Dolphins hire a high school coach, with a link to the Patriots | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hire a high school coach, with a link to the Patriots

Wonder if he has coached up any kids in college now or in the nfl

One thing is clear though, with some of these moves Flores has put himself more in the line of fire than he would have been otherwise.

If they succeed, it will be a feather in his cap, but if they flame out people will wonder why he shook things up after year one like this in the first place, especially OC.

I would like to think Coach Flores is aware that making such moves could back-fire. But i appreciate his willingness to not stay with the status quo if he feels it's not in the best interest of the team.

I appreciate he's not willing to play it safe and protect his job by the mechanism you've made the center of your piece. If you keep things as is no one will blame you because those pieces "appeared" to be good last season.

Ultimately, for now, I'll trust he has an idea on what a winning, sustanable team, at all phases(players and organization structure) is supposed to look and feel and taste like.

Big proponent of high school coaches getting a shot. It's the level where all innovation in football originates.

It's typically automatically assumed on message boards that all coaching staffs in the NFL are the best of the best because they're in the NFL, but that's simply not true. In fact, I just heard Barrett Jones say that he was part of teams in the NFL, particularly his time with the Rams - had guys on staff that had no business coaching middle school football, much less NFL.

I even noted last year some of the blocking techniques I saw Miami using with Gesicki were things that were just extremely poor coaching. You don't ask backs and receivers to block a whole man when their assignment is a DE. You teach half a man and attack the inside leg by splitting the guy's crotch with your outside foot. Even good high school coaches teach that. Furthermore, you don't incorporate that with any concept that doesn't require the QB to get the ball out of his hand quickly.

Nevermind the Bobby McCain as a single high MOF experiment that a few of us shot down immediately upon receiving the news.

If Flores hires this guy he's obviously familiar with some techniques and fundamentals that the coaching staff believes in.

I don't know what to do with that name.

Kuntz needs to get some experience and loosen up. Maybe he can help them play some big D.

I'm mature

I'm surprised the word filter does not flag Kuntz?

his name is Kuntz...

giphy.gif

I know some don't like PFF, but most of Miami's safeties graded pretty high

One should never take PFF at face value. B.Mcain had no business being back there on face-value. We don't know the situation internally for that coaching decision. But the results weren't pretty. I would supect in 2020 he goes back to the slot.

Back
Top Bottom