Dolphins hiring Joe Barry | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hiring Joe Barry

Going from a proven commodity in a DC to unproven.
Honestly I am not optimistic about next season at this point compared to last season.
If McDaniel can pull off a successful season next year and win a playoff game then that will be a tremendous achievement imo more so if he had gone that far this year.
This will be a huge test for Grier to aquire equal or superior talent that appears we will be loosing because of the cap.

Tua bad. - LOL

I am very positive that the team will be even better after getting re-organized after having so many injuries last year.

Our DC was doing fine until the end of the season, then he just seemed to be coasting.

I guess he was "planning ahead". - LOL

This hire is getting panned by a lot of people hopefully McD knows something nobody else does
The Butch Barry hire was panned by many people last year. Especially by the fans in Denver who claimed he was a terrible OL coach. Yet he turned out to be the best OL coach the Dolphins have hired in years.

So while it is far too early to judge this new hire. I trust the judgement of McDaniel more than I do the naysayers when it comes to hiring coaches for his staff.

Going from a proven commodity in a DC to unproven.
Honestly I am not optimistic about next season at this point compared to last season.
If McDaniel can pull off a successful season next year and win a playoff game then that will be a tremendous achievement imo more so if he had gone that far this year.
This will be a huge test for Grier to aquire equal or superior talent that appears we will be loosing because of the cap.
I am pretty pessimistic about you as a Dolphin fan. Yet once you come to the realization that the season is still a long way off and we still have a lot of players to sign and draft. Hopefully then you will understand that it is too early to know how the team will perform on the field next season.

I am pretty pessimistic about you as a Dolphin fan. Yet once you come to the realization that the season is still a long way off and we still have a lot of players to sign and draft. Hopefully then you will understand that it is too early to know how the team will perform on the field next season.
I hear you my optimism is getting thinner as I am getting older. When you showed up over 40 years ago when actual optimism was not about possibly winning a playoff game but expectations of how close to the superbowl are we going to get this year to spin the bottle season after season it's about reality. I am optimistic about McDaniel and Tua currently but even then not super optimistic just hopeful optimistic.

Hard to label it as nepotism. Every fraternity leans on their network for talent. If you can get insight into the make up of a person it gives you a leg up, and what better insight than from the dad/uncle/cousin of someone who you know their work ethic. After network gets you in the door, the individual has to work their ass off to excel, and that you can't take away from Grier or anyone else when they rise up the ranks.

In my opinion, nepotism would be giving Chris Grier the Dolphins GM job even though he was working at Staples last month.
You are a kind soul. On the other hand, Grier has done nothing to allow him so much latitude to be wrong so many occasions. Next time Hoculi, Jr officiates against us… badly… thank his dad. And… with a less “sympathetic” owner, Grier should have been gone in the 2019 purge. Other teams do it… Coach and GM.. out the door.

You are a kind soul. On the other hand, Grier has done nothing to allow him so much latitude to be wrong so many occasions. Next time Hoculi, Jr officiates against us… badly… thank his dad. And… with a less “sympathetic” owner, Grier should have been gone in the 2019 purge. Other teams do it… Coach and GM.. out the door.

Hey, I have a great idea!

Become a fan of those other teams who ditch their GMs on a routine basis.
I bet you would be much happier doing that. - LOL

Or do you just enjoy whining so much about Grier that you prefer staying here. - LOL

If the shoe fits, wear it!

Hey, I have a great idea!

Become a fan of those other teams who ditch their GMs on a routine basis.
I bet you would be much happier doing that. - LOL

Or do you just enjoy whining so much about Grier that you prefer staying here. - LOL

If the shoe fits, wear it!
Ray… you are in the minority. Grier is the reason the Dolphins don’t reload, while the Chiefs reload with pick number 30-32 each year. Same with the Ravens, Niners, Lions.. and hey, the damn Texans. Maybe instead of criticizing , you do some research. You’ll see how Grier’s approach… building a team from the outside, while failing to gather enough young talent to cover for the injured old guys is not the way. His coaching hires… or at least acquiescence to agree universally with Ross is another negative. I’ll understand if you come late to the party. I’ve been a fan since the Dolphins inception… I’m originally from Miami. Are you as conversant with their history? GMs are routinely fired after 3-4 years when teams underperform. Most of the Florida media agree with my point of view. Do as you will, but cut the crap about finding another tea . It’s beneath you.

Ray… you are in the minority. Grier is the reason the Dolphins don’t reload, while the Chiefs reload with pick number 30-32 each year. Same with the Ravens, Niners, Lions.. and hey, the damn Texans. Maybe instead of criticizing , you do some research. You’ll see how Grier’s approach… building a team from the outside, while failing to gather enough young talent to cover for the injured old guys is not the way. His coaching hires… or at least acquiescence to agree universally with Ross is another negative. I’ll understand if you come late to the party. I’ve been a fan since the Dolphins inception… I’m originally from Miami. Are you as conversant with their history? GMs are routinely fired after 3-4 years when teams underperform. Most of the Florida media agree with my point of view. Do as you will, but cut the crap about finding another tea . It’s beneath you.

Only in volume & negativity! - LOL

In post quality and accuracy and lack of hyperbole, I'm in the majority!
And as all good posters know - "Ray is Right"! - LOL

More bad news for the "Lemmings":
1) Marino thinks Tua is a good QB and is very accurate.
2) Today's weather forecast - sunny and clear skies.
3) Tomorow is the end of the 2023 season, so they will need to get new sources of manure to "fertilize" their "crop" of crap-based posts, unless they consider that good news. It's hard to tell with those clowns. - LOL

Only in volume & negativity! - LOL

In post quality and accuracy and lack of hyperbole, I'm in the majority!
And as all good posters know - "Ray is Right"! - LOL

More bad news for the "Lemmings":
1) Marino thinks Tua is a good QB and is very accurate.
2) Today's weather forecast - sunny and clear skies.
3) Tomorow is the end of the 2023 season, so they will need to get new sources of manure to "fertilize" their "crop" of crap-based posts, unless they consider that good news. It's hard to tell with those clowns. - LOL
Ray is often right. However, in THIS case?……If the FO uses the first pick on a SAFETY, what then? Right now, needing quality, not a bunch of 3rd round picks, ya better hope CG doesn’t trade down. This draft has a significant number of good Tackles and guards, a couple centers, 3 LBs. Let Cam Smith have a REAL opportunity to fail. Edit: Funny how you rag on me for not being a Grier apologist, while you rag on folks who feel Tua has merit. Pot/kettle, my friend.

Ray is often right. However, in THIS case?……If the FO uses the first pick on a SAFETY, what then? Right now, needing quality, not a bunch of 3rd round picks, ya better hope CG doesn’t trade down. This draft has a significant number of good Tackles and guards, a couple centers, 3 LBs. Let Cam Smith have a REAL opportunity to fail. Edit: Funny how you rag on me for not being a Grier apologist, while you rag on folks who feel Tua has merit. Pot/kettle, my friend.

Your level of error in this post exceeded even my expectations. - LOL

1) I have faith the FO will always do a better job than you in picking players in the draft, so you are RONG - again.
2) A lot of our "quality" players have been mid round and even UDFA's, so you are RONG again.
3) Trading down will give us an increased number of drafted players, which is a good thing - if the FO choses to do it, so you are RONG, again.
4) "Let Cam Smith have a "Real" opportunity to fail." - Unreal in the absurdity of your bias.
5) "...while you rag on folks who feel Tua has merit." - I'm a big Tua supporter, so you are RONG, again.

Final score: Four RONGS and one absurdity That may be a record for doubling down. It defies belief until a guy like you shows it so clearly. - LOL

Where is my little ignore button? - LOL

Back
Top Bottom