Dolphins Final Cuts | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Final Cuts

We still have too many LB's and DT's. Someone's got to go.

The OL looks like the starters, Garner, Dallas, Fox, Turner (who is hurting), and Pouncey (who cannot play). Can't see that staying the same.

Yeah Dallas Thomas is another bad pick by Ireland...and I have a feeling will davis is gonna get torched this year...he's a better player and more confident but I still don't think he's ready to deal with top 3 wrs every week and not get smoked by legit #1s...I think sirens are gonna go off when they see him across from legitimate players

The OL looks like the starters, Garner, Dallas, Fox, Turner (who is hurting), and Pouncey (who cannot play). Can't see that staying the same.

Fox might be just a place holder until they looks at some other guys. Turner is supposedly ready to go according to Armondo.

Dolphins also are auditioning tight ends this weekend, including undrafted Central Arkansas rookie Chase Dixon (six TD catches in 7 games last year before breaking his leg, cut by Seattle recently) and Jacob Maxwell, an undrafted rookie from Louisiana-Lafayette who was released by the Detriot Lions when they signed ex-Dolphins TE Michael Egnew this past week.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ble-cuts-around-the-league.html#storylink=cpy

Recap

The Dolphins have also cut defensive back Kevin Fogg. No surprise there.

[Update: Wide receiver Matt Hazel has been cut, according to a source. Hazel is the first of GM Dennis Hickey's draft picks to be cut. He made a push to make the team on Thursday night with a nice game. But the numbers are working against him. He is a practice squad possibility.]

[Update: Source tells me rookie free agent DT Anthony Johnson is expected to make the team. Remember, however, what you read previously about Tuesday. Fellow rookie defensive lineman Tevin Mims has been cut.]

[Update: Source tells me backup offensive tackle Jason Fox is expected to make the team. Remember, however, what you read previously about Tuesday.]

[Update: Source tells me fourth-round pick Walt Aikens is expected to make the team. Remember, however, what you read previously about Tuesday.]

[Update: The Dolphins have told TE Gator Hoskins' agent the player has made the team, as seemed likely yesterday when Kyle Miller was cut.]

[Update: The Dolphins are cutting QB Seth Lobato, per Barry Jackson. No surprise here. I reported here and here the Dolphins were likely to keep only two QBs with another on practice squad.]

[Update: Central Arkansas tight end Chase Dixon, cut recently by the Seattle Seahawks, is scheduled to come to South Florida for a workout. He tweeted about the trip. Dix is 6-5 and 242 pounds and caught four TD passes despite playing in run-heavy offense last year.]

[Update: DL Isaako Aaitui has been cut, according to his agent.]

[Update: Offensive linemen Dave Arkin and Tony Hills have been cut.]

[Update: Backup center Sam Brenner has been cut, according to The Herald's Barry Jackson. Assuming that is true, the Dolphins will have cut their second-team center (Brenner) and third-team center (Arkin) today. That strongly suggests center Mike Pouncey will come off PUP and the team hopes to have him ready by the fourth game of the season. In the meantime, Nate Garner can serve as the backup center.]

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...reach-toward-53-man-roster.html#storylink=cpy

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 16s
Dolphins have informed DE D'Aundre Reed he has been released.That's 18 cuts,1 IR. 2 or 3 more moves needed, depending on Pouncey's status

Jeff Ireland was ****ing terrible at his job.

Something I argued since 2009 but there were a lot of supporters of his on here that thought he was great.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 16s
Dolphins have informed DE D'Aundre Reed he has been released.That's 18 cuts,1 IR. 2 or 3 more moves needed, depending on Pouncey's status

Forgot about him. We're getting closer.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 10s
Rishard Matthews will not be traded, I'm told in no uncertain terms. He'll be on the 53.

Can't beat Daytona and not even gonna try anymore. :lol:

Glad that this team isn't gonna get dumb with Rishard.

Back
Top Bottom