Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could they really put the game during our bye?? That would be an extremely unfair competitive disadvantage for us and Tampa. Not that we need it. Let us play in New England and make them play during their bye!

I have not read all 18 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed all ready.

What happens if the new roof on HRS gets damaged during this storm? We could be looking at a much bigger issue with all of our home games this season.

When it turns north you may change your mind. One advantage you have is not having to worry about the ocean surge.

Stay safe
Well Im right on the east coast of florida. But hopefully Not

I have not read all 18 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has been discussed all ready.

What happens if the new roof on HRS gets damaged during this storm? We could be looking at a much bigger issue with all of our home games this season.

Yes, that is correct- not to mention the teams practice facilities. I am not sure the bubble would hold up either. See below....

The fabric used is extremely light, yet strong. Inflation is maintained via fans in the HVAC units through the integrated control system.

The structure was designed to withstand hurricane force winds up to category three. Internal air pressure is increased to "stiffen" the structure to withstand wind loading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Dolphins_Training_Facility

It's built to withstand a Category 4.

If a Category 5 hits that far inland, playing football this season will be the last of anyone's worries down here. Destruction will be massive.

It's built to withstand a Category 4.

If a Category 5 hits that far inland, playing football this season will be the last of anyone's worries down here. Destruction will be massive.
Currently it's a Cat 5, projection it will be a Cat4 if it turns north and hits south Florida.

I'm sure there's a reason Atlanta isn't being considered. Must be logistical problems we're not aware of.

Last edited:
Well if its moved to the bye, we'd get TJ McDonald for 1 extra game this season...

EDIT: Ugh bye doesn't count toward suspension. So no upside.

In 1992 when we lost our bye week because of Andrew, we went 11-5..... just sayin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom