Dolphins Final Cuts | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Final Cuts

Thomas and Fox both making it over Brenner surprises me. I get that Brenner is limited to an interior spot and they need backup help at tackle, but IMO Brenner is the best of those 3 guys.

Man I wish we made a play for Hurst or Henderson which I was a broken record about through the entire draft process.

Dallas Thomas is not a horrible athlete. I saw him get to the second level at times in preseason. Maybe Coach Benton thinks he can get him stronger at the POA in a year or so of more rigorous strength training. The staff must think they see some potential to keep Dallas over Brenner.

As for Fox, I actually thought Hills showed more. Fox was a 4th round pick out of the U a few years ago but any ability he had has been destroyed by a litany of injuries.

I think backup swing tackle is a likely target area in final cuts with Fox headed for the exits.

I would cut Wilson, Wheeler, and Dallas Thomas. Then I would cut Lamar Miller and sign Green Ellis or LeShoure.

You're on the right track. I don't think they are getting rid of Miller but this is a make or break year. If he doesn't pick it up, what just happened to Daniel Thomas will happen to Miller. He needs to show better hands, run through tackles, and block better. I'd also like the coaches to get him the ball in space. We can't keep running average to below average backs out there every week. There are plentiful backs every year. Miller needs to man up. With Daniel Thomas gone he's going to have a bullseye as the next whipping boy of the fan base if he keeps up his middling play.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 46s
As noted, Dolphins don't need to count Dion Jordan or Reshad Jones on 53 while they serve 4-game suspensions, according to the team.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 17s
That's a big decision for the #Dolphins to give Pro Bowl C Mike Pouncey a roster spot. That means his hip rehab is going well.

This is good news. IMO we'll see Punce by week 3 vs KC or at the very least week 4 vs Oakland.

I think we sign a LB and RB this weekend and Fox and Darkwa get waived (Darkwa to the PS)

The persistant rumors of Matthews and us keeping 5 WRs, I could see us moving him for a 6th rounder. I sure hope not

Name Pos.
Davis, Will CB
Finnegan, Cortland CB
Grimes, Brent CB
Taylor, Jamar CB
Fede, Terrence DE
Shelby, Derrick DE
Vernon, Olivier DE
Wake, Cameron DE
Johnson, Anthony DT
Mitchell, Earl DT
Odrick, Jared DT
Starks, Randy DT
Ellerbe, Dannell LB
Freeny, Jonathan LB
Jenkins, Jelani LB
McCain, Chris LB
Misi, Koa LB
Tripp, Jordan LB
Trusnik, Jason LB
Wheeler, Philip LB
Satele, Samson OL
Colledge, Daryn OL
Garner, Nate OL
Smith, Shelley OL
Thomas, Dallas OL
Turner, Billy OL
Albert, Branden OL
Fox, Jason OL
James, Ja'Wuan OL
Moore, Matt QB
Tannehill, Ryan QB
Darkwa, Orleans RB
Miller, Lamar RB
Moreno, Knowshon RB
Williams, Damien RB
Aikens, Walt S
Delmas, Louis S
Jones, Don S
Thomas, Michael S
Wilson, Jimmy S
Sturgis, Caleb ST
Denney, John ST
Fields, Brandon ST
Clay, Charles TE
Hoskins, Harold TE
Sims, Dion TE
Gibson, Brandon WR
Hartline, Brian WR
Landry, Jarvis WR
Matthews, Rishard WR
Wallace, Mike WR
Williams, Damian WR

Jeff Ireland was ****ing terrible at his job.

What's hilarious is that everyone with a brain in their head realizes this by now... yet people still expect this team -- made up of his picks/signings, mostly -- to go something like 10-6 and compete for the playoffs and maybe make a run.

It's just a stunning disconnect... it's as if people think Jeff Ireland was stocking the vending machines instead of, you know, picking the players.

I think the utter failure of the OL to run block really helped the Dolphins get comfortable about not using the short IR on Pouncey in hope he can come back a game or two earlier.

Fox as a vet on the active roster? Yikes. Vested vet.

Won't satella get cut when pouncey comes back?

His money will be guaranteed so I guess if he fits somewhere he sticks…if he is bad and you need a roster spot you might release him.

Looks like Omar was dead on about Pouncey killing his rehab assignment. Great news, we need him back ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom