Dolphins' draft class ranked one of the worst in 2023 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' draft class ranked one of the worst in 2023

cam Smith was a great pick, X maybe gone next year and they had no dept behind X and Jones so it will work out.
I heard the same thing when we drafted iggy. I’m not comparing the two, Smith is a much better prospect. I’m just saying I think off ball LB is weaker on this roster and Sanders would’ve help fill that need.

Funny, but someone started a thread several pages back linking to a tweet from a media member proclaiming the Dolphins 2023 draft among those netting the best value.

Is that guy now wrong, because of this new article?

One, IDK why so many care about and get worked up over the opinions of countless media writers.

Two, do we really need this forum littered with new threads every time a media writer praises or disses this team’s draft?

They are just opinions! And with countless media pundits out there on social media and in front of TV cameras — this place is going to be overrun with ”this person said this…” threads constantly.

Just a suggestion, but couldn’t the moderators consolidate these repetitive threads into one super thread? They’re all on the same topic, just differing opinions.

That’s typically how I see it done elsewhere, to keep things manageable and all in one uniform topic. Otherwise it’s difficult to follow.

What an opinionated post to write. Especially considering neither of those players have played a down in the NFL.

Ridiculous post!

Im sorry I thought the “IMO” part was implied. Regardless This is a message board where we share opinions about our team. So tell me please, how is your post and less opinionated or ridiculous than mine? I simply stated I agree with the 29 other evaluators that our draft was underwhelming and I gave my reason why. You know, stating my opinion in a thread about their opinions. Sheesh!

Who knows at this point.

But some had Smith as a 1st round talent.

So, Miami got a 1st round talent in the 2nd.
In the 3rd drafted a RB who is being universally described a great pick fir Miami.

Add that to Chubb in the 1st
Ramsey in the 3rd.

Take them out.

Getting a potential 1st round talent in the late 2nd, and Achane in the 3rd?

Potential alone. No way you can claim its a bust based on value alone.

Just my opinion.

We didn't need sanders, Van Ginkel will be that guy now.AVG was just moved inside.

Based on the timing, I think that’s more if an indictment on Tindall than a belief that AVG the answer. I like AVG as a player, he smart and plays hard. However I don’t have any evidence he has the instincts for the position, which is a concern for Tindall based on his tape.

I guess I’m a little higher on the return of Needham and Trill. I thought with Kohou and those 2 we should be able to have 5 corners to work with a possibly move one to safety and make him a utility defender.

With MLB we have Long and a bunch of replacement bevel guys. Adding Sanders could fill that empty slot and give us some insurance in case Long, who has an injury history, goes down.

Based on the timing, I think that’s more if an indictment on Tindall than a belief that AVG the answer. I like AVG as a player, he smart and plays hard. However I don’t have any evidence he has the instincts for the position, which is a concern for Tindall based on his tape.

I guess I’m a little higher on the return of Needham and Trill. I thought with Kohou and those 2 we should be able to have 5 corners to work with a possibly move one to safety and make him a utility defender.

With MLB we have Long and a bunch of replacement bevel guys. Adding Sanders could fill that empty slot and give us some insurance in case Long, who has an injury history, goes down.
You see Sanders as a Mike? Maybe we’re talking about the wrong guy, he played the same position in college as Gink does as a pro

Van ginkel is just a good football player who has the potential to become very good, with these kind of players it doesn’t matter where you put them, it’s all the same, just need to know the plays and they’ll figure it out

You see Sanders as a Mike? Maybe we’re talking about the wrong guy, he played the same position in college as Gink does as a pro

Van ginkel is just a good football player who has the potential to become very good, with these kind of players it doesn’t matter where you put them, it’s all the same, just need to know the plays and they’ll figure it out

Yes Drew Sanders of Arkansas did play outside 2 seasons ago. Last season he moved inside for the most part. He showed the kind of instincts necessary for the position and would fit in well in Fangio’s defense as a movable chess piece. AVG has primarily played outside. Moving inside is a possibility but I haven’t seen him do it yet. Perhaps he can make that transition perhaps he can’t. I just really liked what I saw from Sanders and think mlb is more if a need than corner right now. Time will tell but I did have to factor Grier into the equation.

Content for the sake of making content.

The biggest drawback of the internet is every dope with an opinion can post a blog and expect people to take it as gospel. I don't even bother reading most of them.

Yes Drew Sanders of Arkansas did play outside 2 seasons ago. Last season he moved inside for the most part. He showed the kind of instincts necessary for the position and would fit in well in Fangio’s defense as a movable chess piece. AVG has primarily played outside. Moving inside is a possibility but I haven’t seen him do it yet. Perhaps he can make that transition perhaps he can’t. I just really liked what I saw from Sanders and think mlb is more if a need than corner right now. Time will tell but I did have to factor Grier into the equation.
I lobbied for Malcom Rodriguez and Leo Chenal as later round picks the last couple years..

We all fall on deaf ears

Not going to bother as it sounds like an AI produced hit without taking everything into consideration. Or just some idiot, which is worse.

F them picks.
Your AI thought may be accurate.
I saw an AI write up of a baseball game. Amazing or scary or both.

Funny, but someone started a thread several pages back linking to a tweet from a media member proclaiming the Dolphins 2023 draft among those netting the best value.

Is that guy now wrong, because of this new article?

One, IDK why so many care about and get worked up over the opinions of countless media writers.

Two, do we really need this forum littered with new threads every time a media writer praises or disses this team’s draft?

They are just opinions! And with countless media pundits out there on social media and in front of TV cameras — this place is going to be overrun with ”this person said this…” threads constantly.

Just a suggestion, but couldn’t the moderators consolidate these repetitive threads into one super thread? They’re all on the same topic, just differing opinions.

That’s typically how I see it done elsewhere, to keep things manageable and all in one uniform topic. Otherwise it’s difficult to follow.
All true but what else do we have to do until August?

Did you have Sanders as a better prospect than Smith overall? I get that there is always some balance between best prospect available vs need, but in this situation I can’t fault them for taking arguably the best prospect available at a premium position despite the lack of need currently. If other players at need positions were ranked a decent amount lower than Smith then it’s all good in my book.

Back
Top Bottom