Dolphins headed back to London in 2015 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins headed back to London in 2015

listening to wfan in ny, just confirmed fins jets october 4th.

that means another early bye week, just like this year

is an early bye bad? really a bye that early is basically midseason when you factor in training camp.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Christ, really? thought it started first weekend in September. that's such a late start. :tubes:

I miss the days when they would start Labor Day weekend.

This year's slogan: #strongertogether
Next year's slogan: #betteroffalone

He renovates the stadium and in its first year gives up one of the marquee home games. :bobdole:
This is surreal.
I don't think the full renovation will be complete until 2016 season.

What a ****ing joke. Now we lose a home divisional game. Seriously, what the **** NFL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A home game against one of our biggest divisional rivals gets taken away... so maybe we can host a Super Bowl?

Ross gon' Ross. How does Miami hosting the Super Bowl benefit the Dolphins or me as a fan? Not one ****ing bit. All it does is make it more likely we lose a division game. What an asshat.

I don't think the full renovation will be complete until 2016 season.

The majority will be done by the 2015 season. I assume that the roof is last to go on (2016). Thus the seating relocation should be almost complete by next year.
Unless there is something which we don't know yet (construction mess during the season).

A home game against one of our biggest divisional rivals gets taken away... so maybe we can host a Super Bowl?

Ross gon' Ross. How does Miami hosting the Super Bowl benefit the Dolphins or me as a fan? Not one ****ing bit. All it does is make it more likely we lose a division game. What an asshat.

The only thing I will say is that I like the stadium renovations that move seats in closer and give the fans some cover from the sun. If losing ONE game to London is the price we have to pay for that, that makes it a lot more palatable. I just wish it wasn't the Jets game. Make it one of the dang NFC games.

Stephen Ross has agreed to this in the hope of getting the Super Bowl to Miami in a few years. It is a good business deal for the Dolphins and the success of this year's trip to London showed that we can go there with confidence.
Ross' conclusion - (a) grab the money from the attractive London offer (it's a straight bribe), (b) take the win over the Jets (we have a better team), (c) Miami moves up the order to host the Super Bowl plus (d) expose Commissioner Roger Goodell as a blatant shakedown merchant for everyone to see and accelerate his exit. (a) + (b) + (c) + (d) = win + win + win + win

Our owner is a very smart businessman and he knows what he's doing.
-

The only thing I will say is that I like the stadium renovations that move seats in closer and give the fans some cover from the sun. If losing ONE game to London is the price we have to pay for that, that makes it a lot more palatable. I just wish it wasn't the Jets game. Make it one of the dang NFC games.

Couldn't disagree more, actually. The stadium patch only makes it more likely we're going to stay in a failed facility for even longer rather than tearing it down and starting over again, preferably somewhere else. The stadium patch is itself a net negative.

And I wouldn't trade some comfort for a win against the Jets anyway. Comfort is overrated. Give me a victory. I don't care if I have to wear a barrel and be surrounded by people who smell like pickles.

This is BS. We lose a home game in the heat against the jets where we have a great advantage, we have another early bye, and you would never see New England going to London early in the season and losing a home game. this is just not fair.

So Ross is doing it for an extra raffle ticket for the SuperBowl and to push for more ticket sales for this years Jets game which is far from sold out. Maybe more people will show up on Dec 28th knowing that our next home game against the Jets is played across the pond.

Has anyone ever played a division game in London yet?
Why does Miami have to do it and, even worse, why does it have to be a Miami home game.
Unreal....

So Ross is doing it for an extra raffle ticket for the SuperBowl and to push for more ticket sales for this years Jets game which is far from sold out. Maybe more people will show up on Dec 28th knowing that our next home game against the Jets is played across the pond.

Basically.

Although I'm told from a friend that the NFL gives teams that go to London big money to make up for lost revenue on parking, food, tickets, etc.

Wow. This is utter, absolute horse ****. How can you take away a home game from a team in a division rivalry? That's a terrible job by the NFL. Really bad.

Did Ross have any say in who we played?

Anyway, we got a huge advantage in playing a west coast team over there this year and a few years ago Buffalo gave up a home game to play us in Toronto, so we aren't doing too badly on the "fairness" scale overall. The Jets will be in disarray next year too, likely playing a rookie QB. If Tannehill continues to improve we'll be a good team with experience in traveling there. If Tannehill goes to **** then we'll be in disarray too with a new staff, so the game likely won't mean much.

Back
Top Bottom