Dolphins interview with Fangio scheduled today | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins interview with Fangio scheduled today

There are two cities I know better than most: Philly and Miami.

Philly is awesome and underrated. Great small-town feel in one of the largest (population) metro areas in the US. The winters aren't quite as bad as New York and Boston (and certainly not as bad as Scranton), and they embrace the "no one likes us, we don't care" bit. PHENOMENAL food. Everyone loves to **** with each other, but nobody ***** with Philly from outside of Philly. Jersey's taxes are obscene, and Philly's aren't much better.

Miami is a multicultural bonanza if you want to be involved, but so many people from Miami...aren't originally from Miami. Point being, if you're older, and don't want to be ****** with, you can do that pretty easily. Arguably the best weather in the US aside from Hawai'i.

I do wonder if Fangio has reached the "I don't want to ever deal with winter again" phase of his life. I hit that on my ATV two years ago, trying to find places to plow the three ******* FEET OF SNOW that fell over a few days in March.

Philly vs. Miami isn't "no contest" in favor of Philly. It just isn't.

After our trip to S FL for the week 18 Jets game, the wife is on board with us moving down. She's actually been on Zillow. Now just got to figure out the job situation, and how to take the grandbabies with us.

It has taken us 10 months.

The wife had to transfer down as a bank manager; she lived with her parents for a couple months. We rented a house, got the kids down here and in school, and I got the house ready to sell (I work remotely). The housing market plateaued, we had a buyer back out at the last possible moment, and are finally closing on the PA sale next Tuesday.

If you have a way to rent for a year, I highly recommend it with this market. We're probably going to buy this summer with a mortgage eligible for an early refi, if the market goes the way it looks.

Devils Advocate:

Owner is a loser. Always has been. Franchise is easily one of the worst pro sports franchises in terms of on-field success. Zero playoff pedigree. 2nd year coach. QB health is a major issue. OL is brutal.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to get the guy. But if Philly is an option for him too, it’s a no brainer.
Lost me in the first 4 words.

Ross is a good owner who wants to win, why is it that a lot of people on here think he isn't. Ross didn't lose us a 1st or 3rd pick.

Lost me in the first 4 words.

Ross is a good owner who wants to win, why is it that a lot of people on here think he isn't. Ross didn't lose us a 1st or 3rd pick.
Only people who think he’s a good owner are division rivals. Multiple scandals, no playoff wins, only 3 playoff appearances. Just like I wish Woody Johnson could own the Jets forever, all those teams/fanbases wish Ross could be the owner of the Dolphins forever.

I doubt very seriously he’s going to commit to anything today. I think it’s after the Eagles are out of the playoffs before he does anything.

Back
Top Bottom