct decision he made to halt his own business. Now the little guy has to pay for his decision.

yeah lynch him up. social justice! he doesn't deserve that money he earned. He should pay employees that are sitting at home doing nothing. They should be happy they are getting what they are getting for doing nothing. get real. Some of you guys live in disney world.

Are they doing nothing? It is my understanding that these are regular every day employees we are talking about here, not the players. We are talking about the people who show up every day trying to sell tickets for this sorry team. People cleaning the offices, coming up with marketing plans, etc. THEY ARE WORKING! They aren't sitting around with their thumbs up their ***. The owners brought this **** on themselves and now they want to slash the salaries of people who help make the business run? Eff em.

I am as big a fan of capitalism and the free market as you will find. I understand that companies need to make tough decisions in these times. Heck, my company has a pay freeze and I understand it. But this is different. This is a direct result of the lockout, something the owners instituted, and itstead of biting the bullet for the time being, moneybags Ross takes it out the pockets of regular schmoes trying to make ends meet? Seriously, screw that guy..

Even *if* they weren't working, he along with the other 30 owners caused this. Sure, it's his company, he has a right to do whatever he wants. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

And as to free agency? Ask that question to the guy losing money. People are barely making ends meet, then get hit with this crap, and you worry about free agency? Hell, if it meant he kept every employee's salary intact, I'd be proud that he spent zero in FA.

As someone else said, once upon a time this was a class franchise. Apparently class is dead.

This is more of a general statement, but all the negative press we get is starting to wear me down. Cutting salaries? Come on Steven Ross take care of the people who have tried to take care of you.

I've read that this has caused the morale of Dolphins workers to plummet ....

If they had any brains (sigh) ... they should have them work a 4-day week & keep the cuts as-is.

Still painful, but fair & far more palatable ... makes employees think they're NOT Being Taken Advantage Of ... in a difficult situation.

This is risky for the teams that are implementing these cuts.

When you cut pay across the board you risk losing your best employees. Once gone, alot of the people will not come back when thing get back to normal.

I think I would keep salaries right where they are and find some busy work, "yeah I know you have cleaned that toilet 5 times already but jut look at it once more for me".

I am sure the owners realize this so I am now concerned that they secretly expect the season wont happen.

Hey I might be a republican but this theme of the rich in this country getting to pay less while the average American has to absorb the hit using the excuse that the rich American may take his jobs somewhere else is getting old. If the rich feel that way have them move out of our county and conduct all their business elseware and not be allowed to do business here. We may need to cut back but it should be a cut accross the board for everyone and from what I am smelling the rich in this country are starting to call too many of the shots. Its time to vote those who support them out of office.

This still sickens me. I am seriously debating supporting this team any more while this dope Ross is still in charge. I seriously cannot believe he is affecting the lives of some of his most loyal employees for what amounts to ONE rookie's signing bonus over something HE BROUGHT ON HIMSELF! a 20% paycut for a guy making 75k could be the difference between paying for a child's school or not. When a billionaire treats the little guys like this, it truly shows his character.

I honestly hope a dolphin rapes him the next time he takes a dip in the ocean when he is out for a spin on one of his multi-million dollar yachts.

This still sickens me. I am seriously debating supporting this team any more while this dope Ross is still in charge. I seriously cannot believe he is affecting the lives of some of his most loyal employees for what amounts to ONE rookie's signing bonus over something HE BROUGHT ON HIMSELF! a 20% paycut for a guy making 75k could be the difference between paying for a child's school or not. When a billionaire treats the little guys like this, it truly shows his character.

I honestly hope a dolphin rapes him the next time he takes a dip in the ocean when he is out for a spin on one of his multi-million dollar yachts.

Your issue shouldn't be with Ross personally, it should be with the NFL owners in general. Over 80% of NFL owners have cut salaries just like Ross did. Some though did it a month or two ago and some did way more than 20%. Let's not make this an anti-Ross argument, because it isn't like he is one of 32 owners that did this, he is one of 26 that did this.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah lynch him up. social justice! he doesn't deserve that money he earned. He should pay employees that are sitting at home doing nothing. They should be happy they are getting what they are getting for doing nothing. get real. Some of you guys live in disney world.

ross should put his workforce to work volunteering in inner city projects in miami
homes for the homeless, food drives, conduct brainstorming meetings of how they can use this time to get an advantage
have his workers build the waterpark ;p

I don't think that office workers count towards a salary cap. But you're right at least he didn't lay them off because who can live off $200 a week from unemployment.

Back
Top Bottom