Dolphins in discussions with Will Allen | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins in discussions with Will Allen

whats the deal with veterans salaries and this vesting option? signing a veteran to a contract after wk 1 does not guarantee his full year's salary? perhaps that is why we saw the release of some prominent veterans, will allen being one of them... if this is the case, i wonder who the team will be watching now that the time has passed? is there any news on f/a other signings?

only one game too late. good luck making it to the playoffs if u cant beat new england at home. whole offseason to prepare to win this game. and these idiots dont even know who their top corners are? and dont have the sense to realize this secondary didnt have enough depth or enough talent? the one move we made was jimmy wilson in the 7th round? in a divison with tom brady?

i dont think there is a single member of finheaven that can honestly say even just with what weve seen that will allen shouldnt have been on the opening day roster or shouldnt in all likelihood been our nickel back to start the season ahead of sapp. how does the coaching staff get something so obvious wrong?

Whole offseason? Do you remember how short the offseason was?

I had Allen making the team. We still lose last night with him, but he proved enough to make the team.

Davis, Smith, Allen, Sapp, Carroll, Williams should have made the team out of camp, IMO. Why? EXACTLY what happened last night. You can never have enough corners esp. with the sked we have out of the gates.

Obvious poor planning and why the poor pass defense was on Ireland last night.

u cant know they still lose without him. benny sapp gave up 170 yards and 2 tds. in a game that wasnt decided till that 99 yarder or just prior to. so u cant say that. if will allen wins his battles the offense sees the field more and maybe we would have been working with a lead. one thing that guy can do is cover and play the ball. something our 3rd and 4th db couldnt do. sapp couldnt even put himself into position. it was a joke. is new england better? of course. they have brady. but will allen may very have been the difference in this game considering we were up 7-0. i know this. he would have played better than the 2 clowns that replaced him. that alone means its a different game.

Whole offseason? Do you remember how short the offseason was?

when was the super bowl played? was it january? guess they probably waited till the lock-out was resolved before they evaluated their roster and their divisional opponents and their strengths. i guess they probably figured they could cover 2 new england receivers (regardless of who they were) with a couple linebackers and we could cover the phenomenal tight ends they have with smith and davis. yeah that makes sense. u think maybe having 3-4 cover corners with size....or at least 2 with size for those tight ends doesnt make sense? and they cut the only other guy on the roster that can cover besides smith and davis -who didnt have good games themselves

u cant know they still lose without him. benny sapp gave up 170 yards and 2 tds. in a game that wasnt decided till that 99 yarder or just prior to. so u cant say that. if will allen wins his battles the offense sees the field more and maybe we would have been working with a lead. one thing that guy can do is cover and play the ball. something our 3rd and 4th db couldnt do. sapp couldnt even put himself into position. it was a joke. is new england better? of course. they have brady. but will allen may very have been the difference in this game considering we were up 7-0. i know this. he would have played better than the 2 clowns that replaced him. that alone means its a different game.

Sounds good. Make me the GM and you would have Allen and Sapp out there with Carroll inactive.

Oh yeah, Columbo would have never been signed and I would have pounced on McKinnie for our RT.

Allen AND Sapp should have made the team out of camp. Leave two vets with Smith and Davis.

Carroll was the issue IMO

watch it again. benny sapp was awful. he made the nice play on the interception. but he was so terrible the rest of the game that even 2 picks by him wouldnt have made it a good day for him. nolan carroll would have been even worse. hes lucky he only saw limited action lol. sapp gave up 170 yards and 2 tds. he was beaten like a drum every time they went at him, and brady targeted the guy.

Sounds good. Make me the GM and you would have Allen and Sapp out there with Carroll inactive.

Oh yeah, Columbo would have never been signed and I would have pounced on McKinnie for our RT.

And made Pouncey a LG, Gurode at C, and Incognito at RG?

well id say ur a better gm than ireland then from this. but i still dont like the sapp decision. who do u get in the offseason to sure up the secondary? sapp is an undersized nickel who will get exposed by new englands personal. u know this ahead of time. and why isnt the free safety postion addressed in the offseason? clearly they didnt think clemons was the answer. he couldnt win the job from a guy that doesnt even know his assignments. why not sign quentin mickall? and find another corner. also who plays right guard? the line gave up pressure on half the snaps henne dropped back. thats ridiculous. its amazing henne played as well as he did.

will allen's most recent tweet, "I forget who said it but 'those who burn bridges gotta/must be good swimmers!!!' Love this quote"...hope he's just playing hard to get because we most certainly need him

And made Pouncey a LG, Gurode at C, and Incognito at RG?

i think we are better off with pouncey at center. looks like he will be a good one. wouldnt hurt to have a guard with mobility as well and can block at the point of attack tho

watch it again. benny sapp was awful. he made the nice play on the interception. but he was so terrible the rest of the game that even 2 picks by him wouldnt have made it a good day for him. nolan carroll would have been even worse. hes lucky he only saw limited action lol. sapp gave up 170 yards and 2 tds. he was beaten like a drum every time they went at him, and brady targeted the guy.

I'm fairly certain he gave up 3. PFF has it wrong. He gave up 2 to Welker (99 yards, and an out at the goal line), and the TD to Hernandez where he got burned in man to man. I think PFF awarded the latter to Smith, playing a zone in the endzone rather than Sapp.

will allen's most recent tweet, "I forget who said it but 'those who burn bridges gotta/must be good swimmers!!!' Love this quote"...hope he's just playing hard to get because we most certainly need him

oh wow. good for him!!!! hes holding out for some cheese now...or a guaranteed contract. that is beautiful. well will, let it be known that i dont think there is one person in finheaven that wanted to see u cut. and finheaven never agrees on anything!

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

u are correct

I like Will but if you think this fixes the problem your wrong.

Houston is next and thier tight position ALWAYS burns us as we double team A Johnson.

They better get Dansby and Burnett on the same page ... and soon.

Back
Top Bottom