Dolphins cuts thread | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins cuts thread

I am 1000% on board to be the worst team in the league for a year or two. I’m here for this long ride

Why? Bc the capital we have amassed has the potential to create a future that is completely worth the wait.

I like Grier, don’t love him. I like most of what he’s done Since taking over. I question his evaluation skills - and hope like hell this new staff carries a large part of influence when it comes to building this new roster in the coming years.

I think Grier has the negotiation skills, decisiveness and personal make up to be a good gm and build this team right. I just need others to carry the weight in player evals.

Crawford played in all 16 games for the Packers in 2018. He led the team with 13 special teams tackles.

Despite making the initial 53-man roster on Saturday, Crawford was deemed expendable when Goodson – a fourth-year linebacker with 20 career starts – became available. The Packers needed veteran depth at the position, especially with Oren Burks out for the first month or more of the season.

Crawford was a core special teams player but struggled to develop at inside linebacker. He specifically had problems in coverage and playing in space during the Packers’ four preseason games this summer.

Crawford will likely become an asset for new Dolphins special teams coordinator Danny Crossman. He’ll also be reunited with defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, who coached inside linebackers and was the run game coordinator for the Packers last season.

Wow, I'm surprised at this one. He did well in preseason with I think 5 sacks? They're really going for ST's players with Crawford and the guy we got from Houston as well. We will be covering a lot of punts this year tho.....lol

We'll see how it all works out. I would have kept Orchard around, but nobody has ever lost sleep because they didn't have Nate Orchard in the lineup. If your team is such that it's going to suffer by not having a player like Nate Orchard around, the odds are your team wasn't that good to begin with. With all these dbs and linebackers that excell in special teams being added you would think there's no need to keep a player like Walt AIkens around. Aikens is great on special teams but gives you little as a db option.

Last edited:
Massive turnover in the roster in the past few days. Effectively, 11 new players (ie 21% of the roster) have been added:

- Johnson Bademosi - DB emphasis on Special Teams

- Vince Biegel - LB - traded from New Orleans for Kiko

- Evan Boehm - OG

- James Crawford - LB

- Julien Davenport - OT

- Danny Isidora - OG

- John Jenkins - DT

- Deon Lacey - LB

- Avery Moss - LB

- Steven Parker - DB

- Taylor Pepper - LS

- Ken Webster - DB

Last edited:
We'll see how it all works out. I would have kept Orchard around, but nobody has ever lost sleep because they didn't have Nate Orchard in the lineup. If your team is such that it's going to suffer by not having a player like Nate Orchard around, the odds are your team wasn't that good to begin with. With all these dbs and linebackers that excell in special teams being added you would think there's no need to keep a player like Walt AIkens around. Aikens is great on special teams but gives you little as a db option.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure the staff knows that we're not gonna be very good on offense this year. ST's is one unit that can help you a lot so I believe they're trying to make that a strong unit.

We’re playing our first REGULAR SEASON game on Sunday and I literally couldn’t name half the roster.

source.gif

Back
Top Bottom